Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a lot of the buzz about this new up and coming promotion. What do you guys think of it so far? I think it'll be great to have 3 mainstream wrestling companies going at it again. I think there's an influx of talent in the WWE right now and even in TNA who could jump ship and make a name for themselves over there.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't think anyone will jump ship to this promotion and possibly burn a bridge with TNA or WWE.. Especially when this promotions hasn't started yet and doesn't have TV or any dates announced for shows.
I see what you're saying but you have to wonder... You and I both know there are plenty underutilized talents in TNA and WWE. If this company has all the serious financial backing that they're saying they do, why wouldn't they take the risk.

·
Premium Member
4,185 Posts
I see what you're saying but you have to wonder... You and I both know there are plenty underutilized talents in TNA and WWE. If this company has all the serious financial backing that they're saying they do, why wouldn't they take the risk.
Yeah but if the company dies in 3 months, then they clearly fucked up...

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,969 Posts
I think its another money mark promotion that will have a negative effect on independent wrestling, just like TNA, and won't do anything to justify its own existance.

The fact that they've identified the talents of Rocky Romero and El Hijo de Rey Misterio is promising though. At least they have some vision and direction. Aiming at a latino audience with young talents.

·
Is a Snit Head
22,343 Posts
If they can survive for 6 months to a year and still seem to be going strong than I think you might see some guys consider jumping ship to them. But not many people from WWE are going to risk having a job in the biggest wrestling company in the world to wrestle for a company that could go out of business in less than 6 months.

They be able to get a few guys that are just sick of either WWE or TNA but they won't exactly be anyone big.

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if Bryan Danielson ends up going over there with the promise of being the top guy...but I can't see anyone big jumping ship just yet.

·
Registered
11,509 Posts
Romero sucks, he was terrible as Black/Grey Shadow in CMLL and they stop using him due to his terrible performances. AAA pick him up because he can speak both english and spanish(that's their new thing).

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
Romero is awesome.

Bernard too. The guy is a beast. He's improved so much and outworked Angle, Nagata and his partner Tomko when they faced off a few years ago. He's in Bad Intentions with Anderson now.

·
also known as a BUSTER
11,969 Posts
Matt 'A-Train' Bloom and Shawn Spears are on their way there.
They must be throwing big money at people if they're persuading Bernard to give up stardom in Japan. If they could get other gaijin, like Fergal Devitt and Karl Anderson, then they'd definitely have my attention.

Romero sucks, he was terrible as Black/Grey Shadow in CMLL and they stop using him due to his terrible performances. AAA pick him up because he can speak both english and spanish(that's their new thing).
Who else thinks this is the worst post ever?

He was 20 when he was in CMLL. He's one of the hardest hitting wrestlers, best flyers, best tag team wrestlers and most charismatic guys you'll see in modern wrestling IMO. He jumped to AAA whilst holding CMLL's belt btw.

·
Premium Member
390 Posts
Yea having Bernard there is really good to hear. He's improved immensely and i'd like to see him in an american promotion as a top heavyweight. I hope they hold shows in Florida because i live in Tampa. It'd be nice to see a different promotion with a chance to compete, i wonder who they're thinking their top guy will be? Any word on that?

·
Registered
11,509 Posts
They must be throwing big money at people if they're persuading Bernard to give up stardom in Japan. If they could get other gaijin, like Fergal Devitt and Karl Anderson, then they'd definitely have my attention.

Who else thinks this is the worst post ever?

He was 20 when he was in CMLL. He's one of the hardest hitting wrestlers, best flyers, best tag team wrestlers and most charismatic guys you'll see in modern wrestling IMO. He jumped to AAA whilst holding CMLL's belt btw.
He was in CMLL last year

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Must be the real deal if they're convincing Bernard to come over.

TNA should be careful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts