Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 275 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could be fun right?

Give a TRUTHFUL WWE-related opinion of your own that other users are likely to find disagreeable/controversial.

-The Shawn Michaels/Razor Ramon Ladder Match at Summerslam, while surely groundbreaking for it's time, is one of the most vastly overrated matches in wrestling history.

-The Miz deserves his current title reign far more than Morrison would a hypothetical one.

-John Cena is the best all-round performer the WWE have had in years.

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
-Undertaker hasn't been interesting since his American Badass gimmick.

-I'll smash Vickie Guerrero with the quickness.

-I hope Beniot is burning in hell for eternity.

·
Registered
797 Posts
John Cena or Alberto Del Rio should arguably be the ones to end The Undertaker's Wrestlemania streak.

Dolph Ziggler deserves a well lengthy title reign that doesn't fail as much as Swagger's title reign.

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Any match involving CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison or Chris Jericho is always a DUD.

Also, Otunga is the best worker in the company.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Any match involving CM Punk, Daniel Bryan, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison or Chris Jericho is always a DUD.

Also, Otunga is the best worker in the company.
You can't honestly believe that?

Way to get caught up in my own game. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
560 Posts
Everyone needs to stop saying that undersized technical wrestlers need to get pushed. Wrestling did not become popular due to well worked matches with regular sized guys, and it never will.

The attitude era was based off 5 guys @ most at a given time, and hot girls. everything else going on was irrelevant

The Miz is 10x more entertaining then all these indy wrestler everyone nuthugs

If TNA moved to actual arenas where fans cared I would consider it a good wrestling show.

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
The CM Punk/Cena feud was awful and CM Punk has only himself to blame for being shafted out of the main event of WM.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
Christian sucks and should never touch the World Title, Daniel Bryan is a vanilla midget, Chris Jericho is average, and CM Punk is an untalented overrated hack.

Consequently, I LOVE all four of those guys.

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts
Christian will never EVER be a World Heavyweight Champion in any shape or form as long as Vince has a ounce of breath in his entire body. He will rather have TNA destroy him in ratings week after week before letting Christian ever holding a World title.

·
Registered
9,346 Posts
Undertaker is beyond overrated; his peak was almost 15 years ago and even at his best he was never better than average. His refusal to retire does not make him a legend; it makes him a glory hound.

Reactions: SPCDRI

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,155 Posts
Christian really is not the greatest human being to exist this side of Hugh Hefner, Thomas Jefferson, Albert Einstein, Marcus Tullius Cicero and Aristotle.

Though John Cena's character is stale, it is not at stale as Steve Austin became by spring 2002 (well after he turned face following his '01 heel run). You may not like it as much, it may not be as intrinsically entertaining, but his character fits into today's product like a perfect puzzle piece; by that point, Austin seemed like a ruler without a proper kingdom. WWE was already beginning to shift into the Brand Extension and "Ruthless Aggression" Era, and Austin's character, though still hotly popular, felt vaguely disconnected from the changing of the guard. He was still a Massive Mega-Star, but artistically-speaking, his character had become quite drained of its natural vitality by this point in time.

Finish of Summerslam 2010 notwithstanding, SuperCena isn't as "super"/indestructible as he once was. I'd say the turning point was his return from injury in 2008 and subsequent losing streak of sorts.

Chris Jericho is a phenomenal worker in nearly all aspects, but he's among the worst in one area and that is punching. Watch Arn Anderson, Terry Funk, Mick Foley and even Triple H tapes, Chris!

As a singles worker, Shelton Benjamin had astounding athleticism, and little else.

Hornswoggle has his uses, there I said it. They don't include what WWE did with him at The Royal Rumble (at least for not as long as they did), but I understand why he's employed.

Vulgarity and "darkness" do not necessarily = good. Good = good. Bad = bad. The Attitude Era had some elements to it that could have, under scrutiny, been the groundwork for an acclaimed HBO series, and it also had a whole lot of elements to it that were insipid and, humorously, genuinely childish/immature/in simple poor taste.

Some guys are actually better off as faces.

Being popular with children should not be a mortal sin, even on the Internet.

Tyler Reks is kind of a decent worker.

Despite everything he's done for WWE, it will be a net positive for the company when Undertaker finally retires.

·
Registered
7,581 Posts
That the feud between Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock in 2001 was the most overrated feud of all time and was nowhere near as good from a storylinewise perspective as their feuds in 1999 and 2003 were although the match at WrestleMania 17 was the best of all of the matches they ever had. I watched Austin/Rock going into WrestleMania 17 a month or so ago and realised that the booking in the build up to the match was lazy and only got by because of who it was involved in the feud and their star power rather than the feud being anywhere near as good as it is made out to be by people that call that part of their long term rivalry the best part and the greatest of all time.

1 - 20 of 275 Posts