Wrestling Forum banner

181 - 200 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Willing to bury his World Heavyweight championship in order to passive aggressively put himself over. “But it isn’t like he can challenge for the World Title...”

The motherfucker flat out admitted before the title was created that he doesn’t believe in midcard titles. Now he is TELLING the audience that it is not a midcard title AFTER showing you that title would have first dibs on tv time and feature.

This cocksucker, along with Jericho, are determined to make AEW their own little sandbox.

At least with Jericho he earned by being great prior to having the goddamn book.
Only a matter of time until the TNT Title headlines a PPV with the World Title relegated to 4th match on the card.

Any idea when the ‘Tell em Bdon’ T-shirts will be available @Chip Chipperson
Just before Christmas, we want all of Bdon's fans to be able to wear their shirts during the holiday season.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
Per Cody Rhodes in an interview this week:

“I don’t want to jinx it, but it’s superseded what we anticipated and I think it’s superseded the general expectation,” Rhodes said. “I don’t want to blame people if they want to put identities on things before they happen and that’s just because WWE has been unopposed for 20 years, so they might be used to how WWE does things, but the TNT title was never going to be a midcard title. It was never intended to be middle of the pack and a lot of people thought, ‘Oh, it’s a workhorse belt’ or ‘Oh, it’s a television belt.’ No, it’s this. And the reality is, it’s none of those things. It’s the first time a network partner wanted a title in their own likeness and looked at a bunch of people they thought would be great fits for it. I can’t wait to tell the full story of it one day. It’s really so rare and makes me really happy to be partners with our partners here in the States and in Canada – there should be a TSN title now that we’re talking!”
This man will doom aew
It's a midcard title it's a fucking MID CARD TITLE. The world title is the most important belt of the show how the fuck is that hard to understand?! There isnt an instance in the history of humanity where a tv title was above the fucking world title
Now all you fucking dwimwit cody apologetic who scream at us "but he cant compete for the world title wahhh" you all need to shut the FUCK UP, he literally created a title that he is going to make more important than the world title, he made no sacrifice with his stipulation! The world title is going to be the midcard title and the entire structure of the show will be fucked up
Just fuck this dude already, he can GTFOH he is killing my enjoyment for this company.
And if there is any aew braindead who come here to tell me I am a HatEr then follow him and go f*** yourself too
This is Preposterous and ridiculous! This is NOT how this industry works. No fucking wonder their anniversary show was Garbage, they have no freaking world title!!!

·
Registered
5,258 Posts
Some of the historians can probably correct me on this, but didn’t Dusty try propping the TV title above the World title once. Say early-to-mid 80s?
I don't know if that's ever been confirmed but Dusty did have the well known reputation of putting himself on top all the time and not knowing when to pull back.

Cody is now doing the same.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Only a matter of time until the TNT Title headlines a PPV with the World Title relegated to 4th match on the card.

Just before Christmas, we want all of Bdon's fans to be able to wear their shirts during the holiday season.
Put me down for 5, then I’ll just wear my ‘Cody gunna Cody’ t-shirt on weekends

·
Registered
532 Posts
Some of the historians can probably correct me on this, but didn’t Dusty try propping the TV title above the World title once. Say early-to-mid 80s?
Yep Great American Bash 1985 headlined with steel cage match for TV title between Blanchard and Dusty with the Flair v Nikita Koloff World title match in the Special guest slot

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
For the record, I don’t like the idea of “mid-card titles.” I don’t know what they’re supposed to mean. But that’s why I was against this belt even existing. It doesn’t make any sense.

·
Registered
377 Posts
The TNT title is like the IWGP IC Title and treated as more than a bog standard midcard belt. The IWGP IC belt has been held by the likes of Nakamura, Tanahashi, Omega, Naito, Jericho. It once headlined the Tokyo Dome (Tanahashi vs. Nakamura) over the IWGP Heavyweight (Okada vs. Naito) belt. You can argue whether this is the right decision or not, but it is what it is. I have a feeling Darby might take the belt from him at Full Gear which could change the dynamic of the title.

BTW, long before WWE made titles into props, the IC belt also had similar prestige was as high as guys like Hennig, Rude, Steamboat and Bulldog got in the WWF.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
Yeah, everyone knows that, but they also know that the WWF optimally ran at least two house show loops, so the IC Champion actually served a purpose.

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
The TNT title is like the IWGP IC Title and treated as more than a bog standard midcard belt. The IWGP IC belt has been held by the likes of Nakamura, Tanahashi, Omega, Naito, Jericho. It once headlined the Tokyo Dome (Tanahashi vs. Nakamura) over the IWGP Heavyweight (Okada vs. Naito) belt. You can argue whether this is the right decision or not, but it is what it is. I have a feeling Darby might take the belt from him at Full Gear which could change the dynamic of the title.

