Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,457 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fury as school girls are forced to lift up their tops by teachers to prove they hadn't hidden mobile phones in their bras

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-hidden-mobile-phones-bras.html#ixzz1w8W6RSGl

Schoolgirls were ordered to lift up their tops by teachers to prove they were not carrying mobile phones in their bras.

The school insisted they were merely trying to enforce their no phones rule after a scanner revealed someone was carrying one.

But parents of pupils at Tomlinscote School, Frimley, Surrey, have reacted with fury.

One father said his daughter felt 'embarrassed and violated' by the ordeal, the Sunday Express reported.

To enforce the no-phones rule teachers have been using a ‘wand’ metal detector to scan their students.

However, it is thought that the wires in one of the girls' bras had set it off.

A group of six Year 8 students set off the alarm and was taken to a PE changing room where they were forced to lift their tops in front of two female staff.

Parents were outraged when their children came home upset and told them of their ordeal.

One unnamed father said that he did ‘fully support’ the phone-ban but that the strip search was a step too far.

‘My daughter felt embarrassed and violated for having to expose herself in front of other girls and teachers.’

The school, which coincidentally is in Education Secretary Michael Gove’s constituency, has apologised to the students and their parents.

In a letter of apology sent out to parents head teacher Zoe Johnson-Walker called it a ‘screening’ rather than ‘search’ and stressed that precautions, such as no physical contact and ensuring no male staff was involved, had been taken ‘with the aim of being considerate of the individual.’

The search was carried out after it had been reported that girls were smuggling in phones in their bras but it seems the alarm was most likely triggered by the metal wiring in the young girls' bras and not smuggled mobile phones.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
What could a 12-13 year old girl possibly do with a cell phone anyway?

That said, there are much better ways to handle this situation that don't involve undermining basic rights.

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts
Seriously? This reminds of my idiot school thinking that it was a good idea to have every student stand in two separate lines outside while they scanned us one by one. So, you have 750-850 kids in two separate lines getting scanned one by one in the freaking humid ass August weather. Thankfully, they stopped when class started an hour late. Thank god I graduated.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
The teachers took it too far. Really think most teachers in schools these days are too overwhelmed by their students and make some monumentally stupid decisions. Stories like these come out every other week it seems.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
How would smashing everything around you at the school with a baseball bat help?

I can see why cellphones in the hands of students would be a problem. Don't condone the school's actions. It should really be the responsibility of parents to make sure their kids aren't taking their phones with them to school. A better solution than having kids strip searched by possible pedos.

·
Rolex Bomb Defuser
410 Posts
vandalism with a weapon is not the same as a strip search. On what planet is that an eye for an eye?
Let's be real. If some school had your daughter/sister/niece take her top off to "check" for a cellphone you'd be pretty fucking pissed about it.

The last person that messed with a woman in my family ended up paralyzed.

·
Banned
19,407 Posts
Let's be real. If some school had your daughter/sister/niece take her top off to "check" for a cellphone you'd be pretty fucking pissed about it.

The last person that messed with a woman in my family ended up paralyzed.
Yes but i wouldn't smash up a school. As i said before, grow up mate. I assume you're an adult, at the very least act lke it.

·
Rolex Bomb Defuser
410 Posts
Yes but i wouldn't smash up a school. As i said before, grow up mate. I assume you're an adult, at the very least act lke it.
Everyone is different. To you, violence is a sign of immaturity. To me, not utilizing violence when concerning women in the family is a sign of weaknesses.

I'm smart and keep my way, so I don't try and start up confrontations. But when concerning the women in my family, I use violence. That's the kind of person I am.

If you disagree, fine. We were born into different cultures, therefore it's expected for it to be that way.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.