1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stone Cold Steve Austin Vs. John Cena.

1. He's jacked.
2. He looks phenomenal.
3. He cut a terrific promo on 'Mike Rome'.
4. He had intensity for the first time in nearly two decades tonight I reckon.
5. He is more believable, credible and appealing as a match up against John Cena than Undertaker.

Surely, gosh surely, Vince offers him $5 million for the one match or something? Surely Austin can be bought, everyone has a price! He just looked more jacked, intense and ruthless out there tonight, I hadn't seen that in him since 99/00.
Did anyone else notice that edgy feel to his character?

I know it's a pipe dream, the product is garbage and even if he did agree to a match, with their garbage writers he'll walk out on their ass by Elimination Chamber time.

A boy can dream can't he? Tonight, he just seemed on fucking point and it's the best I've seen him execute his character since 99/00 definitely. Check out the interview with Mike Rome.

Reactions: Ace and LucasXXII

·
Baby Yoda
29,807 Posts
Stone Cold looked in fantastic shape, I swear he looked a lot younger than the last time he appeared.

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
its a real shame austin had to retire when he did, its hard to believe hes been out of wrestling for nearly 15 years now.

mind you he probably looks good because he did get out when he did and didnt run himself into the ground.

Reactions: greasykid1

·
Registered
18,770 Posts
Believe me, that feud would be pretty good. That would be cool and all, but Austin has stated many times that he's done in the ring and is satisfied with what he's accomplished in his career and loves retirement. Just gotta respect the mans decision and move on.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
I agree that he looks amazing. He's been fitter and trimmer than his WWF days for a while.

The thing is, as much as I would love to see him in the ring again, he's only looking so good because he's NOT wrestling. If you remember his appearance at Wrestlemania, he threw about 5 punches and tore his rotator cuff. Yeah, it was already damaged, but that small amount of punching put him into surgery.

Not to mention his knees and neck are still just as fucked as they ever were.

As much as it pains me ... stay away, Steve. You retired at the right time.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,668 Posts
I agree that he looks amazing. He's been fitter and trimmer than his WWF days for a while.

The thing is, as much as I would love to see him in the ring again, he's only looking so good because he's NOT wrestling. If you remember his appearance at Wrestlemania, he threw about 5 punches and tore his rotator cuff. Yeah, it was already damaged, but that small amount of punching put him into surgery.

Not to mention his knees and neck are still just as fucked as they ever were.

As much as it pains me ... stay away, Steve. You retired at the right time.
He didn't though?

After I’d already committed to Vince to be there, I tore my rotator cuff on my right shoulder. I tore the h*** out of it. It hurt like a b****…I can barely drink beer. This is my beer drinking arm! That’s what I was most upset about.

[After the match] we had to start throwing punches. I threw that first punch at Rusev…and I hit him in the mouth or the nose, and he’s in the corner and he’s bleeding and I feel so bad for him because I really like Rusev…When I threw that first punch, I ripped everything in my shoulder. And I’m like, ‘Jesus Christ, you can’t stop throwing now.’…so we call for the beer and my shoulder is about to fall off!”
I f--ked up my shoulder trying to train too heavy and it was a bunch of wear and tear and some bulls--t. end up tearing the infraspinatus and the supraspinatus, so the preoperative diagnosis when I went in to see Dr. Neal ElAttrache was rotator cuff tear, bicep tendinosis and instability, AC joint arthrosis, and degenerative labral tear. Okay? Turns out after all the MRIs, I had a rotator cuff tear, bicep tendinosis and instability, AC joint arthrosis, [and] degenerative labral tear.

He tore it when he's training for WM32. Throwing a few punches only aggravated the injury.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
He didn't though?

He tore it when he's training for WM32. Throwing a few punches only aggravated the injury.
Ah, you're right.
I was mis-remembering.

I think my point stands. People go on and on about certain wrestlers being "injury prone" on these forums. I don't think Austin's body is up to any more matches, no matter how good he looks.

I'd like to be wrong! But I think the time has passed.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Last time we saw Austin he looked fat as fuck, but fair play he looked in great shape last night. I bet Vince has pitched Cena vs Austin to Stone Cold many times over the years.

·
Banned
8,135 Posts
He's 53 years old, hasn't wrestled in 2003...

Why the fuck would you want to see him in the ring?

Sometimes I don't blame Vince for not putting effort into his product when you got fans like that...

Not saying I want Taker vs Cena, Taker should have retired long time ago.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I'd rather he stay retired and stay healthy. Plus, it's high time WWE stopped relying on these old acts and really put some determined, consistent effort into pushing new talent.
Jesus, you've got guys like Tyler Breeze who could be huge, who have the character and talent to do great things, and you give them absolute shit to work with. The big matches shouldn't be between two part timers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts