Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- NXT Women's Champion and WWE Diva Sasha Banks took to Tumblr to speak out on fans chanting for Brock Lesnar during her match with Nikki Bella on Monday.

Banks answered a fan message about the incident, saying of the fans, "They want change yet don't change themselves."
WWE booked the first segment of the "Revolution" then forgot all about it the next week lmao!!

If WWE creative was in charge during 96 WCW, they would've made Hogan appear as a face on Nitro after Bash at the Beach.

Retarded monkeys.

·
Ελευθερί&#
4,170 Posts
While I agree with her to a degree, the fans aren't going to change their views on women's wrestling unless they start seeing some great matches on the main roster. However, so long as the WWE insists on putting women in the ring with Banks, Lynch, and Charlotte who are not at their level, there really can't be any "revolution."

·
Premium Member
19,332 Posts
It wasn't about who was in the ring at all. It didn't matter who was in the ring at that time of the night. The crowd knew it was time for Lesnar and that's who they wanted. It wasn't personal. They would have chanted the same thing no matter who was wrestling that match...man or woman. WWE shouldn't have put THAT match in THAT spot. It was a terrible idea given the time and the place.

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
All I will add to the previous 2 posts is that it is fine here that Sasha got that off her chest if she needed to, but going forward may want to cool it on placing blame on the fans stuff b/c potentially alienating the fans that pushed for the divas to be more important can get the "revolution" killed FAST.

·
Banned
323 Posts
It wasn't about who was in the ring at all. It didn't matter who was in the ring at that time of the night. The crowd knew it was time for Lesnar and that's who they wanted. It wasn't personal. They would have chanted the same thing no matter who was wrestling that match...man or woman. WWE shouldn't have put THAT match in THAT spot. It was a terrible idea given the time and the place.
This. Just wrong place wrong time for those divas, nothing more.

Reactions: spikingspud

·
Banned
1,238 Posts
Yeah sure. So if Ambrose and Cena were rassling the same thing would of happened?

·
a Stupid Idea from Bad Creative
24,745 Posts
Part of me thinks Vince booked that match in that spot b/c he knew it would get shit on, so he has evidence to support stopping the "divas revolution"

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
If the roles were reversed and the crowd was chanting for the divas' during Lesnar's segment, people would be going on and on about the "Revolution".

While this is unfortunate, I'm not taking her seriously.

·
Premium Member
5,176 Posts
Sasha said a few home truths on the Jericho Podcast recently too especially concerning training & moves they were asked not to do which basically were punches, forearm smashes, elbows etc but thankfully that was changed within a year of NXT.
Naturally Sasha/Nikki aren't going to appreciate an eager crowd wanting to see their hometown guy but was probably taken personally because of the lack of attention that chant creates, Booking should've handled this smarter.

·
You Spoony Bard
9,920 Posts
Yep. In that town. Absolutely.
Ambrose was one of the few that got cheered after Bryan was tossed out in the Rumble. I'm gonna have to disagree with you here, LC. The general Raw audience isn't as receptive to women as they are men. The match wasn't that great, and that could very well be part of the reason, and Lesnar had yet to show up, but there's more to it. At least to her main point there is. But the match was DOA anyway given the situation.

·
Banned
4,811 Posts
I hate it when celebrities blame the fans. Jay-Z is mad because no one is subscribing to his expensive streaming service, Tidal, blaming us that we want everything for free or cheap. Yet his real qualm is that streaming doesn't generate enough revenue for him to keep bleaching Beyoncé's skin, but that is the fault of corporate greed by the labels.

Now Sasha is blaming us for not changing? Fans are the ones tired of WWE not changing. WWE always is late to te party to accommodate our tastes. Hell Thats probably why they were so restless because they had to sit through that Raw. I also agree that anyone would have gotten that treatment because they wanted Lesnar. Sasha at least got chants. Cena, Orton, Reigns, Sheamus, Show would have gotten Same Old Shit chants. It also didn't help that the Revolution has not emotionally invested people.

Sasha is directing anger the wrong way. I liked AJ because she at least had the balls to go against the gradient. Everyone else is probably fuming inside towards management but are too chickenshit to say anything. Instead they openly have a big circle jerk for Stephanie MCMahon as Savior of the Division. Pawns. Fools.

1 - 20 of 122 Posts