Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, SD, while most of the shows are pretty good imo, but the audiences it draws have been very small, as well know. So, what needs to happen on SD? Who should come back? Or what should come back? It doesn't have to be a wrestler, it can be ANYTHING, like a concept or a new title or something. What's gotta happen?

·
Registered
4,897 Posts
Hardcore division. With 24/7 rules. Even if it's a watered down version, it would bring something different to the show. Especially with the title being defended anywhere.

Or bring back the cruiserweight division.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Just put Cena on the show for awhile. Wouldn't win over fans on this board, but it'd help with the general public.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
Yeah, let's hire the injury prone 42 year old back, so that SmackDown can be right back in the same spot when he retires again the next year.

SmackDown needs to make NEW stars, not old ones. The show is dying because nobody is on it, it's Randy Orton and a bunch of midcarders. The only person who is even REMOTELY near Orton is Sheamus and he needs a lot of build before he's any kind of a real draw, and everybody else is just IC title level. It's even more of a problem than on Raw, because at least, despite it being the Cena show, they at least try to put some other people in meaningful roles. CM Punk, Miz, Alberto Del Rio, even to a small extent, Dolph Ziggler, who could concievably be promoted at any time. SmackDown doesn't have anything like that.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Randy Orton is the savior of Smackdown but I feel SD is the better show wrestling wise. SD should be balanced and have some other names. I think John Morrison should go to SD along with Miz and Truth balance the rosters out I feel if WWE did that this wouldn't be a problem. Have a good main Storyline for smackdown like what Raw is having.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Randy Orton is the savior of Smackdown but I feel SD is the better show wrestling wise. SD should be balanced and have some other names. I think John Morrison should go to SD along with Miz and Truth balance the rosters out I feel if WWE did that this wouldn't be a problem. Have a good main Storyline for smackdown like what Raw is having.
You, sir, are a blind mark. Orton is one of the main problems. He can't carry a brand, even a lessar brand to save his life. Only Y2J can save SD now.

·
Registered
3,508 Posts
Chris Jericho, Goldust, Kane, Batista, The Undertaker, Rey Mysterio...

For me, the WWE saviours would be these guys. And it's pretty sad, because I don't found nothing exciting in the vast majority of the "young stars". Alex Riley has not personality, Ziggler is another "cockyarrogant" heel despite his good qualities, Swagger looks like a dumbass, The Miz isn't that good in the ring, Barrett has no real gimmick, Ted DiBiase and John Morrison are uncharismatic... When your hope rest in the guys aboce 40(minus Rey), you're fuck. And yes, I'm fuck u_u.

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
Turn Miz face and bring him to the SmackDown roster. Like have say he begged for his job back, but realized he would never receive any opportunities as long as he's surrounded by Punk and HHH's neverending bitch fest (in those exact words), so he asked to be placed on SmackDown.

·
Asuka
96,245 Posts
I asked Kevin Eck on Twitter when Wade Barrett was going to get a push and his responses was "i believe Wade's time is coming".

There's your savior. Boom.
Who?

Barrett as WHC would make SmackDown worth watching, but don't expect him to get there. The way they've been booking him, his "time coming" is more likely to signal a release than a world title.

·
Recognize
21,503 Posts
Who?

Barrett as WHC would make SmackDown worth watching, but don't expect him to get there. The way they've been booking him, his "time coming" is more likely to signal a release than a world title.
Jesus Christ, cry more. Just like Christian was never going to be world champ, just like Drew Mc was certain to win MITB and just like Alex Riley was going to get fired, I'm sure you're absolutely right about Barrett. I'm pretty sure that once they get back on track with him you'll move your whining over to Riley, just like you did from Christian to Barrett. I wonder what you'll complain about when Riley finally learns how to work a match and they get behind him too? My favorites don't have enough title reigns now, WWE sucks!!

·
All Out
2,790 Posts
Well, SD, while most of the shows are pretty good imo, but the audiences it draws have been very small, as well know. So, what needs to happen on SD? Who should come back? Or what should come back? It doesn't have to be a wrestler, it can be ANYTHING, like a concept or a new title or something. What's gotta happen?
1) It needs to be live. Rumor has it that they are trying to bring it to Tuesdays live, and that could happen before Survivor Series.

2) After going live, it should be treated as an equal to RAW. If WWE continues the RAW SuperShow they should cancel the RAW brands Friday house shows, and bring the stars on the road a day later so that they can be on both TV shows, it like RAW's SuperShow, would be SuperSMACKDOWN each week.

3) I think the titles should stay the same, but I think they should revamp the RAW SuperShow and SuperSMACKDOWN concept. My idea would be to keep the show's stars brand exclusive (RAW stars on RAW, SMACKDOWN stars on SMACKDOWN), but allow ALL champions to appear on both shows. It would make the titles seem more important (as having a title means you will appear on both shows each week). It would also keep the Super concept alive (as it would feature 2-5 stars from the other brand each week), but not be overkill with the entire roster their.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts