Wrestling Forum banner

Did Scott Hall make the most out of his career?

• Yes

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • No

Votes: 25 78.1%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a Wrestling fan's point of view, The qualities of a great Wrestler would be good in ring worker, charisma, mic skills, look, and size. If you excel in two or three of these you got your work cut you for you for a very solid career (barring bad luck). Scott Hall was a guy who had every single quality you can want out of your number one guy in the company. That's how talented I thought Scott Hall was and as over as he got in his prime, He never won the Heavyweight Championship in WWE or WCW, Let alone be a number one guy for your company. This is why in a way Scott Hall is remembered for his talent and personality instead of his accomplishments. He relied way too much on his natural charismatic personality and never worked hard enough to reach the stakes he could have INDIVIDUALLY. Scott Hall can hold his own with just about any professional Wrestler I've ever seen in terms of natural talent and ability.

Having said that, Why isn't Scott Hall looked at as a top ten Wrestler of all time as he could have been? I'd say Scott was a guy who always looked out for himself and for all the wrong reasons. In the Wrestling business I don't think there's anything wrong with looking out for yourself as I've always thought you have to be selfish in a way to get to the top and stay on top. But in Scott Hall's case during the course of when he was at his peak he took care of himself with having great connections and making personal friends. Ultimately, He did make sacrifices just in the wrong way and had all of his attention on the things that were irrelevant to getting the most out his career. He went on to develope bad habits such as alcohol, drugs, and unprofessional behavior. Those are all qualities that you shouldn't have if you want to be the company's number one guy.

Scott Hall still had a career that most Wrestler would kill for. Being the backbone of the most famous and hottest time in Wrestling history of Wrestling. Hall leaving WWE to go to WCW sparked and electrfied the most famous boom in Wrestling history. Scott Hall defined The Monday Night Wars and NWO, The whole era and faction carried on his personality. Now don't get me wrong because I am one of those who believe Hulk Hogan is the biggest draw in Wrestling history and he is what ultimately put WCW\NWO over and on the map. But Scott Hall is what gave them there personality and it's only fitting that Hall gave them there personality because that was what Hall thrived on and fell back on his whole career. Never was known for his great work ethic or his desire to be the head guy of the company. While being a huge Scott Hall fan, I just wish Hall didn't always fall back on his personality and unbelieveable natural charisma. Just use your talent and take responsibilities in fullfilling what he could of potentially been remembered as. Instead, Hall was still an icon only an icon in the way you don't neccessarilly want to be. He was an icon in that he always entertained because of his GIFT from the Wrestling gods of how truely cool and natural he was but that's not what you want to be remembered for when it's all said and done. You want to be an icon for outworking the next guy and being able to tough it out though tough times and have the desire and will to want to get to the top. At the end of the day Scott Hall was still an absolute legend and I want this thread to remember all the great times he gave us and instead of always bashing the guy for his demons let's celebrate that he hasn't joined Benoit, Guerrero, Owen, Savage and be grateful for everything he has gave us and all the fun times we've had watching the guy!

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Like i said before, Hall is the most underrated/wasted talent in wrestling history, this guy had everything in his prime.
great wrestler, charismatic, main event look, great on the mic and could draw money. it's a real shame to see him today, especially for me and i'm sure that for a lot people who were big fans of his. one of the most unique personalities ever in wrestling and i hope that he can get out of this mess.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
For the moment I was reading your post I forgot about the alcohol addiction, the mugshot, the in ring appearance somewhere that was HORRID. Seen mugshot and :no:
Well my post wasn't all happy happy. I actually brought up the issues I have with him and his personal demons several times. It's just I'm willing to accept the good and the bad and not just always dwell on the bad like most people around here. That's why I created a Scott Hall appreciation thread!

·
Registered
8,365 Posts
he was a total package , good wrestler , A+ on the mic , oozing charisma , great gimmicks .. it's a shame his personal demons held him back

i truley believe that if he didn't have drinking problems he would've been WCW champion at some point

·
Registered
14,221 Posts
there's nothing wrong with simon he is the most underated wwe superstar to ever step foot in the ring everytime he came down the crowds were on there feet!
Yeah, to go to the concession stand. J/K

Back to Scott Hall I think he made the most of his career. The guy is one of the best IC champs ever. He helped head up one of the biggest stables in wrestling history. Many regard him as one of the top guys to never be world champ.

·
Banned
2,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What the hell? How recent is that video? He looks boarderline retarded there and why the hell the Wrestling promotion allowed him to embarass himself like that is beyond me. Almost put tears in my eyes. Get better Hall!

·
#ELITEASFUCK
3,235 Posts
What the hell? How recent is that video? He looks boarderline retarded there and why the hell the Wrestling promotion allowed him to embarass himself like that is beyond me. Almost put tears in my eyes. Get better Hall!
If I remember the story correctly, he was on some sort of medication and should never have been allowed to go out there.

·
Sheriff of Piltover
2,880 Posts
Sometime in March/April this year. I know right? It makes me super sad. Hall would be great in the WWE right now with this angle.

·
Registered
6,360 Posts
I always enjoyed Hall. One of the very very few wrestlers that seemed to get a good reaction and not grow rapidly stale by using the same promo lots of times. I mean, everyone loved survey time!

Plus he had a great look in ring, played a great heel, and did it naturally. Wasn't he in the first ladder match too, back when the Intercontinental Title meant something to fight over?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Hall was one of my boyhood wrestling heroes, as others have said he had it all technical in ring ability, mic skills and charisma in abundance. He had a great career but lets be honest it could have gone on being great for much longer had the drugs and alcahol not overcome him. Its so sad to see whats happened to him now, I hope he can get himself sorted out, but I fear for him

On another note looking at that last video of him, the promoter of that show must be a total dick to send him out in that state

1 - 20 of 26 Posts