Wrestling Forum banner

Sasha Banks Listed for Emmy Nomination for Mandalorian Performance

4K views 58 replies 30 participants last post by  DoctorWhosawhatsit 
#1 ·

This is embarrassing for the people who said she had an irrelevant role with no screentime. Good for her.

#21 ·
It’s amazing that you would post something and not actually have any clue what it is.

Do some research next time, it’s not a nomination.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Or, you can try using basic reading comprehension. The thread title says LISTED for nomination. That means Disney chose her to be considered for a nomination because they thought highly enough of her performance.

#6 · (Edited)
She hasn’t been nominated for anything. It’s just a “for your consideration” ad that The Mandalorian/studio submitted for her. Shows will basically do this for their actors and crew regardless of how little chance they have to actually get on the final ballot for their respective categories.

Almost 2,000 people total are vying “for your consideration” this year. Usually it’s even more. The Mandalorian alone submitted these for over 20 of the actors who appeared during the recent season. It honestly doesn’t really mean anything. This is nothing more than the studio campaigning their performers to the voters.

Final Emmy nominations are still weeks away.

#15 ·
Don't get me wrong, I'm pleased for her that she got the chance to do something like that, it's a great experience, but let's not lose our heads here. She can't act. She made Gina Carano look like Daniel Day Lewis and that's saying something. She didn't shine, her lines were delivered stiff and wooden, and without expression. Any fairly objective watcher of TV will come to the same conclusion.

Emmy. Then you might as well throw my name in the mix. 😂

#54 ·
I'm a big Sasha fan but this has really backfired on you OP lol.

Fantastic she got the role in the first place in as something as big as Star Wars, but this really isn't noteworthy at all considering how these things work as others have already explained.

It's a bit embarrassing that Legit DMD can't just take the L and continues to double down.

#9 · (Edited)
It says a lot about your character that you're man enough to admit it. Much appreciated.

I like Sasha but is her role / performance actually Emmy worthy? Like what's the category? Best performance in an incredibly minor role with miniscule dialogue and little screen time?
"Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series"

#47 ·
#12 ·
It's not an actual nomination unfortunately. She didn't do enough in the series to make it to the final ballet. Still though it's good to see that she even made it this far to be considered given her limited role in the series. I love Sasha Banks and I hope she gains more traction in her acting career.

#22 ·
Disney also pushed for 13 of the actors in Avengers: Endgame to get Oscar nominations two years ago. They do this all the time.

I mentioned already that Disney listed over 20 actors who appeared in season 2 of Mando. Some of them are people that only appeared in one scene like John Leguizamo and Mark Hamill. They even listed Gina Carano of all people despite everything that went down. At the end of the day, it's merely a marketing strategy to make the product look more prestigious, not because they believe these performers have a chance of actually getting nominated. To Disney, these "for your considerations" are more about quantity than quality.

#33 · (Edited)
ONE last thing I haven’t pointed out. Another reason many of these people are listed is because they have it written in their contract that if there is an Emmy consideration ad push, they be included. Disney is contractually obligated to list them. Hence why you see Gina Carson on the list despite being fired.

I don’t want to argue about this anymore since I have now made the necessary points but after reading through some of the recent comments I just want to point out I’m glad to not be the only one here that understands the actual implications of this process. Agree with those who also see that for your consideration campaigns don’t actually hold much merit 99% of the time.

This is coming from someone who doesn’t have an agenda and is only pointing out facts. I thought Timothy Olyphant was great in his guest appearance but it’s not like I’m going to say him being on that list holds any legitimate value. It’s perfectly fine to think someone performed well or poorly on a show, whatever opinion that is. However, using this Emmy campaign by Disney as an argument to back that opinion holds zero weight.

#48 ·
Lets not get carried away with this one, she on a list that list that looks the entire guest star cast and looking at that list for the Mandalorian alone I can pick out half a dozen names who put on a better performance in the show than Sasha did, Katee Sackhoff, Micheal Biehn, Timothy Olyphant, Bill Burr, Ming Na-Wen and of course Rosario Dawson who nailed it as Ahsoka Tano a role which if messed up could have turned the majority of Star Wars fans on the show let alone her.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.