Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What segment/segments over the years did you think weren't all that great that got a ton of praise by most people? For me it was the Mark Henry retirement speach not too long ago. Henry didn't do so bad, but to me it was obvious from the start that it was a work, and made even that much more obvious whenever Cena came out there. I was actually pretty surprised afterwards to see how highly regarded that the segment was.

I was also the only person I know that wasn't a big fan of Austin during the Attitude Era and I always pulled for Vince in the feud. I appreciate Austin a lot more now when I look back on things, but he just didn't do it for me at the time.

·
From parts unknown
23,273 Posts
I was never a fan of DX, so obviously I found everything they did over-rated. But this is a matter of personal likes/dislike.

·
Banned
473 Posts
During the road to Wrestlemania XXVI, Batista had anti-Cena promos that everyone praise. I never thought those were so special as a lot of people say.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Austin 3:16 and Punks boxing with god.
Austins promo for his time was impressive but if you look at it now , not as much.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts

·
Banned
4,704 Posts
Huge Attitude Era fan but one of the very rare segments I found annoying was the DX mocks the Nation promo.
DX impersonating the Corporation on the other side was funny as hell but that Nation promo was annoying as hell, there was not one single second that was funny

·
Banned
10,758 Posts
Austins promo for his time was impressive but if you look at it now , not as much.
I believe everything(be it a movie or wrestling) should be judged for the time period when it actually took place.I loved the Austin vs McMahon rivalry but when I watch it nowdays,it doesn't have the same feel.Age plays a huge role too.

The same with certain movies too.Dirty Harry was a trendsetter back then.I have seen numerous cop movies that took place decades later like Die Hard,BHC and Lethal Weapon etc.After seeing those movies,Dirty Harry felt like "just another cop movie" when I watched it recently.That doesn't make it a bad movie

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
This past Raw. I'm dumbfounded by how they've successfully manipulated so many with this stuff.

·
Best there ever will be..
4,221 Posts
Huge Attitude Era fan but one of the very rare segments I found annoying was the DX mocks the Nation promo.
DX impersonating the Corporation on the other side was funny as hell but that Nation promo was annoying as hell, there was not one single second that was funny
I'm the exact opposite. Loved the NoD parody, but the Corporation one was just okay.

·
Registered
14,590 Posts
The "This is your life" bits with Rock and Foley were godawful.

Rock on the whole got praised for a lot of stuff Cena gets killed for - they basically have the same humor level and the same folks writing lines for them at one point, same OTT delivery and over wrought attempts at being serious at other times.

·
Distant Relative of Former Def Jam Intern/Presiden
16,738 Posts
"Box with God"

*leaves thread*

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
People having an orgasm with the confrontation of Dolph Ziggler/Mick Foley and saying that was some of the best Heel mic work in history when in reality it was nothing more than a generic cheap heat Heel tactic that a Tyson Kidd could easily pull off.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
AJ's promo on the Total Divas cast. I actually did like the promo for the most part, but the Bellas and Eva's screaming did partially ruin it. Not AJ's fault but I still don't see why everyone was worshipping AJ as a GOAT diva because of that promo.

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,488 Posts
AJ's promo on the Total Divas cast. I actually did like the promo for the most part, but the Bellas and Eva's screaming did partially ruin it. Not AJ's fault but I still don't see why everyone was worshipping AJ as a GOAT diva because of that promo.
It was a good promo for the divas division. Better than most of the shite they feed us (diva musical chairs, etc.). Although acting like AJ is at a Trish/Lita level because of one promo is ridiculous.

·
Banned
11,717 Posts
Not even X-Pac being in blackface?

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
Boxes-with-god promo. Before that line, it was rambling and a shoot style promo at the start.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Austin/Rock singalong before Survivor Series 2001.
Recently? The Raw closing segment. Yeah it was a very good ending but not GOAT. Sheez.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts