Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
4,850 Posts
Big mistake cutting off Brodie momentum like this. Now it just looks like he was only able to beat Cody. Because he was tired and beat up from defending the title so much. If Cody was going to win title back from Brodie.

Well Brodie should have won this match and then have Cody win title back. But Cody ego won't let him do that. He had to come back and win his title match in a cool gimmick match on Dynamite. What a joke and it's so annoying Tony Khan allows this booking.

Nobody thought Brodie should drop the title here and so soon. At least Cody was overshadowed by Jericho night. It was probably killing him that he couldn't have his epic dog collar match win in the main event.

One thing appears to be clear with AEW booking. There "Inner Circle" is Moxley, Jericho, Cody, Omega, Page. With MJF on verge of getting in. It seems like any new comer who joins AEW isn't going to win a feud with one of these guys this year.

·
Registered
10,035 Posts
Big mistake cutting off Brodie momentum like this. Now it just looks like he was only able to beat Cody. Because he was tired and beat up from defending the title so much. If Cody was going to win title back from Brodie.

Well Brodie should have won this match and then have Cody win title back. But Cody ego won't let him do that. He had to come back and win his title match in a cool gimmick match on Dynamite. What a joke and it's so annoying Tony Khan allows this booking.

Nobody thought Brodie should drop the title here and so soon. At least Cody was overshadowed by Jericho night. It was probably killing him that he couldn't have his epic dog collar match win in the main event.

One thing appears to be clear with AEW booking. There "Inner Circle" is Moxley, Jericho, Cody, Omega, Page. With MJF on verge of getting in. It seems like any new comer who joins AEW isn't going to win a feud with one of these guys this year.

brodie does not have momentum, sorry that no one let you know sooner. I agree with many other things you said though

·
Southern Pride
3,949 Posts
Even as a Cody fan I would have rather seen Brodie retain. Cody could have taken the loss and Brodie needed all of the big wins that he could get.

Now it's like, how can Brodie recover from this? What possible path can he and the Dark Order go to now besides spending time trying to recruit midcarders? He already lost to Moxley, a heel tag team has the tag team titles and so........?

Cody on the other hand could have joined his brother (and QT Marshall) in the tag team scene at the very least or feud with someone like Miro away from any title.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Cody getting the W was expected, but goddamn if it didn’t bring the show doe for me in a massive way.

I hope he enjoys sucking Tony Khan’s dick for booking power, because without him, he’d still be nothing.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
This is why Khan should’ve never let the wrestlers be EVP. Talent should never be in the office because their ego always interferes with booking. You get another case of Triple H when you should be looking for guys like Undertaker who do what’s best for business.

Cody obviously has to keep himself in the spotlight otherwise he falls into obscurity. There’s a reason why Vince never pushed him as a top star, he didn’t see it in him and Cody’s been trying to prove him wrong ever since. Vince is right though.

·
HEADBANGA
23,199 Posts
Cody is basically the new Jeff Jarrett

A solid mid card wrestler with a famous name thinking he is a main event talent, and pushing himself
Cody wishes he was as talented as Jarrett.
Are we really comparing Cody to Jeff Jarrett? The guy who constantly booked himself as champion in the early inception of TNA? The guy who wasn't that great in the ring?

Cody hasn't booked himself unbeatable as he's lost to key heels to propel them further and he always make the guy he us up against look good. People complain about how he presents himself but the man carries himself like a star, in and out the ring. That's called charisma, you either have it or you don't.

·
Registered
5,010 Posts
I hate to tell you all that I told you so but I told you so. When Brodie won people were like "See! Fucking see! This was the plan all along! LONG TERM STORY TELLING MOTHERFUCKERS! Brodie is going to be a big star now!"

4-6 weeks later jobs to Cody when he heals up and is fresh again in a barely hyped match on a Dynamite midcard. Brilliant.

Oh and yes, Brodie is well and truly done now. Lost to Moxley, lost to Cody, he desperately needed the win against Cody (Match shouldn't have happened anyway tbh) and he dropped his lollies. More of this great AEW booking I guess.

Are we really comparing Cody to Jeff Jarrett? The guy who constantly booked himself as champion in the early inception of TNA? The guy who wasn't that great in the ring?

Cody hasn't booked himself unbeatable as he's lost to key heels to propel them further and he always make the guy he us up against look good. People complain about how he presents himself but the man carries himself like a star, in and out the ring. That's called charisma, you either have it or you don't.
Jeff Jarrett was never as egotistical as Cody. Jarrett never put himself on top a committee did because at the time Jeff Jarrett was the only heel that was over and had name value. As soon as TNA signed Christian, Kurt Angle and Sting he graciously dropped the championship and never held it again.

Oh and Jarrett is a phenomenal worker. He main evented the first show I ever attended and had the crowd eating out of the palm of his hand. Well and truly the best heel on the show by far and crowd went mental when Rhino pinned him with the gore.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Yeah. It’s real easy to accept losses when you’re still on TV more than everyone, even the World Champion. Well, everyone not named Chris Jericho.

Wins and losses have no meaning for Cody rHHHodes more than any other wrestler on the roster. He wins and gets more tv time going forward than his opponent. He loses And gets more tv time than his opponent. He doesn’t have to face the music of putting anyone over, because they aren’t really going over. They’re literally only winning a match, but he remains the more important figure and most tv time.

Let me ask everyone this: in terms of kayfabe or even television/movie-style storytelling, who should be the most important person on the roster? The World Champ, right? That is your main protagonist.

Jon Moxley has been treated like a highly paid supporting character in Cody and Jericho’s movie. He gets 2 min vignettes, and they get interviews, 15-20 min matches, HEAVILY featured feuds, all of the gimmick matches, etc.

Jeff Jarrett at least understood that for his company to mean something, the focus of the show had to be on the World title. He didn’t downplay the world title’s importance by featuring himself on television as the most important thing in the company.

Serious question: why would anyone want to wrestle for the world title? What is the benefit of being champion? You’re used on tv less than Jericho and Cody and, often times at least, run a right race as to whether you’ll be featured and on tv than Orange Cassidy, The Dark Order, and MJF.

1 - 20 of 241 Posts