BTW, long before WWE made titles into props, the IC belt also had similar prestige was as high as guys like Hennig, Rude, Steamboat and Bulldog got in the WWF.
The IWGP intercontinental was never EVER fucking EVER put above the IWGP heavywright title the way aew is putting the TNT title above the aew heavyweight one

·
Registered
377 Posts
The IWGP intercontinental was never EVER fucking EVER put above the IWGP heavywright title the way aew is putting the TNT title above the aew heavyweight one
It literally headlined NJPW's biggest show of the year ahead of the IWGP Heavyweight Title (and they've now had EVIL and Naito holding BOTH titles at the same time). It's like if Cody vs. Brodie headlined All Out over Mox vs. MJF... my god, imagine the outrage.

Two credible titles > one credible title.

What match headlined yesterday's episode of Dynamite? It's pretty clear to me that the AEW belt is the biggest one, the hardest to win with unbeaten Mox in control of it.

AEW treats Dynamite like a big deal so obviously the TNT belt (their TV title) gets a lot of focus - so do the tag belts. Why is it not ok for Cody, one of the faces of the AEW brand, to establish a title as being something important?

The AEW belt is still clearly the most important one, something you're unlikely to see Warhorse, Sonny Kiss and Marc Quen challenge for.

In kayfabe terms, who do you think would be favourite in Mox vs. Cody? Mox of course, because Cody is vulnerable and Mox hasn't lost a single match.

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
THEN WHY DOES THE TV CHAMPION AND HIS GODDAMN PLIGHT, GET MORE TV TIME CONSISTENTLY!?

Stop being a fucking mark about this shit. Answer the simple question: why is Cody rHHHodes so much more important that his TV time dwarfs everyone not named Jericho?

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
THEN WHY DOES THE TV CHAMPION AND HIS GODDAMN PLIGHT, GET MORE TV TIME CONSISTENTLY!?

Stop being a fucking mark about this shit. Answer the simple question: why is Cody rHHHodes so much more important that his TV time dwarfs everyone not named Jericho?
Because they’re using the bigger stars more sporadically? If Moxley has a match every week wouldn’t he end up having the fans turn on him saying that “they’re shoving him down our throats!”. I may be wrong but I don’t think the TNT title has ever main evented over a world title match, maybe the tournament final but I’m not even 100% on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,781 Posts
Moxley can’t do anything but matches or 2 minute video vignettes that are shorter than a acids rHHHodes entrance just to talk to Schiavonne?

Stop making excuses for the bleached blonde, midcard douche.

·
Registered
10,875 Posts
It literally headlined NJPW's biggest show of the year ahead of the IWGP Heavyweight Title (and they've now had EVIL and Naito holding BOTH titles at the same time). It's like if Cody vs. Brodie headlined All Out over Mox vs. MJF... my god, imagine the outrage.

Two credible titles > one credible title.

What match headlined yesterday's episode of Dynamite? It's pretty clear to me that the AEW belt is the biggest one, the hardest to win with unbeaten Mox in control of it.

AEW treats Dynamite like a big deal so obviously the TNT belt (their TV title) gets a lot of focus - so do the tag belts. Why is it not ok for Cody, one of the faces of the AEW brand, to establish a title as being something important?

The AEW belt is still clearly the most important one, something you're unlikely to see Warhorse, Sonny Kiss and Marc Quen challenge for.

In kayfabe terms, who do you think would be favourite in Mox vs. Cody? Mox of course, because Cody is vulnerable and Mox hasn't lost a single match.
That was a fan vote and had more to do with Tanahashi and Nakamura than the IC Title.

Two credible titles better than one? To quote SCG Radio’s Karl Jones: “If less is more, just imagine how much more more will be.”

And it’s not like they are creating two credible belts anyway.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Per Cody Rhodes in an interview this week:

“I don’t want to jinx it, but it’s superseded what we anticipated and I think it’s superseded the general expectation,” Rhodes said. “I don’t want to blame people if they want to put identities on things before they happen and that’s just because WWE has been unopposed for 20 years, so they might be used to how WWE does things, but the TNT title was never going to be a midcard title. It was never intended to be middle of the pack and a lot of people thought, ‘Oh, it’s a workhorse belt’ or ‘Oh, it’s a television belt.’ No, it’s this. And the reality is, it’s none of those things. It’s the first time a network partner wanted a title in their own likeness and looked at a bunch of people they thought would be great fits for it. I can’t wait to tell the full story of it one day. It’s really so rare and makes me really happy to be partners with our partners here in the States and in Canada – there should be a TSN title now that we’re talking!”
If it's not a mid card title then it has zero reason for being. Cause you need another title for a particular use, that's the use, there is no point to have another title just for shits and giggles.

Hell how can Cody not see that his title reign so far have been work horse-oriented? lol And mainly defended on TV?

·
Registered
532 Posts
I like the idea of a TV champion but it needs to be different to a World title

Wasnt it SMW where if you defended it six times or something you had to relinquish the belt?

Here are some ideas for the TV title

1/ TV title is bound by 15 minute time limit

2/ TV title can only be defended on TV not on house shows

3/ Challengers to the TV title must apply in writing to AEW chairman(Kayfabe), Tony Khan has sanctioned a match between Cody and etc

4/ Re-matches are signed after a countout, DQ or time limit draw to happen in the next 30 days

5/ The Referee holds the right to ban people from ringside (Again more could happen with this)

Thats a few basic ideas, anyone fancy expanding on?

181 - 200 of 241 Posts