Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,212 Posts
It feels kinda bizarre to hear Steiner in a RL interview without his character, can't say I disagree with most things he said, although I think he's beeing harsh towards Pritchard based on the fact that he said TNA doesn't put anybody over while Roode and Storm have received their pushes of their lifetime. The thing with Steiner is that unlike most he has worked with Hogan and Bischoff in the past and that's why he must be as pissed as he is about TNA failing to get more succesful, as is evident with his drawback comparisions to the downfall of WCW. And although he didn't mention him in this interview, it's extremely nice to know that the GOAT is a fan of the best young wrestler (as in legit young, not in his 30s) in Magnus, and beeing pro AJ Styles imho adds to AJs credibillity aswell.

I'm a bit confused about his comments regarding OFN though. Wasn't the deal of the show that a champion can be called out by anyone, but not by the indy guys since those are only there for a contract match?

·
Registered
8,748 Posts
It feels kinda bizarre to hear Steiner in a RL interview without his character, can't say I disagree with most things he said, although I think he's beeing harsh towards Pritchard based on the fact that he said TNA doesn't put anybody over while Roode and Storm have received their pushes of their lifetime. The thing with Steiner is that unlike most he has worked with Hogan and Bischoff in the past and that's why he must be as pissed as he is about TNA failing to get more succesful, as is evident with his drawback comparisions to the downfall of WCW. And although he didn't mention him in this interview, it's extremely nice to know that the GOAT is a fan of the best young wrestler (as in legit young, not in his 30s) in Magnus, and beeing pro AJ Styles imho adds to AJs credibillity aswell.

I'm a bit confused about his comments regarding OFN though. Wasn't the deal of the show that a champion can be called out by anyone, but not by the indy guys since those are only there for a contract match?
I think even indy guys can call out someone like Roode or Jeff Hardy.. its an open fight night. If JB can call out EB for a fight, I think its pretty clear that some unknown indy guy will eventually call out someone like Roode and beat him to earn a contract or something.

It was funny but I think Steiner was right about "Hogan having no ground-breaking ideas". OFN and paparazzi thing is just.. passable imo. Nothing major here.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts