Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's get this going! Let's make it known. We want the Nation of Domination! We want it now! Evolution won't be around for that long.

I have a story to tell.

Kofi Kingston is talking to HHH and Stephanie backstage to see if he can be apart of the WWE title tournament. They say he isnt a A+ guy. They walk away and left him in total dis belief. But standing in the background was Mark Henry, who over heard what he just said. He pulls Kofi Kingston aside and they talk in private.

David Otunga has just been demoted to Commentary on Smackdown. He reads the letter out loud in front of Titus O'Neil and Big E Langston. They are all appalled by this and demand answers. They storm over to the Smackdown GM and ask for explanations. They get ignored while he is on the phone.

R-Truth and Xavier Woods are again, wrestling Rusev. Lana is now walkign about with a Communist flag and waving it around. Rusev wins the match easily, and both Woods and Truth grab the mic and demand an explanation to jobbing to this racist gimmick. Their mic gets cut off and security excorts them out of the ring.

A Month gos by, and no one has seen any of these wrestlers. Night of Champions PPV was completed,and HHH decides the very next night on Raw to have a celebration of all champions. And he invited the entire WWE roster out to celebrate.

WWE champion Randy Orton, World Heavyweight Champion Roman Reigns, Tag Team champions Luke Harper and Rowan, United States Champion Sheamus, WWE divas Champion Paige and Intercontinental Champion Cesaro

With everyone out there and celebrating. Teh lights go black. One spotlight appears, and it's Alicia Fox wearing all black, with a black glove. Head down and her fist in the air. Two more spotlights and Titus O'Neil and Kofi Kingston going the same thing. And the lights come back on, and it's every single black wrestler posing. With the biggest pop in WWE history, the superstars outside the ring, slowly back away and exit through the crowd. HHH is screaming on the mic, trying to figure out what's going on. He wanrs them if they try anything, they will all be fired.

John Cena and the Uso's were remaining. Jimmy Uso shocked that his wife is standing along side everyone else.

Paiger jumps down and screams at Alicia fox, telling her to bring it on. Cena trying to hold her back. Reigns and Orton step down beside her, ready for a fight. Kofi Kingston and Mark Henry step forward. Cena is still playing peace keeper. Uso's run up to the black wrestlers to try and calm them down. Now all fo the champions are ready for a fight, and all of the black wrestlers remains standing with their fist in the air. Alicia fox darts down the ramp, followed by everyone else. John Cena is forced to defend himself as Mark Henry attacks him

WAR!!!

·
The Man
25,722 Posts
I think if a WWE crowd sees that "debut" they wouldn't get a huge pop they get heel heat. Black wrestlers all dressed in black :drake1

Sounds interesting though, a shame everyone in the group would be jobbers.

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
I have a dream... That this storyline will come true and takes place in Brooklyn were Cena will be a heel and will bury the black wrestlers, than Brooklyn will riot

BLACK POWER!!!

·
I clearly felt the tap
4,487 Posts
In the OP's scenario, it seems like it would be an instant heel turn for every black wrestler on the roster. I wouldn't give a damn what they showed, but people in this day and age would scream "racist" and try to censor it, even though if the white wrestlers all turned heel they probably wouldn't see a problem with it.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
People on the internet have been recycling the exact same "all the pissed off black guys on the roster form a stable and call it the Nation of Domination because creativity is dead" storyline suggestion for the last decade.

All possible incarnations of a Nation of Domination or otherwise Black Panther/Nation of Islam themed stable in 2014 on a PG program are all of the following things:

1. A surefire way to send advertisers - the lifeblood of the company - running for the doors screaming.

2. Guaranteed to bring the company more negative publicity than it can possibly handle, because if you haven't noticed we presently live in a society where everyone is perpetually offended by everything (unless it's stereotyping white conservatives, which is why the Real Americans gimmick is okay).

3. Completely out of character for the current product.

4. A lazy ripoff that just bastardizes the greatness of the original, because c'mon, which of these stooges could possibly hold a candle to Faarooq? That man was a BOSS.

5. Never going to happen.

·
Registered
21 Posts
People on the internet have been recycling the exact same "all the pissed off black guys on the roster form a stable and call it the Nation of Domination because creativity is dead" storyline suggestion for the last decade.

All possible incarnations of a Nation of Domination or otherwise Black Panther/Nation of Islam themed stable in 2014 on a PG program are all of the following things:

1. A surefire way to send advertisers - the lifeblood of the company - running for the doors screaming.

2. Guaranteed to bring the company more negative publicity than it can possibly handle, because if you haven't noticed we presently live in a society where everyone is perpetually offended by everything (unless it's stereotyping white conservatives, which is why the Real Americans gimmick is okay).

3. Completely out of character for the current product.

4. A lazy ripoff that just bastardizes the greatness of the original, because c'mon, which of these stooges could possibly hold a candle to Faarooq? That man was a BOSS.

5. Never going to happen.
Great post

·
Banned
3,721 Posts
It's not WWE's fault all of their black wrestlers are mediocre.
Whether all of the WWE's black wresters are mediocre is a moot point. However, it seems to me that any lack of black wrestlers in the WWE is more a matter of black athletes going into sports other than wrestling, rather than racism on the part of Vince, Jr and the company.

A definite parallel can be drawn between major league baseball and pro-wrestling in this regard. Back in my day in the 1950s and 1960s black kids played baseball as much as white kids and major league baseball was filled with black players of various levels of talent.

Nowadays black kids are not going out for baseball like they did after Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier. When Tori Hunter was still here with the Twins he frequently commented on this and even donated his own money for programs to encourage black youth to play baseball. Despite efforts such as Hunter's, the percentage of black players in major league basebal had shrunk to around 8% on opening day of 2013. Back in my day I would guess that black players made up close to 20% of the major league rosters.

I believe that pro-wrestling is suffering from a similar phenomenon. The difference being that while pro-wrestling was always LESS racist and more open to blacks than the rest of American society, fewer blacks came out for the sport than for baseball. Don't forget, baseball was always popular among the U.S. black population and the "Negro Leagues" thrived when major league baseball was segregated. So, there was a huge pool of talent when Robinson finally broke the color barrier.

The lack of interest of black athletes in pro-wrestling combined with the relatively small number of black fans has created the situation that we have today in the WWE. As I wrote in a previous post, I can't read Vince, Jr.'s mind. However, it's my guess that if there is money to be made with a black champion and pushing black wrestlers he would be the first one out there leading the cheers.

The color Vince, Jr. loves most is GREEN!

- Mike

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
Whether all of the WWE's black wresters are mediocre is a moot point. However, it seems to me that any lack of black wrestlers in the WWE is more a matter of black athletes going into sports other than wrestling, rather than racism on the part of Vince, Jr and the company.

A definite parallel can be drawn between major league baseball and pro-wrestling in this regard. Back in my day in the 1950s and 1960s black kids played baseball as much as white kids and major league baseball was filled with black players of various levels of talent.

Nowadays black kids are not going out for baseball like they did after Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier. When Tori Hunter was still here with the Twins he frequently commented on this and even donated his own money for programs to encourage black youth to play baseball. Despite efforts such as Hunter's, the percentage of black players in major league basebal had shrunk to around 8% on opening day of 2013. Back in my day I would guess that black players made up close to 20% of the major league rosters.

I believe that pro-wrestling is suffering from a similar phenomenon. The difference being that while pro-wrestling was always LESS racist and more open to blacks than the rest of American society, fewer blacks came out for the sport than for baseball. Don't forget, baseball was always popular among the U.S. black population and the "Negro Leagues" thrived when major league baseball was segregated. So, there was a huge pool of talent when Robinson finally broke the color barrier.

The lack of interest of black athletes in pro-wrestling combined with the relatively small number of black fans has created the situation that we have today in the WWE. As I wrote in a previous post, I can't read Vince, Jr.'s mind. However, it's my guess that if there is money to be made with a black champion and pushing black wrestlers he would be the first one out there leading the cheers.

The color Vince, Jr. loves most is GREEN!

- Mike
These are all great points. Well stated.

That being said, since you mention baseball specifically, I'm always fascinated that there's this constant dialogue about how big of a supposed problem those numbers are. Well, if black kids don't want to play baseball, what's the big deal? They aren't being shut out; they're willfully choosing not to pursue it, instead focusing on other sports that they enjoy more. This obviously bothers people like Torii Hunter, and trying to address it is his prerogative, but I for one just don't understand why it's considered a "problem." I mean, what percentage of the NBA is black? 80%? 90%? There's no outcry over the lack of white guys in the NBA. But that's another topic entirely.

You are right that Vince's main concern is money, and as a businessman I don't figure one can fault him for it. So then I guess the big question is: Is there a reason to think having a black champion would boost business for any one reason or the other? Personally, I'm not sure that it would...and I actually think that's a good thing. A black man as champion in our society today wouldn't be seen as some kind of "novelty" or amazing achievement like it was when Ron Simmons won the WCW Title...people today just don't see race as much as they used to, and obviously that's a good thing. But it bothers the hell out of people who do still see race. And therein lies the divide.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I'm all for a new NoD since more stables = best for business. Apparently HHH thinks this way too and props to him for supporting it since all the stable wars we've had so far were excellent

Stables are also formed to help catapult someone after they break apart like CM Punk or The Rock or Ron Simmons

That said, it's make it or break it in this situation. If they form the new NoD and book them badly like Cena burying the Nexus, the media will think it's racist. The booking must be serious no-BS for them to be taken seriously.

I also don't think every black wrestler has to join since I have no idea how JTG fits into all of this

Mark Henry - leader
Big E - the future
Titus - the enforcer
Kofi - midcard
Xavier Woods - tag team
R-Truth - tag team
Otunga - manager

Henry, Truth and Titus can all carry the mic work in the stable

·
Registered
434 Posts
Why is every other cunt on this forum obsessed with racial/nationalist based stables. Fucking hell.

Edit- I just read the whole of OP. haha, i can't tell if its meant to be parody or not of aforementioned threads and their fantasy booking.

·
Registered
5,291 Posts
.....You know what? All Asian wrestlers that have worked for Vince McMahon have seen Black wrestlers and been like "damn they got it good!"

If anybody needs to feel aggrieved it's the Japanese wrestlers, when was the last time you saw Tajiri, Kenzo Suzuki, Taka Michinoku, Yoshi Tatsu etc etc walk around with a WWE title or a spot on a main event?....oh that's right...NEVER.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Why is every other cunt on this forum obsessed with racial/nationalist based stables. Fucking hell.

Edit- I just read the whole of OP. haha, i can't tell if its meant to be parody or not of aforementioned threads and their fantasy booking.

Maybe because most fantasy stables include talents who would've never got much TV time other than being in a stable with a serious storyline? :draper2

I know I'd like to replace Kofi's stale ass face gimmick if he even has one these days into something more intense

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
If they had the talent for it a Japanese stable could really work well. It wouldn't have racist undertones at quite the same level as a Black stable, and it would make more sense. They really have been keeping Japanese wrestlers out. Japan has a major wrestling industry. Why have we not seen more in World Wrestling Entertainment?

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
My only concern about a new Nation of Domination is the mainstream media crawling up WWE's ass. I mean, if the heat gets to be too much for WWE, they might drop the angle.

And, we'll have to deal with that Nancy Grace bitch again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.