Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The September 16 episode of WWE SmackDown! featuring the return of "The Cutting Edge" garnered a 1.78 (1.8) cable rating, down from 1.9 rating the week before.

SmackDown! averaged 2.61 million viewers, down ten percent from the previous week's score of 2.91 million viewers.

On cable television Friday night, SmackDown ranked twelfth in overall viewers.

Is Mark Henry going to bring the ratings up? :D

·
Registered
664 Posts
Why do people think Mark henry is going to bring the ratings up?
i havent posted on here in quite some time.. but I do think the ratings will go up. not because of Mark Henry himself, but the booking of Mark Henry.. when was the last time wwe had a heel champion that wasnt a cowardly chicken shit? Henry, whether you like it or not, appears to be booked as a strong and dominant heel champion that will destroy anything and everyone in his path. In today's wwe landscape, that is something completely different and may generate higher viewers just to see what happens imo. I've never been a big henry fan myself, but i'll be tuning in to see what happens with him.. of course, they could out of nowhere turn him into a cowardly heel. that would make absolutely no sense, but this is wwe here. And if that happens, I will no longer give a shit

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
18,792 Posts
Mean Mark II to the rescue.

·
Banned
822 Posts
Why do people think Mark henry is going to bring the ratings up?
Because he did it on ECW, that's why people call him Mark ''Ratings'' Henry. Everytime he appeared on ECW, the ratings were higher.
And the ratings dropped when he left the show.

·
Registered
7,932 Posts
Ratings spiked last week because it was after a live show. This week, a week removed from the live show ratings fell. As I've said before, if WWE wants ratings to improve, Smackdown needs to be live. If not, it will continue to get low ratings, regardless of who is the WHC.

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
Surprised the ratings dipped that much considering Edge was on the show. Kind of says to me that Orton doesn't really deserve as much flack as he gets. Either way, with Henry winning the title, I'd expect ratings to increase because it's new and there are a good deal of questions to be answered. Henry as champ? Orton's leg? Christian and Sheamus? etc. Hell, even Rhodes/Orton which isn't a feud could be an unanswered question because over on Smackdown, a lot of things are being kept open.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Damn, that's disappointing numbers. But ratings should be higher this week. We're just days removed from NOC, and I'm sure everyone wants to see what Henry does next after he destroyed Lawler on Raw.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts