Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 155 Posts

·
Registered
8,854 Posts
Regardless of how the match went, lonely Sting makes me sad :(
Do not feel to bad. He spent like a year by himself up in the rafters. Although rumor has it the Phantom of the Opera visited him from time to time.

·
Banned
11,718 Posts
Sting being in the WWE is nothing more than Vince finally getting to own the last big name he hasn't been able. The match was him once again proving WWE >>>>>>>>> WCW

·
Registered
4,746 Posts
I can't help but wonder: What did people thought they were going to get with Sting in WWE?

The guy was the biggest name to have never wrestle for WWE. The guy made his name wrestling for everyone but Vince McMahon. Of course Vince was gonna shit all over him, because he made his name somewhere other than McMahonland.

I'm surprised that people thought Vince wasn't gonna to bury Sting, just to stroke his own ego. Like I said before, WWE exists to entertain Vince McMahon and nobody else. Of course what happened to Sting was going to happen.

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Do not feel to bad. He spent like a year by himself up in the rafters. Although rumor has it the Phantom of the Opera visited him from time to time.

Well, there were rumors of Taker jumping to WCW back in the day :lol

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
There weren't any plans to end the authority story and without it Seth would've been in limbo and nowhere close to being the star he is today.

So a washed up old guy getting his win is more important than letting a young prospect shine?
Funny.. since this board always seems to complain about the reverse.
Why would have Seth been in limbo? Authority goes away and now Seth has to face the wrath of Lesnar and his former friend Roman, all by himself.

Instead of being booked as HHH and Stephanie's little lap dog, he is a true champion. A true bad ass. He shines far more than being in HHH's shadow!
He is looked as HHH lite right now instead of his own man. The proof, he uses the Pedigree.

So you're wrong big fella.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Probably the most stupidest thing ever should of just done sting vs taker one and done sting leaves after that or shouldn't have came at all so disappointing he deserves better

·
WWE plant
3,892 Posts
Why would have Seth been in limbo? Authority goes away and now Seth has to face the wrath of Lesnar and his former friend Roman, all by himself.

Instead of being booked as HHH and Stephanie's little lap dog, he is a true champion. A true bad ass. He shines far more than being in HHH's shadow!
He is looked as HHH lite right now instead of his own man. The proof, he uses the Pedigree.
Because he wouldn't have anyone to carry the segments back then. You can't deny Trips, Steph and J&J played a huge part in getting Seth heat/over. He wouldn't have been able to manage himself as well in the early days of his reign without that help.

The only reason they gave him the Pedigree and put him in HHH's shadow was to give him his major win at WM by going over HHH and catapult him into superstardom. Don't tell me you didn't see that coming for at least 6 months now?

Don't worry. Everybody is allowed to be wrong at least once ;).

·
Registered
18,879 Posts

Yeah, HHH & Steph should've just taken a year off of TV after Survivor Series 2014. Let Seth run The Authority, get that heel spotlight on his own, prove himself as champion and then when HHH & Steph return (let's say Seth wins a match to bring them back against Sting for the title) in like the Fall of 2015, Seth will have turned into a guy that wants do to shit on his own. The matured WWE Champion doesn't want to be babied anymore, so HHH & Steph take exception and turn on him. Boom, a new top babyface is born with almost 2 years worth of build up so he can kill of The Authority for good.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any growth from Rollins outside of he used to be in The Shield, he turned on them and his now an Authority kiss-ass. WWE really missed an opportunity to add layers to the character, which is an issue with most of their performers.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Because he wouldn't have anyone to carry the segments back then. You can't deny Trips, Steph and J&J played a huge part in getting Seth heat/over. He wouldn't have been able to manage himself as well in the early days of his reign without that help.

The only reason they gave him the Pedigree and put him in HHH's shadow was to give him his major win at WM by going over HHH and catapult him into superstardom. Don't tell me you didn't see that coming for at least 6 months now?

Don't worry. Everybody is allowed to be wrong at least once ;).
Yeah, HHH & Steph should've just taken a year off of TV after Survivor Series 2014. Let Seth run The Authority, get that heel spotlight on his own, prove himself as champion and then when HHH & Steph return (let's say Seth wins a match to bring them back against Sting for the title) in like the Fall of 2015, Seth will have turned into a guy that wants do to shit on his own. The matured WWE Champion doesn't want to be babied anymore, so HHH & Steph take exception and turn on him. Boom, a new top babyface is born with almost 2 years worth of build up so he can kill of The Authority for good.

Unfortunately, I haven't seen any growth from Rollins outside of he used to be in The Shield, he turned on them and his now an Authority kiss-ass. WWE really missed an opportunity to add layers to the character, which is an issue with most of their performers.
As you can see @Braylyt I'm not wrong. There is no wrong. There's only different ways of thinking about something, especially when telling a story. Creatively after WM31, there could have been a 100 different stories that could have been created. 99 of them would probably be better than the Authority angle that has been going on for far too long. Thanks @DGenerationMC for showing just one of the possibilities.

·
WWE plant
3,892 Posts
As you can see @Braylyt I'm not wrong. There is no wrong. There's only different ways of thinking about something, especially when telling a story. Creatively after WM31, there could have been a 100 different stories that could have been created. 99 of them would probably be better than the Authority angle that has been going on for far too long. Thanks @DGenerationMC for showing just one of the possibilities.
Wtf:lol:lol You quote me calling my opinion wrong, than when you realise I was right you come in with this holier than thou attitude of 'there is no right or wrong'. Just swerve mate.

Fact is, Seth wasn't nearly over or comfortable enough on the mic to carry the whole main event scene on his own after Mania. Nobody who watches the programming can possibly think that.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
In hindsight, I shouldn't be surprised Sting was booked to lose. But still, every time I have any sort of expectations from WWE in this age, they fail. Sting going over was such simple fucking logic, but nope. They screwed it up. I have literally zero faith in them anymore. I think its a miracle they can remember to breathe continuously.

·
Banned
1,522 Posts
I'm sure I've always read Scott Hall talk about not caring about winning or losing, as long as he got paid to do his job he was happy. I may have that confused, but I'm surprised he of all people said this (if I remember right).
Why would you be surprised? Scott Hall, like all wrestlers, are performance actors. They play characters who aren't them; it's not real. Winning or losing shouldn't matter. Performing and acting your character to its full potential to ensure your character has a good chance of getting over is what matters.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
It bombed, and how you have Taker and Sting on the same card but not up against each other is simply because son-in-law Triple H thought it was best for him to get "WWE's final win over WCW". Also Wyatt losing served zero purpose. Completely botched both of those matches.

I'm glad Sting came to WWE, it was a great moment and experience, but the politics of Vince McMahon not being able to let go after 15 years is childish. They had Sting verbally suck Triple H's dick in a promo, that's when I knew Vince is the biggest piece of scum alive today.

·
Banned
956 Posts
Well he was never part of it, if he thought he would ever be part of what WWE have now he's kidding himself. Let's be honest his career was over way before he come to WWE for a cup of tea. So perhaps he shit on his own legacy.

Reactions: 307858

·
Banned
4,945 Posts
I think Sting just wanted a Wrestlemania moment, well he got one, no one will ever forget the almighty Sting joining the WWE just to job to HHH at Mania, he probably got paid a bucket load for it and it hasn't tarnished his legacy, just a blimp on the radar at the the end, I don't reckon he regrets it
Think about it though, had he went over, it'd be just another moment. As is, he got fucked, we all know it, Sting's gonna be the hero of that story, no matter what. In fact, I was pissed at Seth for his tweet about Sting. Fuck that little punk for talking shit about a guy he'll never, ever, equal. I love SR since I saw cyberfights and his equally hot, revolting, and hilarious damp n small trunks, but we'd be talking about his 'stinger' if the big guy wasn't the hero of this sordid tale.

21 - 40 of 155 Posts