Wrestling Forum banner

221 - 240 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
He was stumbling over his words, because he was tired from the match with Jericho. But that was unfiltered and a damn near shoot. He already knew what Cody’s intentions were.
I didn’t even know the time frame but it makes sense, he’s usually so good on the spot though. I’ll admit that I’m a fan of Cody but I can see where he can be over to the top to some people but I think it’s just a slow burn heel turn if anything. And on top of that is he supposed to act like the title he holds is second to anything else? It’s the same thing they do with the US/intercontinental title, remember when whoever it was on raw was talking about their title was the top belt when Brock held the world title? I think it was Rollins.

·
Registered
23,976 Posts
Per Cody Rhodes in an interview this week:

“I don’t want to jinx it, but it’s superseded what we anticipated and I think it’s superseded the general expectation,” Rhodes said. “I don’t want to blame people if they want to put identities on things before they happen and that’s just because WWE has been unopposed for 20 years, so they might be used to how WWE does things, but the TNT title was never going to be a midcard title. It was never intended to be middle of the pack and a lot of people thought, ‘Oh, it’s a workhorse belt’ or ‘Oh, it’s a television belt.’ No, it’s this. And the reality is, it’s none of those things. It’s the first time a network partner wanted a title in their own likeness and looked at a bunch of people they thought would be great fits for it. I can’t wait to tell the full story of it one day. It’s really so rare and makes me really happy to be partners with our partners here in the States and in Canada – there should be a TSN title now that we’re talking!”
The hilarious part about this is when he finally goes heel and wins the world title that's when the TNT title will be treated like the midcard belt we know it is. Right now he's just playing the con game of "he's not Jeff Jarrett, he won't make himself world champ".

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
The hilarious part about this is when he finally goes heel and wins the world title that's when the TNT title will be treated like the midcard belt we know it is. Right now he's just playing the con game of "he's not Jeff Jarrett, he won't make himself world champ".
It’s shit like this that has ran off fans for decades. We have literal DECADES worth of proof to avoid pitfalls, and this motherfucker’s selfish, spoiled fucking nature refuses to be the legend that built an entire COMPANY that dethroned WWE, opting to merely be a goddamn mark for himself.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
I didn’t even know the time frame but it makes sense, he’s usually so good on the spot though. I’ll admit that I’m a fan of Cody but I can see where he can be over to the top to some people but I think it’s just a slow burn heel turn if anything. And on top of that is he supposed to act like the title he holds is second to anything else? It’s the same thing they do with the US/intercontinental title, remember when whoever it was on raw was talking about their title was the top belt when Brock held the world title? I think it was Rollins.
Appreciate you willing to at least see the opposite perspective.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Ya’ll seriously didn’t see it comin’ with Dusty’s kid? Dusty was a helluva guy but politicked his spot just like Hunter back in ‘03.

Cody’s a good hand, can work a middle of the card match but I gotta say, the bladin’ n tryna look tough ain’ doin’ nothin’ for me but ya’ll can’t see what’s infront of your beady eyes:

Slow burn to a heel turn and the Rhodes family drama live on TNT.

·
Registered
682 Posts
It looks like Cody can't decide whether he wants to have dark hair or dye his hair blond. He needs to pick a color and stick with it. Or maybe he can do like Mick Foley used to do alternating appearances and he can wrestle one match with dark hair and the next as a blond to match his opponent's hair color like he did with Brodie Lee and Orange Cassidy.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
Although any champion should think THEIR title is the most important ever, Miz does that whenever he has any sort of title, but there´s a few differences here between Cody talking about his title being THE title, and the Rollins IC title run you mention.

When Rollins said that about the IC title, Lensnar was the never appearing Universal champion, and as such the IC title became the top title in the company.
In AEW, Moxley is there whenever he´s booked, it´s not a 4 dates a year deal like Lesnar, so the above reasoning doesn´t apply here (They just defended both titles on free tv).
And Cody is an EVP, everything he says, in and out of the ring, will be looked at as if it was an EVP who said it, so when he says something like this, it´s effectively an EVP burying their own main title.

There´s a simple solution here if Cody wants to be able to say whatever he thinks is okay as a WRESTLER; Resign as an EVP.

·
Registered
10,049 Posts
What hapoens if he turns heel but continues to cry in promos?

·
Registered
532 Posts
It's certainly nothing new, I mean Verne Gagne and The Sheik were keeping themselves on top, thing is with those names and say Lawler, Dusty, Colon etc is they were major draws

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Someone willing to buy my shirt. Does THAT make me a draw, @Chip Chipperson ?

Holy shit! At this pace, I might be on my way to a match with the bleach blonde dipshit by the Dynamite following Full Gear.

221 - 240 of 241 Posts