Wrestling Forum banner

241 - 260 of 346 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't see Becky/Nattie because it involves Becky and Natalya? :lol

Yeah, as if Sasha pulled anything more than *** since her FCA match with Charlotte 3 years ago..
She has had 8 *** or higher matches from Meltzer since that time and that is without getting basically any featured matches. She has only had one singles PPV match in the past two years against Ronda Rousey which was rated *** 3/4, so you are just full of shit.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,676 Posts
She has had 8 *** or higher matches from Meltzer since that time and that is without getting basically any featured matches. She has only had one singles PPV match in the past two years against Ronda Rousey which was rated *** 3/4, so you are just full of shit.
Yeah only 1 title match since 2017 that's insane. and it was a great match to no one's surprise. she even delivered great at that nothing tag match at evolution.

And She STILL has the second most 4 star matches for the women after Charlotte. and she hasn't been relevant in years if that's not talent I don't know what is.

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
My bad I Should have precised, single matches. How many since then? and please Don't give me Meltzer BS. Give me your perception/ general reviews from different sites AND Meltzer if you want. I have Asuka vs Sasha from RAW as well close to ***1/4-***1/2 and you don't see it rated on Meltzer's retarded system.

how many of those 8 matches were single matches dude? I'm guessing besides the Ronda match, there's probably the first Alexa match in there.

Sasha vs Ronda was at least 4 stars and it was this year.

And that was Sasha's only 1-1 title match since 2017. give her half the chances Becky has got this past year and she would be having 4 star matches left and right.
:lmao I love this argument and it feels very nostalgic.

But No, I will not give you this to be honest. I forgot about Ronda/Sasha though, yeah that was a great match, ***3/4-****. I thought Asuka/Becky was slightly better, most wrestling review sites also did (by a small margin), but it's not worth it to be debating match qualities if the difference is that small cause we'll never agree.

Give Sasha half the opportunities Becky got? As if Becky didn't deliver?

Like Becky vs Charlotte LWS which was almost 5 stars? Asuka vs Charlotte vs Becky which was just as good? Asuka vs Becky Rumble which was another 4 star match?

and How about THOSE OPPORTUNITIES Becky got to have great matches after that time period? like 2 month where she had to walk around with crutches? yeah great chances right? how about the fact she had to carry Lacey Evans in 3 PPV matches in a row... Do you really believe Sasha was gona get **** against Lacey? are you serious? like Charlotte did? Becky did against Lacey much better than what Charlotte or Asuka did against Carmella a year prior.

Becky vs Natalya was also a strong ***3/4 caliber match, many calling it the best of Nattie's career, and it was definitely her best one on the main roster (her only other 2 matches I would ever watch again are vs Charlotte in NXT and vs Del Rey in SHIMMER).

Sasha and Alicia Fox had actually a feud in 2017 and then went 10+min on a Pre-show PPV that was a ** "borefest".

The fact is some people like to pretend that Becky is the weak one in the 4 HW is a false narrative when at one point all people could say "Becky can only wrestle but doesn't have a character".. what a change of perspective.. now it's like the other 3 are 8+ while Becky is like a 6.. when they are all VERY CLEARLY in the same league as each other.

Sasha's best matches are all still in NXT where they practice the matches a lot. I used to wish for Becky to have stayed in NXT and gotten the many 1 on 1 big match TO matches like the other 3 (She had 1 match compared to at least 4+ for the others) did which gave them the perception to be better for the longest time. Not anymore of course since she started slapping heads last year and taking the opportunities and nailing them.

·
3,676 Posts
My bad I Should have precised, single matches. How many since then? and please Don't give me Meltzer BS. Give me your perception/ general reviews from different sites AND Meltzer if you want. I have Asuka vs Sasha from RAW as well close to ***1/4-***1/2 and you don't see it rated on Meltzer's retarded system.

how many of those 8 matches were single matches dude? I'm guessing besides the Ronda match, there's probably the first Alexa match in there.

