Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I was going to through the archives of WWE, and it got me thinking about what could be seen in a sense as gaps in our fandom- never seeing particular superstars live. Obviously, going to live events is a huge part of being a wrestling fan, and I'm sure most here remember the first time they saw a particular superstar, especially their favourites. I realised today that I never got the chance to see CM Punk in person. My first live show was 2005, the next one was 2013- which Punk missed. At least Daniel Bryan was there.

So, what about you? Who's someone you would have loved to see live but never got the chance? Or, alternatively, share a great live experience seeing someone for the first time. For example, the first time I ever saw the Hardys in person was Wrestlemania 33. So, of course that added a ton to the moment, I lost my mind even though I had heard the rumours, I had chills, it was incredible. Dude next standing next to me literally jumped on me and hugged me he was so happy haha. And of course, going to that live meant I saw the Undertaker for the first and last time, which was a whole different kind of emotional.

I would have loved to see Stone Cold and The Rock too (I was gutted when they didn't make Mania appearances this year). So if someone has a cool story to share involving them, that'd be awesome. :smile2:

·
Registered
13,137 Posts
One of my favorite live moments was a Raw post show, where Jericho and Austin went back and forth on the mic, culminating with Jericho getting stunned and Austin chugging beer.... I later read in Jericho's book that they did this shtick all around the country for a year, realized I hadn't seen impromptu brilliance and was devistated lmao

As far as guys I haven't seen live but would love to the top of the lists gotta be Omega and Nakamura.. I also wish, even though I'm not the biggest fan, I'd seen Hogan live, if only for his historical significance to wrestling.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
I went to a RAW live event back in 2008, and I wanted to see all the big stars like HHH, HBK, Cena, Jeff Hardy. I was a little disappointed because 3 of those guys weren't there, and HBK didn't even have a proper match. Jeff Hardy was the one I wanted to see the most. I haven't been to an event since then.

·
Banned
6,218 Posts
I would of loved to see The Rock, Stone Cold and The Undertaker live. Some great live experiences I remember is seeing Kane when he was a psycho without his mask and he put the chair around HBK's neck and jumped off the top rope, seeing the Hardyz win the tag titles in some type of tag team turmoil thing. Seeing Bret Hart return to the WWE, seeing some ECW legends when they did the WWE vs ECW special, getting a chance to be right next to Reigns when he used to do the crowd entrance and he gave me a fist bump when him and Daniel Bryan teamed up for that hour long tag match on SD. Also having Daniel Bryan give me a high five afterwards. Those are some of my great experiences. Also I got the chance to meet The Miz and Ted Dibase Jr. once.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
I never got to see Steve Austin wrestle live, but I did see him in person at last year's Mania after waiting FOREVER, I was starting to lose hope lol. When that glass shattered I screamed like a maniac LOL.

The first time I saw Dean Ambrose in person was at Mania 29 with The Shield and it was an exciting time. I was squealing like the fangirl I am when the guys came out :lmao Most people were booing them but I was cheering my heart out, especially for Dean :D

·
Registered
448 Posts
Work rate guy here but I appreciate it all from Hogan all the way till the upcoming Dominion 16 in Japan. I love it all but I really wish I went to Money in the Bank 11. Always been in Chicago but I wasnt in town for that. Seeing Naka for the first time at Backlash was awesome even tho the match let me down.

·
Banned
42 Posts
I just love hearing Stone Cold Outside Of Wrestling Funny Stories LMAO Check this out

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I saw my favorite wrestler of all time, during this great Highlight Reel:

And I saw Triple H this year:

Don't think I'll ever see/meet Taker or HBK unfortunately :/

I also met Kenny last month but that's not WWE.

·
Registered
633 Posts
My best experience ever was seeing my all time favorite wrestler (Undertaker) face my favorite at the time (CM Punk) at WrestleMania 29 in person. That WrestleMania deserves every bit of flack it gets, but man was that match perfect. From the entrances to the story to the in ring work, that match was a classic. It was the only match the crowd was erupting for too, and it felt really special to be in that atmosphere.

My biggest disappointment was probably seeing Nakamura live. He is one of my favorites going today, I loved his work in New Japan and his first NXT match was perhaps the greatest debut of all time. I saw im at a house show and he kindof phoned it in, but that was understandable. Then I went to TakeOver Orlando, and his match vs Roode was pretty bland in my opinion, which is a shame. It actually came off a lot better on TV in my opinion, but it just seemed like neither guy brought a lot of fire to their performances. I've never had the chance to see that "king of strongstyle" type performance that makes him one of my favorite wrestlers in the world today.

I'm sad that I never got to see Shawn Michaels wrestle. My very first live show was the SmackDown after his retirement.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts