Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welcome back everybody and I hope you all had a great weekend. Welcome to part 4 of "Say Some Nice Things About", where we say some positive things about a certain topic, no matter how positive or negative the topic may be!

Anyway, for today's topic, let's say some nice things about...a man who just turned 46 today and is known as "the world's strongest man", Mark Henry!

I'll start, after all of the years of being either irrelevant or saddled in terrible storylines throughout the various eras of wrestling, he managed to completely reinvent himself with the Hall of Pain gimmick which was fun while it lasted. Also, just like Undertaker, Kane, and Big Show, he is still incredibly loyal to WWE, still with them after almost two decades, and is always there whenever WWE needs him.

Your turn. Say some nice things about Mark Henry!

Oh and don't forget that since tomorrow is part 5, I'm going to do a non-wrestling topic tomorrow! Hope you enjoy it!

·
You need to be yourself, you can't be no-one else.
7,174 Posts
his f5 to the floor was proper boss.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Mark Henry is fucking awesome.

The WWE not making a "ya'll a bunch of puppets" shirt for Mizzark is the biggest fucking travesty in wrestling history.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Sexual Chocolate is probably the best nickname I've heard for a wrestler.

·
Registered
10,508 Posts
Nation/Sexual Chocolate Mark Henry will always be my favourite gimmick/period of his, not that I didn't like his Hall Of Pain gimmick/period.

I loved his storyline with Chyna and Sexual Chocolate always made me laugh especially his theme :lol. What makes me appreciate that period of his more though is that Henry on Jericho's podcast talked about how the locker room in late 97 was like prison, you had all these different cliques backstage and some tried ribbing Rock by putting shit in his food and they wanted to jump Rock but Henry always had Rock's back and looked out for him from getting killed by these guys, so I really loved Henry's loyalty to The Rock both off-screen and on-screen in The Nation.

:banderas

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
From Reddit:
Today I Learned that Mark Henry had a hand in the signings of Braun Strowman, Rich Swann and Apollo Crews. He also had a big role in helping Neville develop his current heel persona.

Henry starts to talk about transitioning into a more behind the scenes role

Mark Henry said he saw Apollo Crews perform in Japan once and he directly called Vince McMahon to tell him that he needed to have Crews in his company and Vince gave him the green light to sign him.

Henry also said that he was a big supporter of Neville and he told Vince when Neville on his "Mighty Mouse" gimmick that he was a big believer in Neville and his ability. He also told Neville that he thought he was one of the toughest guys in the locker room and he needed to be mean and tell the office that he was pisswd off in his current role because "If you're mean you win." Now Neville's great as a heel.

Henry said that Neville even cried and told Henry thank you after his match at Wrestlemania.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/6gnfvg/til_that_mark_henry_had_a_hand_in_the_signings_of/

·
Registered
7,235 Posts
He's very strong. He's always been an underrated promo. Always been a useful litmus test as to whether a person's finisher was appropriate. "lf you can do it to Mark Henry..."

·
The Irish Rapist
3,392 Posts
He is really strong. He once had the powerlifting world record and won the Arnold Classic in 2002. He also competed in the olympics in weightlifting.

On wrestling he was always a solid heel. Really enjoyed his matches with CM Punk in 2012 and he could work the mic. It's a shame I only saw value in him in his final years.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts