Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
TNA Believer
4,293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In an interview to the miami herald, Waltman discussed his last stint with TNA Wrestling, noting that the main reason he is no longer with the company is because he contracted Hepatitis C. Certain athletic commissions prohibit him from wrestling. He said he would return to the organization, but strictly for a paycheck.

"Then try to last as long as I could before I go %$#$ing crazy because their writing sucks so bad," Waltman said.

"I was on my show, and somebody was talking about it. I told them they dip their pen in $%^& before they write their shows. I have a relationship that is deeper than wrestling in WWE. Honestly, TNA it would strictly be for the paycheck. I really don't feel any emotional equity with those people at this point."

The outspoken wrestler feels that for the organization to succeed, they need to get rid of Vince Russo as a writer.

"I like Vince Russo the person. I love him as a human being. Supposedly to my face, he likes me, too, but they don't want me there because I'm always saying something sucks when it's the #$%^. They would rather bury their head in the sand than do something correct or listen to somebody else's input. Everyone is so defensive there. To me, I don't care whose idea it is. If it's a good idea, then lets do it. I don't care who gets credit for it..."

------

Although waltman is to me the same way matt hardy is to amber, it's one more voice pointing the problem in TNA - writing. Everyone is yelling about it - the fans, the numbers, the former wrestlers and even current ones...

Change the writing, get the show on the road and advertise better.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Writing used to suck but it looks like it's getting way better since january.
I can't tell you how many times I've read on this board where TNA's creative is improving only for them to shit the bed a short time later.

TNA has had an unending up and down period where it seems like they figure shit out and are producing a good product only for them to royally fuck it up a short time later.

That's the problem, they have no consistency. It's like they can't tell a good idea from a bad one plus they're company has no real identity.

Can anyone honestly tell me what TNA's product stands for; ECW was the renegade rebel promotion, WCW was the more traditional wrestling company, WWE was the soap opera company, ROH is the wrestling company.

What exactly is TNA, the only time I can remember TNA having an actual wrestling identity was late 05 and 06 and then whatever identity they had was flushed down the crapper in search of something else, only problem is 4 years later and TNA still has no idea who they are and what they want to present.

You'll never reach a larger audience when you have no idea what audience your trying to reach.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
I'm sure they miss you tremendously Pac.

I like what he said about Russo though. :p

·
Registered
6,906 Posts
I kinda hate guys that know what they're going into when they work with the company and when they get released or whatever, out comes the complaining. I mean, he may or may not be right...it just sounds like biterness coming from alot of guys, imo.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I can't wait for the "he's a jobber who cares what he says. TNA is great" comments.

He isn't saying anything earth shattering & he's pretty much saying everything that everyone on forums like this as well as former employees have said about TNA. It doesn't matter how much star power you have. If the writing sucks, you won't go anywhere.

If anyone thinks that people like RVD, Nash, Steiner or even Hardy for that matter are really in TNA for not just an easy paycheck, you're delusional.

·
Registered
13,042 Posts
The worst part is everyone knows and recognizes what part of the problem is except the people that can actually do something about it. If people were glad that Dutch & Jarrett were removed from writing the show, then why do they get upset about people saying Russo should be let go when he had a hand in that and what's happening now.

·
Premium Member
8,582 Posts
Who cares what the 1-2-3 Kid says? His biggest claim to fame or infamy is his sex tape, One Night in China (gag!). I didn't read it, even if I might agree with him. No arguments about the writing, but I don't need Waltman's P.O.V. (unintentional pun...I'm leaving it there).

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
The worse thing: Russo himself wants out from writting.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Wow :lmao
Wait, has Jericho's take on TNA's writing been posted in this section yet? What are the odds that the response to what he said being completely different.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Who cares what the 1-2-3 Kid says? His biggest claim to fame or infamy is his sex tape, One Night in China (gag!). I didn't read it, even if I might agree with him. No arguments about the writing, but I don't need Waltman's P.O.V. (unintentional pun...I'm leaving it there).
You know how asinine you sound? What the hell have YOU ever done that we or anyone should listen to YOUR OPINION?

See how that works? It's the mans opinion he has the right to express it as everyone else and it's just as valid as anyone's opinion regardless of his or anyone's accomplishments.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
TNA always looks promising in January :D
wrestling as a whole always looks better in january

Its a new year, its a new dawn, a new day.....and im feeling go- oh wait its 2011, nevermind

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
I wonder if he's talking about their writing during the MW2 (when he was around). I agree with him, it was pretty bad.
It's much better now tho.
He also bashes WWE a little bit(and I disagree with him) in that interview.

·
Banned
212 Posts
Yeah, he really is spot on with it. Now, if he actually know the value of a job. I thought he could have reinvented himself in TNA again.

I really hope Dixie can realize this and put it to reality whenever she "takes her company back" which is the only logical way to implement actual changes. I thought she made great choices after taking control from Jarret but It's showing that she isn't patient and made alot of mistakes after.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
The Miami Herald just interviewed Sean Waltman. Truth is, I'm suprised anyone knows who he is anymore.

·
Banned
4,257 Posts
Nothing new here folks.

·
Banned
2,408 Posts
The worst part is everyone knows and recognizes what part of the problem is except the people that can actually do something about it. If people were glad that Dutch & Jarrett were removed from writing the show, then why do they get upset about people saying Russo should be let go when he had a hand in that and what's happening now.
The only plausible reason I could think of is that Ditzy is FAR more insular than McMahon, and that she absolutely loves her yes-man in the form of Russo. It's the only reason she holds on to him despite virtually everyone saying he needs to go.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts