Wrestling Forum banner

Scorpio Sky Update

3K views 31 replies 32 participants last post by  Don Draper's Ghost 
#1 ·
#16 ·
Sky isn’t top tier, but he’s solid. He has a background in this company, he’s a former champion (tag/TNT), and I’d rather see him in tournaments or just on TV than guys like Rush/Bandido or random ROH guys (or even a Daniel Garcia or Wheeler Yuta).

I think it’s a shame that guys just get thrown to the wayside and struggle to get on TV.

#27 ·
So just a slice of bread then?

Honestly I agree. They tried to push him as a face and as a heel but he just can't put it together. Think he's hit his ceiling. They've also got Jay Lethal now who is better in just about every role Scorpio would fill; a better talker, better worker and more charismatic generally.

#15 ·
I feel really bad for being genuine with this cause the jokes about it are so mean spirited but I genuinely forgot he was even gone.

He should still stick around as an enhancement talent he isn't completely useless as those are actually really important. But he simply doesn't have enough to him to be anywhere above that and every attempt AEW has made to push him has proved it.

#7 ·
Decent hand but as others have said, fairly boring. Use him as a jobber to the stars, but outside of that I don't want to see him having tons of screen time again Yawn.

Or, put him in a tag team/Trio, and have them quietly put people over, and occasionally win.

Wrestling companies do need talent like this, after all. Not everyone gets to be a world champion, not everyone should be. Sky is one of those guys that needs to find a quiet spot and stay there.

His best work was likely with Kazarian when AEW just started. The Dan Lambert stuff was pretty trash tbh. I wouldn't be opposed to Kazarian, Sky+ having a trio title run down the line. But that should be this dudes ceiling.

I don't want to sound like a big meanie, and I talk myself out of it the more I go, sorry. I went from saying he is a jobber and is boring to making him a champion. I suck ass.

#30 ·
I think he is a very good technical in-ring wrestler but he is aggressively bland. That being said, I would rather see him than Tony Nese, who has the same attributes. At least Scorp is an AEW OG who was on All-In, Double or Nothing 2019 and Dynamite #1

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.