:lmao I love this argument and it feels very nostalgic.

But No, I will not give you this to be honest. I forgot about Ronda/Sasha though, yeah that was a great match, ***3/4-****. I thought Asuka/Becky was slightly better, most wrestling review sites also did (by a small margin), but it's not worth it to be debating match qualities if the difference is that small cause we'll never agree.

Give Sasha half the opportunities Becky got? As if Becky didn't deliver?

Like Becky vs Charlotte LWS which was almost 5 stars? Asuka vs Charlotte vs Becky which was just as good? Asuka vs Becky Rumble which was another 4 star match?

and How about THOSE OPPORTUNITIES Becky got to have great matches after that time period? like 2 month where she had to walk around with crutches? yeah great chances right? how about the fact she had to carry Lacey Evans in 3 PPV matches in a row... Do you really believe Sasha was gona get **** against Lacey? are you serious? like Charlotte did? Becky did against Lacey much better than what Charlotte or Asuka did against Carmella a year prior.

Becky vs Natalya was also a strong ***3/4 caliber match, many calling it the best of Nattie's career, and it was definitely her best one on the main roster (her only other 2 matches I would ever watch again are vs Charlotte in NXT and vs Del Rey in SHIMMER).

Sasha and Alicia Fox had actually a feud in 2017 and then went 10+min on a Pre-show PPV that was a ** "borefest".
I never said Becky didn't have great matches. I just said Sasha didn't have A SINGLE title match from 2017 till RR 2019 and she had a great match you saying she didn't have a great match since 2016 was not only false but it didn't take into considertion how she didn't have ANY opportunities to do so.

Sasha even had really good matches with Nia if you want to bring up non title feud.

I don't think Sasha would have a 4 star match with Lacey but give her someone like Natalya and I'm sure she can have an even better match then Becky. she's been given so little chances yet always brings it so I have no reason to doubt it.

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
I never said Becky didn't have great matches. I just said Sasha didn't have A SINGLE title match from 2017 till RR 2019 and she had a great match.

Sasha even had really good matches with Nia if you want to bring up non title feud.

I don't thing Sasha would have a 4 star match with Lacey but give her someone like Natalya and I'm sure she can have an even better match then Becky. she's been given so little chances yet always brings it so I have no reason to doubt it.
Sure, but when You also said she'd be having **** matches "left and right".. it's a bit far fetched if I take 2 months away for injury angle and 3 months for Lacey..

Yeah Nia vs Sasha alright as well. Their first couple of matches sucked but they developed their chemistry well eventually and had some nice showing like in the gauntlet.

Hopefully, we can get Sasha vs Nattie in a #1 contender match, give them some time and let's see how they do. There is always chemistry when two fight. Becky vs Charlotte eventually became the best match of both their career, not Sasha vs Charlotte.

Really the point I'm trying to make is more directed toward this ridiculous notion that Becky haters have been spreading for years (and it's only catching to small minority who barely watch the product I guess) that she's a 6/10 when the other 3 HW are an 8+/10 using stupid arguments "Becky needs to be carried"... and if that's the case then any match supposedly featuring Sasha or Charlotte vs someone else should be VASTLY superior to any match of Becky vs someone..which is CLEARLY not the freaking case. For example Asuka vs Becky = Charlotte vs Asuka > Sasha Asuka.

·
3,676 Posts
Sure, but when You also said she'd be having **** matches "left and right".. it's a bit far fetched if I take 2 months away for injury angle and 3 months for Lacey..

Yeah Nia vs Sasha alright as well. Their first couple of matches sucked but they developed their chemistry well eventually and had some nice showing like in the gauntlet.

Hopefully, we can get Sasha vs Nattie in a #1 contender match, give them some time and let's see how they do. There is always chemistry when two fight. Becky vs Charlotte eventually became the best match of both their career, not Sasha vs Charlotte.

Really the point I'm trying to make is more directed toward this ridiculous notion that Becky haters have been spreading for years (and it's only catching to small minority who barely watch the product I guess) that she's a 6/10 when the other 3 HW are an 8+/10 using stupid arguments "Becky needs to be carried"... and if that's the case then any match supposedly featuring Sasha or Charlotte vs someone else should be VASTLY superior to any match of Becky vs someone..which is CLEARLY not the freaking case. For example Asuka vs Becky = Charlotte vs Asuka > Sasha Asuka.
Well Sasha vs Asuka only had a TV match never any important title matches like like Both Charlotte and Becky. so I can't agree with that until we see it.

I do think Becky is really good in the ring. but TO ME I think all other four horsewomen are stronger in that regard then her. which is obviously not bad they all are elite talent. but everyone has their strengths hers are primarily her charisma and Mic skills in my opinion (for the record I do think Becky is better then Bayley overall though as a talent but I'm talking about wrestling strictly here)

Sasha in my opinion is the best at adapting to everyone's styles and bringing good matches out of green talent (Bayley is good at that too)

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
Well Sasha vs Asuka only had a TV match never any important title matches like like Both Charlotte and Becky. so I can't agree with that until we see it.
I do agree with you. When I was telling people back in 2017 that Becky didn't have any real opportunities like Bayley/Charlotte/Sasha though, everyone was saying differently, they thought many of her random throwaway matches (like the Asuka vs Sasha here), or her matches with green ass Alexa were " opportunities" and she failed, despite delivering a bunch of *** performance during that time period (just like Sasha). Everyone was too busy praising the other 3 HW for having great matches with each other (and not always, there some very mediocre matches in there as well).

By that point in time, Becky's legitimate only two opportunities were WM 32 (Match MVP btw) and Sasha vs Becky in NXT. And both matches were awesome. By then, Sasha had her Takeover matches and her long hot potato feud with Charlotte. Becky and Bayley still haven't had a proper feud and match as well, and their match back post-WM showed some great chemistry. I'm sure to some it would be far fetched to imagine Bayley/Becky being as good as Bayley/Sasha or Charlotte/Bayley, but hey, WE STILL DON'T KNOW, cause they haven't been given the opportunity.

I could act like a hater now (and how many people still do) and pretend "ARE YOU SERIOUS? IN 3 YEARS ONLY 1 GREAT MATCH.., IF SASHA IS SO GREAT WHY DIDN'T SHE HAVE A **** MATCH WITH ALICIA FOX DESPITE GETTING 10+MIN ON PPV". " IF SASHA IS SO GREAT THEN EVEN THE ASUKA MATCH SHOULD HAVE BEEN ****".
This is the type of crap I heard and still hear ^^

I do think Becky is really good in the ring. but TO ME I think all other four horsewomen are stronger in that regard then her. which is obviously not bad they all are elite talent. but everyone has their strengths hers are primarily her charisma and Mic skills in my opinion (for the record I do think Becky is better then Bayley overall though as a talent but I'm talking about wrestling strictly here)

Sasha is the best at adapting to everyone's styles and bringing good matches out of green talent (Bayley is good at that too)
Sasha is a great bumper and can make her opponent look good. I can why people think "she's the best": hard-hitting style, great bumper, can mat wrestle when she needs to and very creative. TO ME, Becky and Bayley are slightly better Sasha and Charlotte in terms of wrestling as I enjoy their style more and they are more solid. Charlotte and Sasha are more creative and take bigger risks.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,147 Posts
I'm guessing you didn't see Becky/Nattie because it involves Becky and Natalya? :lol

Yeah, as if Sasha pulled anything more than *** since her FCA match with Charlotte 3 years ago..

nah it's gona be fun. I'm 100% team Becky, but if heading into COC Sasha is as hot as Becky was last year heading into HIAC (or even close to that level), she should win.
Didn't even consider watching it, if everyone agreed that was the best match in wrestling history I still wouldn't watch it. The only way that matchup could've been more repulsive to me is if it was a triple threat with Nikki Cross added.

I know it gets under your skin that I think Becky is awful but I wasn't trying to start a mark war.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
MOB with sasha as a guest next week?

·
Premium Member
10,970 Posts
Didn't even consider watching it, if everyone agreed that was the best match in wrestling history I still wouldn't watch it. The only way that matchup could've been more repulsive to me is if it was a triple threat with Nikki Cross added.

I know it gets under your skin that I think Becky is awful but I wasn't trying to start a mark war.
Not really. It's always the same few people that haven't changed their tune in years. I'm sure I've seen you call Becky the best in the ring but lacking in other areas and then changed your tune to Becky is awful in the ring when she actually did some great character and promo work. You're usually very objective, so It's not like it gets under my skin, but more like "Why does he seem very objective and reasonable except when it comes to Becky?"

I mean, you can't keep calling her "Becky 2 stars" if you don't watch her be Becky 3 star or Becky 4 star.. and at the very least you should be excited for the feud instead of complaining that "you have to watch this bitch Becky now".

And Mark wars from time to time are fun. At least to anyone reading they'll see both sides.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,147 Posts
Not really. It's always the same few people that haven't changed their tune in years. I'm sure I've seen you call Becky the best in the ring but lacking in other areas and then changed your tune to Becky is awful in the ring when she actually did some great character and promo work. You're usually very objective, so It's not like it gets under my skin, but more like "Why does he seem very objective and reasonable except when it comes to Becky?"

I mean, you can't keep calling her "Becky 2 stars" if you don't watch her be Becky 3 star or Becky 4 star.. and at the very least you should be excited for the feud instead of complaining that "you have to watch this bitch Becky now".

And Mark wars from time to time are fun. At least to anyone reading they'll see both sides.
I've never called Becky best in-ring, at most I might have called her best technical wrestler but as you know, I don't give a shit about technical wrestling.

And it's not that I don't watch any of her matches, I watched the triple threat at TLC, her vs Charlotte at Evolution, vs Asuka at Rumble and all of her matches against Lacey. To be fair, I liked some of those matches but it was always despite Becky not because of her, I think any of them would've been elevated with Sasha, Bayley, Ember, Kairi, Ruby, Mickie, Io, Candice, etc. in her place.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
MOB with sasha as a guest next week?
Jesus Christ, this is actually going to happen isn't it? I literally can't think of a worse way of capitalizing on momentum than that clown show.

Every single MOB comes across way less serious than it should thanks to the awful pink diva set on the stage.

If they want her to talk she needs to be face to face with Becky right in the middle of the ring.

Reactions: Dolorian

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Jesus Christ, this is actually going to happen isn't it? I literally can't think of a worse way of capitalizing on momentum than that clown show.

Every single MOB comes across way less serious than it should thanks to the awful pink diva set on the stage.

If they want her to talk she needs to be face to face with Becky right in the middle of the ring.
Another note: Becky and Seth aren't advertised for next week's raw.

·
Registered
3,682 Posts

·
24,250 Posts

I'm dreading it already, no doubt they do it next week because of course Alexa just has to get involved.

She's honestly poison for the division.

·
Roy "Gambit" Mustang
10,374 Posts
Yeah if banks appears on moment of bliss she needs to destroy her. Also on topic banks has not had a great match for me for ages other then Ronda but she has been doing fuck all. It is same reasons becky had no great matches for ages.

Both will put on a great match at COC. I would have sasha win by cheating and have a few months at the top before becky wins it back in time for mania to face ronda. Also have sasha defend it more then once so she does not look like a paper champion

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
I'd laugh if it came out this was the plan all along and she'd just requested time off after Wrestlemania and didn't plan going any where lol

241 - 260 of 346 Posts