Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sean O'Haire (God Bless his soul) was a phenomenal talent who never really got his due when he was in the WWE. His Devil's Advocate character was pretty slick, and I enjoyed all his promos.

He was an innovator (actually was doing the F5 way before Lesnar started doing it). Supremely athletic for a guy his size.

If he was around today, that character would draw serious money with Wyatt.

The Devil's advocate character however still has potential. It can be imparted on a currently active wrestler and make some serious money off it.

...Hey, I am not telling you something that you dont already know.

The conundrum would be; who would the wrestler be?

·
Premium Member
4,759 Posts
Looking back at it. He came in around 2003 and the whole Eddie Vs Lesnar feud happened in 2004 when Eddie's past drug use was spotlighted.

I'm not sure if Sean was released by then, but boy a feud with Sean Vs Eddie with Sean using his devil advocate gimmick would have been interesting to say the least.

I think I got my years right lol

·
Super Moderator
25,842 Posts
It had a lot of potential, but I think they nixed it because he was getting cheered because he convinced Dawn Marie to take her top off or something lol. Shame too, the character could've had a lot of good feuds.

·
Registered
17,523 Posts
Sean was lucky he was given a gimmick at all. Most the powerplant guys were treated like crap.

·
Registered
6,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sean did great with that character, but like someone else said, When they put him with Piper everything went bad.
I still dont quite get why that happened. O'Haire did not have limitations on the mic like Brock did at the time. He was fine without Piper.

·
Registered
17,523 Posts
I still dont quite get why that happened. O'Haire did not have limitations on the mic like Brock did at the time. He was fine without Piper.
Meh he was feuding with Rikishi smacked him with a coconut which led to Piper's return. Was just to spike ratings, though it didn't work.

·
Registered
4,875 Posts
It had a lot of potential, but I think they nixed it because he was getting cheered because he convinced Dawn Marie to take her top off or something lol. Shame too, the character could've had a lot of good feuds.

The reactions he got for it especially while establishing the character shouldn't have mattered. The entire character was based on getting people to do things they otherwise wouldn't and breaking their own moral code. He could have been an excellent tweener or they could have put him in a feud with a babyface and had him convince them to break their code which would have garnered a ton of heat. There we're guys like Guerrero who had well documented dicey pasts and they could have played off of that or they could have taken any mid card babyface and had O'Haire bring them down to the lowest possible level like Joker tried to do to Batman in Dark Knight. For whatever reason they did it, shuffling the character aside was dumb, and O'Haire's career never got on track. Huge shame he was the best of the Natural Born Thrillers from WCW.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts