Wrestling Forum banner

SD's SummerSlam plans?

4K views 35 replies 26 participants last post by  Bland 
#1 · (Edited)
Things looked to be headed towards AJ vs Orton for the WWE title, now that Jinder is champion it appears that it will likely be Jinder vs. Cena with Cena's Summerslam losing streak 99.99999% likely to continue.

So where exactly does that leave AJ, Orton, KO, Zayn and Nakamura?

There isn't a match other than Jinder vs Cena that you can call, even then, the match is incredibly weak and will be behind several Raw matches no doubt.

Is this likely to be another major event where SD gets shafted with the match ups?

If I had to have a wild guess for where the WWE are headed...
Jinder vs Cena - WWE title
KO vs Nakamura - US Title
AJ vs Ziggler
Orton vs Corbin (Mr. MITB)
Charlotte vs Naomi
Zayn vs Harper (Just to get Zayn on the card, no idea where he's going....)

Other than KO/Nakamura this is incredibly weak for a top tier PPV.

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: SD's Summerslam plans?

John Cena v. Jinder Mahal (WWE Title)/Roman Reigns (Interpromotional Match) seems very likely for SummerSlam '17. Honestly, I would love to see AJ Styles v. Shinsuke Nakamura (despite being a WrestleMania-level match) and Sami Zayn v. Kevin Owens (US Title) at SS. :agree:

But, who knows if the WWE decides to a draft next month, which could cause a "shake-up" between both brands for SS. And, knowing Vince McMahon... I can see an interpromotional match between Finn Balor and AJ Styles at SS (even though they shouldn't), due to their "Bullet Club" history as well as the "seeds" that were planted last year. :chlol

#9 ·
Summerslam is still 2 months away. I would have Jinder lose the belt to Aj a few weeks before the show.

Aj/Orton - Wwe title
Nakamura/Cena
Zayn/Ko - Us Title
Jinder/Rusev
Charlotte/Naomi

Reactions: 307858
#27 ·
This has the same feelings as a couple months before WM time for SD. Vince was hands off on SD up until Royal Rumble time, the brand was developing stories then all of a sudden eveything took new paths around Rumble time when Vince told them what he wanted for WM for SD.

I think the return of Cena is going to mark that point for SD and Summerslam, where everything they had been building will change on the fly when Vince tells them what he wants for Summerslam for SD and the adjustments will come on the fly.

#3 · (Edited)
Re: SD's Summerslam plans?

There's no way they're doing Cena/Roman at Summerslam, Vince is gonna save that for WM.

I bet Roman gets Goldberg at Summerslam, he's going to call him out next week.

With so many matches on the card I can see them giving 2-3 good matches and under-delivering on the rest.

Brock/Braun, Roman/Goldberg and Angle/HHH will probably be there top 3 matches.

AJ/Nakmaura, AJ/Orton, Cena/Nakamura etc. will be given away on SD or some b tier PPV. Summerslam and WM rarely gets big matches nowadays as the name sells the PPV itself.

#10 ·
What are we going to do for the SD part of Summerslam, Vince?

The same thing we do every night, Pinky- I mean Paul. DOOM.

#11 · (Edited)
For the women: Carmella should win Mitb ---> Carmella cashes in successfully on Naomi ---> Becky beats Carmella for title ---> Becky vs Charlotte at SS where Becky retains

AJ and Owens should just resume and finish their rivalry, having the best match at SS

Jinder should beat American Hero Cena

Sami should have the second best match on the card beating Dolph

I don't care what happens with Nakamura

Who cares what happens with Randy

(so I guess Randy vs Nakamura?)

There should be a fatal four way tag team match with champion Usos vs Fashion Police vs AA vs Colons/Road Warriors, with Usos or Breezango winning

New Day should break up and have a triple threat where Big E turns heel, wins, and retires Kofi

#12 · (Edited)
WWE Championship
AJ Styles vs Randy Orton vs John Cena (c)
*Cena defeats Mahal 4th of July

WWE Tag Team Ladder Match
The Usos (c) vs Breezango vs New Day

WWE US Championship 2/3 Falls Match
Kevin Owens (c) vs Shinsuke Nakamura

WWE Women's Championship Match
Naomi (c) vs Charlotte
*Becky turns heel and cashes in her MITB briefcase on Charlotte

I don't care for Corbin. He shouldn't win MITB

#13 · (Edited)
Randy Orton VS AJ Styles has to be in Summerslam there is no other option for both with how things going on the show.

My card predictions :

WWE Championship
John Cena VS Jinder Mahal(C)

US Championship
Shinsuke Nakamura VS Kevin Owens(C)

Women's Championship
Noami(C) VS Charlotte VS Becky VS Natalya

Tag Team Championships
The New Day(C) VS The Usos

Rivalry Match(MITB Briefcase on the line)
Baron Corbin VS Sami Zayn

Rivalry Match maybe a #1 Contender's match for the WWE Championship
Randy Orton VS AJ Styles

Rivalry Match
Shane McMahon VS Rusev

I know Summerslam is 2 brands PPV but I can't think that these matches will not be on the show.

#18 ·
Styles/Orton for the WWE Title
Jinder/Cena
Nakamura/Owens for US (maybe add Sami here)
Dillinger/Corbin
Naomi/Charlotte
Usos/New Day/Alpha

I would have thought they would have kept the title on Jinder, but with the ratings going the way they are, I do wonder if we are headed to a change to set up Styles/Orton at Summer slam.

#26 ·
I honestly have no idea what they are doing with John Cena. They have gone out of their way to make sure that we know that he is a free agent now. So why would they do that if he was just going to be sticking with Smackdown anyways? Something tells me Cena is going to be having his Summerslam match against someone on RAW, just not exactly sure who.

Also Rusev should be back by Summerslam, and I'm hoping that they get him in some sort of meaningful match too. I want Rusev making his way up the card towards the WWE Championship like he was supposed to before they blew their load on Jinder. Rusev vs. Jinder would be cool since they were partners recently and had a falling out. But Rusev would have to be the babyface and that isn't really a Summerslam World Title quality match.

As for the women, who knows. I'm assuming that they'll do Charlotte vs. Naomi since they are probably chomping at the bit to give Charlotte the spotlight. And maybe a Carmella cash in or something. Although I'd love to see Becky get her moment since she is probably the most popular woman on the roster.

#34 · (Edited)
The way the show has been going since WM, my prediction is:

- Lana vs Naomi rematch
- A clusterfuck multiwoman womens match (because they all need to be on every show)
- 4 way tag team match (New day v Usos vs Breezango vs Colons)
- Multi men no.1 contenders match (insert all the MITB contestants minus the MITB winner)
- Jinder vs Mojo Rawley and throw that Gronk guy into it.

In short, lame as fuck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.