Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Asuka
96,228 Posts
The fact that Christian and Mark Henry won the belt is basically proof that it's just ECW with Randy Orton and a legitimate world title. The roster looks so second rate compared to Raw in terms of big name talent, and in storylines too. Something's gotta be done. Attendance for SmackDown, I think is at an all time low, I hear every week that tons of the arena is tarped off. It's just crazy. They've gotta do something to make SmackDown feel big league again. Not equal to Raw, because that would destroy the point of the show, it is basically a test show for youngsters or a show for old guys, whereas Raw has the more proven ones...generally speaking. Like I said before, maybe they ought to really consider moving Cena to SmackDown. Show your faith in CM Punk and The Miz for 3 or 4 months, let them be the big guys on Raw, and Triple H is there too, so that'll help, but yeah. Take a risk for once, it's not gonna kill them. It'll do more to even them out a little, then you can move him back for his program with Rock and hopefully it'll put some kind of big league feel back into the place through that involvement.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I agree with the OP. When the entire SD roster was on the stage and during the lumberjack match it showed how little star power SD has now. Most of those guys are hardly on TV and there was a few I did not even reconize!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Leo Kruger was there too. He appeared in the very beginning with all the superstars outside of the ring.

He's the current FCW Champion and pretty much a lock for the next NXT (if this one ever ends 8*D)

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
And why was Christian only asking faces for help tonight? Was it because Smackdown don't have that many top heels?
Smackdown doesn't have top anything outside of Orton. The next top guys are probably Christian, Mark Henry and Sheamus. Not one of them are young, and only one of them is going to be around 5 years from now.

Everybody else is either this close to making it or they really are nobodies. It is just a prospect period for the young and a dumping ground for misfit toys.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The fact that Christian and Mark Henry won the belt is basically proof that it's just ECW with Randy Orton and a legitimate world title. The roster looks so second rate compared to Raw in terms of big name talent, and in storylines too. Something's gotta be done. Attendance for SmackDown, I think is at an all time low, I hear every week that tons of the arena is tarped off. It's just crazy. They've gotta do something to make SmackDown feel big league again. Not equal to Raw, because that would destroy the point of the show, it is basically a test show for youngsters or a show for old guys, whereas Raw has the more proven ones...generally speaking. Like I said before, maybe they ought to really consider moving Cena to SmackDown. Show your faith in CM Punk and The Miz for 3 or 4 months, let them be the big guys on Raw, and Triple H is there too, so that'll help, but yeah. Take a risk for once, it's not gonna kill them. It'll do more to even them out a little, then you can move him back for his program with Rock and hopefully it'll put some kind of big league feel back into the place through that involvement.
Is this necessary a bad thing? Smackdown has become a land of opportunity, for young superstars and the old. Quite frankly, I like watching Smackdown, cause it displays our future, helps those who can't get TV time on Raw prove their stuff on Smackdown. It also gave Christian and Mark Henry a new lease on their career, a well deserved one in my opinion. So what if the roster is filled up with a lot of so called second rate talent, at least by doing this wrestlers are able to improve. Look at Cody Rhodes for example, the man has made his single career on SMACKDOWN. Many believed Cody Rhodes was like a Marty of the Dibiase/Rhodes tag team, but he proved everyone wrong. End of story...

·
Banned
1,266 Posts
Smackdown doesn't have top anything outside of Orton. The next top guys are probably Christian, Mark Henry and Sheamus. Not one of them are young, and only one of them is going to be around 5 years from now.

Everybody else is either this close to making it or they really are nobodies. It is just a prospect period for the young and a dumping ground for misfit toys.
You don't think Orton will be around in 5 years? You know he's only 31 right? He's the same age now that Ric Flair was in 1980.

·
Ex Con With A Heart Of Gold
10,206 Posts
Shoot, I meant of Sheamus/Christian/Henry
Henry is already getting the attaboy and writing a retirement speech.
Smackdown will really need to shake it up in the draft.

·
Banned
1,760 Posts
I hated seeing Ezekiel Jackson standing beside Heath Slater, Wade Barrett, then there was an Uso in between he and Justin Gabriel in the Lumberjack match when like a month or 2 or 3 ago Jackson wanted out of The Corre and all 3 of them dudes were teaming up to try and kick his ass...like wtf how bout some continuity WWE? We all remember it happening. WWE treats next month like it's next year and they wonder why they're ratings are starting to go down the toilet.

·
Banned
678 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hated seeing Ezekiel Jackson standing beside Heath Slater, Wade Barrett, then there was an Uso in between he and Justin Gabriel in the Lumberjack match when like a month or 2 or 3 ago Jackson wanted out of The Corre and all 3 of them dudes were teaming up to try and kick his ass...like wtf how bout some continuity WWE? We all remember it happening. WWE treats next month like it's next year and they wonder why they're ratings are starting to go down the toilet.
and if TNA did this they will have a huge thread saying they suck for that

·
Premium Member
6,817 Posts
They have no star power because they don't build programs, thus the tv time people get is just a one off match, then they just float around. Wade Barrett has a great look, great presence, great mic work and is believable in the ring. He's a natural for a top role. What has he done since moving to Smackdown? He started a stable that jobbed out to everyone, just as Nexus did. Then they split them up and he's done even less. Am I suppose to believe it's the workers' fault that they aren't huge stars?

·
The human torch was denied a bank loan.
7,576 Posts
SD has always been the show with the most rookies, it's just that they now go on NXT first, so they are ' NXT wrestlers".

They obviously get more money from the USA Network for RAW. That's their main show and thus their main focus. Syfy is happy about the ratings, so there's no need to throw Cena or something on SD, just to spike the ratings. They heavily hyped the Tuesday live show with the likes of Cena, Orton, Miz etc and it hardly had any effect.

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
SD has always been the show with the most rookies, it's just that they now go on NXT first, so they are ' NXT wrestlers".

They obviously get more money from the USA Network for RAW. That's their main show and thus their main focus. Syfy is happy about the ratings, so there's no need to throw Cena or something on SD, just to spike the ratings. They heavily hyped the Tuesday live show with the likes of Cena, Orton, Miz etc and it hardly had any effect.
Actually, the live Smackdown had a rather noticeable ratings spike.

·
Registered
586 Posts
As for star power, I agree that SD lacks of it for years. But I like how they can utilize those little known stars and still able to create interesting television.

Also I like their treatment with Orton. He's the face of the brand, but can still look vulnerable at times and sometimes get frustrated. While on RAW Cena most of the times will just smile and dismiss his opponent like they're nothing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts