Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
I've been saying the same thing about Jeff Hardy for years. I wonder if he'll get the same courtesy of being called "troll" by a bunch of 12 year old Hardy marks. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
1,804 Posts
This guy is 100% correct on all points. Like this guy, hopefully WWE puts him in the hall of fame just for this.

·
P.O.P., hold it down
22,552 Posts
I've never been one to bash The Hardy clan, but they're still get on my fucking nerves as well, especially the fat one.

·
Registered
6,768 Posts
I disagree somewhat cause I did believe that Matt had talent. Jeff? ...nah... not really.

But he's right about their youtube antics. They're really talking as if they're paid their dues when in reality, they haven't. But then again, lots of new superstars in the WWE are the same nowadays. But none of them go on youtube and rant like they're the biggest thing ever.

·
Registered
2,619 Posts
With respect to Val Venis, I think Matt and Jeff definitely came into the business with zero actual talent and a lack of training (of course, they were about 16 or something, so it's understandable) but I think Matt really came into his own as a wrestler after the Hardy Boyz broke up, while Jeff pretty much got by on his looks and his stunts. Not saying Matt was a phenomenal talent, or that he isn't acting like a huge douchebag since leaving WWE, but I think it's kind of hard to argue that he's still just some backyard wannabe after he's been in the business for 14 years.

Also not sure why Val was wrestling on "bulletproof" rings... there a lot of gunshots taking place at these wrestling shows he worked?

I also lol'd at the little map with his picture on it. Looks like he's somewhere in Nebraska or something right now.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
With all due respect, if you watch Matt from 04 to like 08 you can see he had Talent, at least in theRing with a good Opponent he could get a Match done, as for Jeff...yeah pretty true don't know how he got over, but he seems to have charisma, not that i see it.

·
A superhero that saves your GF from your sex game.
3,830 Posts
I've become an even bigger fan of his. Although I will admit that Matt was hot back during his return up to the MVP fued. After that he just fell off and went into the deep end.

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
I think Venis went a little overboard with this, to the point of actually being incorrect on some of the things he said.

Honestly, he should've just bashed the Hardys' idiotic antics and left it at that. More than enough material. No reason to bring talent or credibility into the conversation. At that point, it just comes off sounding bitter.

I say that because if he had kept it to their stupid antics, he'd be fine. But now that he's brought talent, credibility, and "making it" into the picture, both of the Hardy's now have a ton of ground on him because they both made it farther than he ever did -- especially Jeff, who walked away from 3 World Title reigns and potential superstardom.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Matt hardy is no main eventer? So what no one has ever pushed him. So what he is over confident no one pushes him anyway. Helms knows nothing? He had a job longer than Val. Jeff is overrated, whats new? Only little kids like him. Whats new? It doesn't take talent to jump off a ladder, whats new? Everything he stated was wrong or has been obvious to any "real" wrestling fan for years. But wrestling is a business and if jumping off ladders equals money then its going to be pushed. If you get booed when you're the face in your debut match then you might not last long in a company.

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
I lol'd when he first started ripping them but now, he's pulling a Matt Hardy and trying to get as much attention as he can get.
If he didn't go on and on about it every single day, he wouldn't look as desperate. Now, he's just an internet fuckhead like the guys he's ranting on. Totally counterproductive.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
I lol'd when he first started ripping them but now, he's pulling a Matt Hardy and trying to get as much attention as he can get.
If he didn't go on and on about it every single day, he wouldn't look as desperate. Now, he's just an internet fuckhead like the guys he's ranting on. Totally counterproductive.
Wasn't that the first time?

·
Premium Member
25,943 Posts
Wasn't that the first time?
He made a few comments earlier this month about them (more so Matt) on his "freetarian" Twitter which were kinda funny but took them down immediately I guess because that account is not as wrestling oriented. Then, because a lot of his followers were responding to it and he realized that he was getting the reaction he wanted, he started posting more shit on his other Twitter account which is "Val Venis Ent". His entire twitter timeline is about them so yeah, he knows exactly what he's doing. He's pulling a Hardy.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Haha

didn't know that, don't follow Twitter.

But if he really does it for the attention, it's sad from one of the rising Stars in 98/99 to talking about other People so people will care.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
This is like Ric Flair and Bret Hart bashing each other, only on a much smaller scale. Flair and Hart said each other sucked. Guess what? They were both wrong! They both ruled and were being pigheaded towards each other.

I like Venis. Especially in his prime, he was good. No idea what his beef is with the Hardys, if there is one. But I've seen Matt and Jeff Hardy both have amazing matches. Even if they aren't now, they were great at one time. Saying neither has talent is silly.

·
Registered
859 Posts
HAHAHHAHA YES! I dont care who he bashes next, its not even that he bashed the hardys, but it was just hilarious!

Anyone think this is part shoot.... like hes playing a character, not the val venis character, but just a slightly angrier, rude version of sean morley? its probably not forced at all though...haha love this guy

1 - 20 of 88 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.