Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
This looks like it will be an awesome system. Just look at the selection of games.

I have a NES Classic and it's great. I don't have SNES Classic because I wasn't that interested in the games, same with PlayStation Classic.

But this Sega Genesis Mini looks very great. I will almost definitely buy one.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,685 Posts
This has a much better selection of games than any of the other classic systems, I'm still not one much for nostalgia, I went to a retro arcade and got bored after 15 minutes.

Let me know when Dreamcast classic comes out, now that I might cop.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
All 40 games have been announced now for the Japanese system. Shouldn't be long before we get the final 10 over here!

Just announced:

Columns
Monster World IV
Dynamite Headdy
Assault Suits Leynos
Langrisser II
Alisia Dragoon
Road Rash II
Slap Fight MD
Snow Bros.
Lord Monarch

Already known:

Daimakaimura (Ghouls 'n Ghosts)
Street Fighter II Dash Plus: Champion Edition
Rockman: Mega World (Mega Man: The Wily Wars)
Golden Axe
The Super Shinobi (The Revenge of Shinobi)
Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
The Story of Thor: A Successor of the Light
Puzzle & Action: Tant-R
Party Quiz Mega Q
Yu Yu Hakusho Makyo Toitsusen
Thunder Force III
Super Fantasy Zone
Musha Aleste
World of Illusion Starring Mickey Mouse and Donald Duck
Bare Knuckle II
The Hybrid Front
Landstalker
Contra: Hard Corps
Dyna Brothers 2
Game no Kanzume Otokoyou
Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Puyo Puyo Tsu
Shining Force
Vampire Killer
Wrestleball
Gunstar Heroes
Comix Zone
Rent A Hero
Space Harrier II
Madou Monogatari I

If I had to guess, out of the 10 announced today for Japan, we'll get:

Columns
Dynamite Headdy
Alisia Dragoon
Road Rash II

Which still leaves SIX games we don't know about! :mark:

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
DARUIS! Another game added! Is it an unlockable game? Not sure atm cos ya know, the video is all in Japanese :p. But the original Daruis was never on the MD, only the sequel, so this is a sort of unreleased game similar to how Star Fox 2 was on the Mini SNES! Of course, no confirmation of this being in the Western version yet.

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
I can just whack all the games on a Ps classic and play them, these minis are just not for me.

·
Registered
22,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
- Tetris
- Darius
- Road Rash II
- Strider
- Virtua Fighter 2
- Alisia Dragoon
- Columns
- Dynamite Headdy
- Kid Chameleon
- Monster World IV
- Light Crusader
- Eternal Champions

Final games for Western release!

·
Registered
17,493 Posts
I'll just continue playing the Sega classics games on the PS4. These mini consoles are not my cup of tea, and the games they put on them are meh.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Here is the full game list... 42 games...

genesismini.sega.com

It is an amazing collection. But I'm a little baffled at a few missing titles. Streets of Rage 1 isn't there. Sonic games beyond Sonic 2 aren't there. Alien Storm and ESWAT are good games, but not there. These games are included in other Sega Genesis collections, so I don't know why they wouldn't be included on this mini console.

On the positive side... you can buy Sega Genesis Classics on the current consoles and on Steam...

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,685 Posts
Here is the full game list... 42 games...

genesismini.sega.com

It is an amazing collection. But I'm a little baffled at a few missing titles. Streets of Rage 1 isn't there. Sonic games beyond Sonic 2 aren't there. Alien Storm and ESWAT are good games, but not there. These games are included in other Sega Genesis collections, so I don't know why they wouldn't be included on this mini console.

On the positive side... you can buy Sega Genesis Classics on the current consoles and on Steam...

https://store.steampowered.com/sub/102625/
Comix Zone being missing is inexplicable but like I thought a couple weeks ago before it was confirmed, this is by far the best collection of games that has ever been put on a mini. If the emulation is on point and they actually stock enough in stores, these are going to sell like hotcakes.

What's weird is there are a shit ton of red bar era titles on there, but they went with the 3 button remote. There's no way none of those games weren't meant to be played with the 6 button remote. It's pretty shady if Sega are giving gamers the gimped out remote so they can release Genesis 2 in a couple of years.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts