Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone think the Smackdown roster is very small at the moment with only 21 wrestlers on the roster?

Also is there anyone else on the Smackdown roster who you'd like to see released?

Alberto Del Rio
Big Show
Chavo Guerrero
Chris Masters
Christian
Cody Rhodes
Curt Hawkins
Dolph Ziggler
Drew McIntyre
Edge
Jack Swagger
Joseph "Joey" Mercury
JTG
Kane
Kaval
Kofi Kingston
Porter, Montel Vontavious
Rey Mysterio
Trent Barreta
Tyler Reks
The Undertaker

·
Indeed
16,945 Posts
I'd like to see no one released. Smackdown can use all the wrestlers they can get. The roster is incredibly small, and it's why every match combination has become overexposed. Smackdown is really weak on proven Main Eventers. However, they have some solid midcarders who need a bit more character development.

·
Banned
1,189 Posts
He wasn't fired because he's still on TV. The guys released weren't.

SD will be fine. Most of the guys left are gooe enough to keep their spot. Hopefully this means Hawkins will get some more TV time, because he's pretty good all round. Baretta too.

·
pretending to be nice
1,492 Posts
Taker, Mercury and Christian are injured so it's really 18 people in the roster. JTG, Chavo and Barreta are only on Superstars so 15 active people in SmackDown. I'd like them to actually use that extra time to create some new storylines for those who aren't really doing anything (= Show, Chavo, Masters, Rhodes (except his grooming tips), Hawkins, McIntyre, Swagger, JTG, Kingston, Barreta, Reks).

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
The Raw roster is quite large in comparison. Maybe they could ship a few guys over from Raw to Smackdown.

I'm thinking:

Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
Tyson Kidd
John Morrison
Primo

Not like I care either way though.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
The roster is fine, it needs more credible midcard babyfaces though, Evan Bourne would be a perfect choice, or just turn Ted DiBiase face and move him to SD, he'll do a lot better there.

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
When I saw Chris Masters was on Rey's team, the first thing I thought was "Damn, Smackdown needs beefing up".
The worst part is I couldn't think of anybody they could have used instead. I mean, Kaval would have made more sense but he's tied up with Ziggler now and instead we get Masters, somebody who hasn't done anything noteworthy...probably ever.

You could imagine when Nexus breaks up, a few will jump over to seperate the group (keeping particular guys heel without forcing them to fued with eachother), but where are the NXT2 guys at? How about Mason Ryan and the other FCW'ers?

I'd like to see Smackdown expand a little yeah.

·
Banned
7,852 Posts
No one I'd like to see released no! I didn't want Gallows or Croft released in the first place. Anyways I see Joey Mercury getting released after Xmas, pay him while injured during the holiday then fire him... After all Vince did the same to Test and Dawn MArie while she was pregnant.

They'll probably bring some peeps up from FCW, especially those that are a little older than the others down there... But the roster does look rather pathetic right now.

·
copy of a copy of a
3,752 Posts
The Raw roster is quite large in comparison. Maybe they could ship a few guys over from Raw to Smackdown.

I'm thinking:

Yoshi Tatsu
Zack Ryder
Tyson Kidd
John Morrison
Primo

Not like I care either way though.
Please no more midcard talent until we get Primo (wasn't he traded?), Hawkins and Barreta out of this endless Superstars limbo. But for that to happen others need an elevation to main event status, since the IC title scene is way overloaded (Ziggler and McIntyre are next in line, if not Kingston as well).

1 - 20 of 20 Posts