Wrestling Forum banner

Scorpio Sky Update

2523 31
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,651 Posts
I would put SCU back together and at the very least give them a Trios run at some point.
That would be a good use of everyone. I would prefer SCU come close but always lose their title shots. They should go to ROH for at least a little while. The two promotions can do periodic trades with SCU coming back to AEW to finish their careers.

· Registered
337 Posts
Decent hand but as others have said, fairly boring. Use him as a jobber to the stars, but outside of that I don't want to see him having tons of screen time again Yawn.

Or, put him in a tag team/Trio, and have them quietly put people over, and occasionally win.

Wrestling companies do need talent like this, after all. Not everyone gets to be a world champion, not everyone should be. Sky is one of those guys that needs to find a quiet spot and stay there.

His best work was likely with Kazarian when AEW just started. The Dan Lambert stuff was pretty trash tbh. I wouldn't be opposed to Kazarian, Sky+ having a trio title run down the line. But that should be this dudes ceiling.

I don't want to sound like a big meanie, and I talk myself out of it the more I go, sorry. I went from saying he is a jobber and is boring to making him a champion. I suck ass.

· Registered
3,436 Posts
I feel really bad for being genuine with this cause the jokes about it are so mean spirited but I genuinely forgot he was even gone.

He should still stick around as an enhancement talent he isn't completely useless as those are actually really important. But he simply doesn't have enough to him to be anywhere above that and every attempt AEW has made to push him has proved it.

· Registered
2,097 Posts
Sky isn’t top tier, but he’s solid. He has a background in this company, he’s a former champion (tag/TNT), and I’d rather see him in tournaments or just on TV than guys like Rush/Bandido or random ROH guys (or even a Daniel Garcia or Wheeler Yuta).

I think it’s a shame that guys just get thrown to the wayside and struggle to get on TV.

· Registered
*coin drop*
15,171 Posts
I would put SCU back together and at the very least give them a Trios run at some point.
Kaz/Scorpio could function as a lower to midcard team again or a return to ROH if they get their deal. The history is there of them being founding tag champs. Before that, they'd have to address Scorpio betraying Frankie last year. Maybe Daniels could be the one who brings them together again.

Kaz just had an incredible match against Josh Alexander for the IMPACT World Title that would have been a top four match at Full Gear.

Sky isn’t top tier, but he’s solid. He has a background in this company, he’s a former champion (tag/TNT), and I’d rather see him in tournaments or just on TV than guys like Rush/Bandido or random ROH guys (or even a Daniel Garcia or Wheeler Yuta).

I think it’s a shame that guys just get thrown to the wayside and struggle to get on TV.
Tbf, they've tried time and time again to make Scorpio Sky a big deal and the fans have not taken to it. His role going forward should be firmly on the undercard, similar to how Kaz has been used.

Bandido and Rush get more heat already than Scorpio has tended to.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts