Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wrestling brotherin's,

Since I'm still an internship with schooling & with bills needed to be paid off like student loans and all that BEE-ESS, I decided to take up a seasonal second job for more money to help out with bills. I just got the job at Lowes Lawn and Garden sales associate.

They had 3 positions where they would of liked to put me, but they needed a person of need immediately in Lawn and Garden so I decided to take that since I'll be outside with plants.

I have great people and personable skills but I admit, I'm not the home-body handy man, especially gardening.

Any gardener's out there? Anyone work at a Lowes Lawn and Garden center to give me tips on an already stressful work schedule? I go in for a drug test Monday and been offered $10 an hr.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Worked for Lowes for over 5 years and just quit a couple months ago after they got rid of all spiffs and commission, best advice I can give ya is don't take rude people personally, and expect to work in an understaffed work place. This is the busiest time of the year for Lowes, and enjoy your farmer's tan.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the reply, Karl. (Y)

A motherfucking BOMBSHELL just got laid on me just yesterday and I'm still shocked. Here, my girlfriend and her family surprised us (unbeknown to us) that they booked us a cruise to the Bahama's on July 25th. Knowing that I have my drug test tomorrow, I am going to pull my manager who interviewed me aside (she is very nice) and let her know that this trip is already paid for in advance and I'd do anything from here on forward to do what I got to do for that week off. I'd be working a full 3 months by then so I'm not sure how they would react to that givin' that I'm letting them know NOW. What do you think? I pretty much have no choice, haha.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I would wait until your officially hired to tell them, during your first week of work. There's been years where the seasonal employees have been laid off before late July, so it wouldn't be an issue if that happens.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay, cool. Hopefully they don't use that time as a stepping stone to axe me thereafter. I wish to return after my trip. We'll find out. Thanks for the reply, much appreciated.:cool2

1 - 5 of 5 Posts