Wrestling Forum banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

· THE COLOR RED
6,897 Posts
Saraya and Sasha teaming up is hilarious. It's like Chip and I teaming up.

But I suppose it would be a way to get the Brit hayter stuff started. Do the tag. Do a double turn
The only difference between Sasha and Saraya teaming up and you and Chip teaming up is Chip never makes a come back 5 years later from his career ending injury 🤣

· Registered
27,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I definitely get what you're saying. I just don't know how NJPW runs show. So idk if they would do the impromptu match set up like with Austin.
I don't know who Sasha wrestles then. Because it won't be KAIRI unless its an impromptu match on Night 2. KAIRI already has a challenger set with Tam Nakano.
Kenny faced Jericho after 1 video promo

NJPW is very flexible with booking when there is money potential

especially with belts they care less about - they might just give it to Sasha on night 1 to keep for a year

· Registered
2,198 Posts
Seems Sasha, just like Kenny and FTR, has got some of that good old Tokyo Dome fever.

WK is shaping up to be one hell of a show.

• Love
Reactions: DammitChrist

· Registered
8,969 Posts
Sasha also seems to have these outside projects that she wants to do these days as well.
Wherever she ends up going (if she goes anywhere) it might depend on how willing they will be to let her keep doing this other stuff?

· Custom User Title
7,397 Posts
Kenny faced Jericho after 1 video promo

NJPW is very flexible with booking when there is money potential

especially with belts they care less about - they might just give it to Sasha on night 1 to keep for a year
I doubt Sasha is going to be the one to dethrone KAIRI, especially after only a two month run. The title will be regularly defended on NJPW shows both in Japan and America. So unless Sasha wants to travel out to Japan almost weekly, she isn't getting the title.

Also worth noting that KAIRI has pretty much outright said that she wants to defend the title in WWE, against Asuka and Iyo in particular. And there will be a WWE presence on the WK card with Anderson and Gallows being there. And I wouldn't be shocked if AJ is in their corner, or if Finn shows up as well.

· Registered
27,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I doubt Sasha is going to be the one to dethrone KAIRI, especially after only a two month run. The title will be regularly defended on NJPW shows both in Japan and America. So unless Sasha wants to travel out to Japan almost weekly, she isn't getting the title.

Also worth noting that KAIRI has pretty much outright said that she wants to defend the title in WWE, against Asuka and Iyo in particular. And there will be a WWE presence on the WK card with Anderson and Gallows being there. And I wouldn't be shocked if AJ is in their corner, or if Finn shows up as well.
dude, wwe won’t be forming a partnership of any kind with njpw any time soon

those are pipe-dreams

· Custom User Title
7,397 Posts
dude, wwe won’t be forming a partnership of any kind with njpw any time soon

those are pipe-dreams
lol

You do realize that Gallows and Anderson are working NJPW dates this month, right? Also they got permission to work WK as well. And Shinsuke is working with NOAH, who is real close with NJPW as well (NOAH and NJPW have a joint show at the end of January). Nick Khan has been pretty explicit in interviews, outright saying that if a partnership would benefit WWE in some form, they would be open to it. You aren't going to see them partnering with AEW because they are the #1 rival to WWE in its primary market.

And KAIRI has literally no reason to lie about her relationship with WWE, with her outright saying that Nick, Stephanie, and Triple H would have no problem working with her again.

· Registered
27,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
lol

You do realize that Gallows and Anderson are working NJPW dates this month, right? Also they got permission to work WK as well. And Shinsuke is working with NOAH, who is real close with NJPW as well (NOAH and NJPW have a joint show at the end of January). Nick Khan has been pretty explicit in interviews, outright saying that if a partnership would benefit WWE in some form, they would be open to it. You aren't going to see them partnering with AEW because they are the #1 rival to WWE in its primary market.

And KAIRI has literally no reason to lie about her relationship with WWE, with her outright saying that Nick, Stephanie, and Triple H would have no problem working with her again.
gallows and anderson are filling their commitments from before their signing - its not uncommon

if you think njpw has forgotten nxt japan and wwe’s attempts to buy several japanese promotions, then i dunno what to tell you

· CEO
Rhodina
3,825 Posts
First, where can I watch this?

Second, I would absolutely love it if she could win the belt and defend it at WrestleMania against Iyo Shirai. Or even if KAIRI keeps it, she can return to WWE to defend it in a triple threat against Sasha and Io at Mania.

As for Sasha going to AEW, I was first not really for it but after they signed Toni Storm and she elevated the division, Sasha could take it to the next level. They would have to set Mid Baker aside, though. No interest in her cutting her typical promo and then trying to be a babyface to split the crowd (good luck with that). They can also set Saraya aside as that was predictably a failed signing. Sasha could do great against Storm and Hayter and also elevate some other girls.

21 - 40 of 104 Posts