Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is not a parody, this is real.

Here’s the logline for the revival: When California governor Zack Morris gets into hot water for closing too many low-income high schools, he proposes they send the affected students to the highest performing schools in the state – including Bayside High. The influx of new students gives the over privileged Bayside kids a much needed and hilarious dose of reality.

Totah will play the role of Lexi, who is described as a beautiful, sharp-tongued cheerleader and the most popular girl at Bayside High, who is both admired and feared by her fellow students.
You see if the show was just a normal story about kids in high school going to parties and getting into comedic situations... people might mistake the creators for being racist, transphobic heathens. It's very important you all know they didn't vote for Drumph!

I wish Marty and Doc would just get the hell on with it already and stop altering the timelines. This is getting so absurd... past the point of satire even. :LOL:

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Look I would never accuse the original SBTB of being an accurate true to life depiction of high school, but centering the show around a trans lead and then depicting her as the most popular "girl" in her high school is just pure delusion.

Like are all the boys and girls at Bayside gonna be lining up out the door to ask her to prom too?

·
Registered
5,646 Posts
Seriously? Why not just make this it's own thing with it's own legacy to start instead of coming in as a culture vulture a fucking with shows from 35 years ago?!

This wrong.
Comes across like they do it intentionally to rub it in peoples faces tbh.

"Haha bigots, look what happened to that show you used to like!"

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Who cares? It's saved by the freakin' bell. Sounds like a good idea to me. Touch on the issues of today, aint nothing wrong with that.
Uh.. exactly. It was a carefree sitcom about high school kids, which is precisely why it should avoid politics.

And nowhere on planet earth is there a high school where the most popular kid in school is a trans.

·
Registered
4,678 Posts
Uh.. exactly. It was a carefree sitcom about high school kids, which is precisely why it should avoid politics.

And nowhere on planet earth is there a high school where the most popular kid in school is a trans.
what's political about kids coming to terms about their sexuality? And idk what that 2nd point means. I don't know any high school where they sing and dance, yet we have high school musical. I don't know many universes where someone can freeze time and talk to the camera...yet we have, ya know, Saved by the bell.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Look I would never accuse the original SBTB of being an accurate true to life depiction of high school, but centering the show around a trans lead and then depicting her as the most popular "girl" in her high school is just pure delusion.

Like are all the boys and girls at Bayside gonna be lining up out the door to ask her to prom too?
The show is set at a rich California HS in present day. It's not entirely impossible that in 2019-2020 at a rich HS a bunch of people with Liberal Wineset parent's would all happily vote a bused in Tran's Girl Homecoming Queen to show how woke and supportive they are. And even if a straight dude is not attracted to a Transgirl it's plausable he would go on a date with her for social capital to increase his chances with Cis women.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
what's political about kids coming to terms about their sexuality? And idk what that 2nd point means. I don't know any high school where they sing and dance, yet we have high school musical. I don't know many universes where someone can freeze time and talk to the camera...yet we have, ya know, Saved by the bell.
The public is far too divided when it comes to the issue of trans people.

The moment you take a stand on a divisive subject, that's you making things political. Regardless of where you stand.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The show is set at a rich California HS in present day. It's not entirely impossible that in 2019-2020 at a rich HS a bunch of people with Liberal Wineset parent's would all happily vote a bused in Tran's Girl Homecoming Queen to show how woke and supportive they are. And even if a straight dude is not attracted to a Transgirl it's plausable he would go on a date with her for social capital to increase his chances with Cis women.
Ugly pink haired fatsos maybe... but not most women.

·
Registered
22,868 Posts
I think the fact that a bunch of non-rich people being allowed into a rich kids school without incident is possible even more unrealistic

1 - 20 of 43 Posts