Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello.

So as I was watching last week's SDL episode, after realizing that I didn't watch last week's episode, I saw that SDL was going to be in Atlanta this week. So I bought a ticket ASAP. Was cheaper than I thought it'd be.

So fast forward, I made it about an hour early (around 6:30) and I was munching on my coke & popcorn (which btw were kind of cheap considering they're free refills) - while we were waiting for about an hour or so, the chants of three people would constantly flare up: Styles, Charlotte & Nakamura; with the occasional New Day chants here and there. There were lots of Cena & AJ's merch around.

I was sitting in 109 NN; so I was one of the lower sections facing the titantron directly.

Here are some observations I've made throughout the show. I don't know how this translated into TV because I haven't watched it yet:

- Luke & Dillinger were over. Can't believe Dillinger is already downgraded to pre-show matches, along with Luke.
- They really need to STOP having Nakamura speak on the mic. It kills his mystique and they're slowly killing him with this rockstar & artist monicker. When Nakamura was talking on the mic, the crowd was having a hard time responding because it was kind of hard to understand what he was saying. Owens got good heel heat while the crowd was kind of indifferent towards Corbin.
- Usos got 50/50 reactions. One portion of the crowd was cheering and one portion of the crowd was booing but towards the end, they got definite solid heat.
- The New Day had the second most over reaction behind Styles. Yes, New Day got better reactions than Nakamura.
- Tyler Breeze is really gaining popularity fast.
- Charlotte was over ; I'd argue she's more over than Nakamura tonight because she had constant reactions. The women's segment overall drew a positive reaction from the crowd.
- The crowd booed the shit out of Mahal; go-away heat, not heel heat.
- Randy sounded much more fluid in his promo tonight. Sounded like coked-up Randy.
- Ziggler was hated tonight, especially after pinning Styles - which drew an appropriate 'WTF' reaction from the crowd.

Most of the crowd left before 205 live started.

The show was much more bearable to watch without listening to commentary. I felt this week was a strong week for SDL. They're heading into the right directions in a lot of places.

Pics will be added soon.

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Luke and Dillinger was a dark match? Goddamnit. Why couldn't we get that when there was 1 match in the first hour of the show?
It was a 6 man tag-team between Ascension & Aiden vs Mojo/Dillinger/Luke. The crowd literally begged for Luke and they kept chanting his name, lol.

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
Crowd came off quite weak after the first segment.

Breezango, Orton, Jinder and AJ got pretty weak reactions, seemed quite quiet for the main event too.

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Crowd came off quite weak after the first segment.
Quite understandable. From where I was sitting down, I was kind of in the 'middle' and to my left was the more smarkier crowd while most of the crowd to my right were kids. On top of that, most of the crowd in front of me or to my right hardly made any sounds lol. I was chanting throughout most of the night and the guy in front of me would look at me weird while he doesn't react to anything and is busy on his phone.

Breezango, Orton, Jinder and AJ got pretty weak reactions, seemed quite quiet for the main event too.
Breezango - the crowd did Fandango's dance thing but they mostly reacted to Tyler, especially when he made the hot tag.
Jinder - yeah..the go-away heat for him was deafening.
AJ - dude, the place could not shut up with Styles, lol. They were chanting for him throughout the night here and there. When he made his entrance, the place erupted.

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ah. I guess that makes sense. Thanks for the live update. Hope you had a good time.
I did; was fun and I'd definitely go again. The only bad experience I had would be having a very casual mom behind me who would repeatedly yell that she fucking hates Owens because he's fat and she keeps accidentally hitting my head. Oh, and the people near me were mostly quiet and I'd look awkward trying to make a chant. :side:

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
Quite understandable. From where I was sitting down, I was kind of in the 'middle' and to my left was the more smarkier crowd while most of the crowd to my right were kids. On top of that, most of the crowd in front of me or to my right hardly made any sounds lol. I was chanting throughout most of the night and the guy in front of me would look at me weird while he doesn't react to anything and is busy on his phone.

Breezango - the crowd did Fandango's dance thing but they mostly reacted to Tyler, especially when he made the hot tag.
Jinder - yeah..the go-away heat for him was deafening.
AJ - dude, the place could not shut up with Styles, lol. They were chanting for him throughout the night here and there. When he made his entrance, the place erupted.
Didn't come off like that on TV at all. I was pretty gutted to hear him get a weak reaction after he spent a week talking about it, I thought Atlanta could have been AJ's Chicago.

·
Banned
724 Posts
Yeah the crowd didn't sound very loud at all on tv. Seemed like a really pathetic performance by them. Crowds in the South mostly suck these days though. Good thing the Champion didn't grace them with his presence in person.

Honestly though, I wonder if Southern crowds used to be better in the NWA days, since that was more Southern rasslin' as opposed to the WWF.

Reactions: Ace

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Didn't come off like that on TV at all. I was pretty gutted to hear him get a weak reaction after he spent a week talking about it, I thought Atlanta could have been AJ's Chicago.
:side: :side: I'm facepalming real hard right now bro

Yeah the crowd didn't sound very loud at all on tv. Seemed like a really pathetic performance by them. Crowds in the South mostly suck these days though. Good thing the Champion didn't grace them with his presence in person.

Honestly though, I wonder if Southern crowds used to be better in the NWA days, since that was more Southern rasslin' as opposed to the WWF.
The only logical explanation for this not turning out as good in TV based on my observation is that: the place was 50% casual including kids who mostly didn't react to much of the things that happened.

Last time they went to Atlanta, it came across as 'solid' on TV iirc

·
Baby Yoda
30,137 Posts
:side: :side: I'm facepalming real hard right now bro
None of what you said came off like that on TV. I suggest you watch the replay to see for yourself.

The crowd was definitely hot for the opener though, from there, the show died a slow death.

I didn't catch the women's 5 man match though.

·
CATALYST
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
None of what you said came off like that on TV. I suggest you watch the replay to see for yourself.

The crowd was definitely hot for the opener though, from there, the show died a slow death.

I didn't catch the women's 5 man match though.
Live-wise, I felt after the women's 'segment', the crowd kind of cooled off a bit; only to react when AJ made his entrance. After AJ got pinned, most of the crowd had a 'uhh wtf' reaction.

The women's segment was definitely the highlight of the night, for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts