Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,813 Posts
Two episodes, including the finale with Luke Skywalker.
Oh man, that changes everything. Two episodes guys.

I can't wait for her oscar worthy performance in Fast and Furious 10 where she fills up her car with gas and drives away for a grand total of two minutes of screen time.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,990 Posts
Good for her, wish her the best!

Reactions: The Legit DMD

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
She hasn’t been nominated for anything. It’s just a “for your consideration” ad that The Mandalorian/studio submitted for her. Shows will basically do this for their actors and crew regardless of how little chance they have to actually get on the final ballot for their respective categories.

Almost 2,000 people total are vying “for your consideration” this year. Usually it’s even more. The Mandalorian alone submitted these for over 20 of the actors who appeared during the recent season. It honestly doesn’t really mean anything. This is nothing more than the studio campaigning their performers to the voters.

Final Emmy nominations are still weeks away.

This is correct. Mandolorian "For Your Consideration'd" 18 people for "Guest Actor". I honestly think they did it for pretty much every actor that had more than 1 line it seems. But people like Rosario Dawson, Katee Sachoff, Bull Burr and Timothy Olyphant had much more screentime and significant roles and I can't see any of them getting nominated. So Sasha has absolutely no chance at actually being nominated

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
Or, you can try using basic reading comprehension. The thread title says LISTED for nomination. That means Disney chose her to be considered for a nomination because they thought highly enough of her performance.
They chose 17 other people for "Guest Actor". So pretty much anyone that had more than 2 lines they put up for consideration

·
Registered
14,221 Posts

·
Standing with The Man
6,714 Posts
Lets not get carried away with this one, she on a list that list that looks the entire guest star cast and looking at that list for the Mandalorian alone I can pick out half a dozen names who put on a better performance in the show than Sasha did, Katee Sackhoff, Micheal Biehn, Timothy Olyphant, Bill Burr, Ming Na-Wen and of course Rosario Dawson who nailed it as Ahsoka Tano a role which if messed up could have turned the majority of Star Wars fans on the show let alone her.

·
Premium Member
2,532 Posts
Lets not get carried away with this one, she on a list that list that looks the entire guest star cast and looking at that list for the Mandalorian alone I can pick out half a dozen names who put on a better performance in the show than Sasha did, Katee Sackhoff, Micheal Biehn, Timothy Olyphant, Bill Burr, Ming Na-Wen and of course Rosario Dawson who nailed it as Ahsoka Tano a role which if messed up could have turned the majority of Star Wars fans on the show let alone her.
You’re going to be so embarrassed when she gets the nomination and easily wins her first of MANY Emmys. Or she might give someone else a chance next year and begin to pursue the elusive (not for her) EGOT.

·
Registered
8,196 Posts
You’re going to be so embarrassed when she gets the nomination and easily wins her first of MANY Emmys. Or she might give someone else a chance next year and begin to pursue the elusive (not for her) EGOT.
It's going to be an EGOTS, because she'll also have won a Slammy.

·
Registered
9,506 Posts
I'm a big Sasha fan but this has really backfired on you OP lol.

Fantastic she got the role in the first place in as something as big as Star Wars, but this really isn't noteworthy at all considering how these things work as others have already explained.

It's a bit embarrassing that Legit DMD can't just take the L and continues to double down.

·
Registered
730 Posts
This is correct. Mandolorian "For Your Consideration'd" 18 people for "Guest Actor". I honestly think they did it for pretty much every actor that had more than 1 line it seems. But people like Rosario Dawson, Katee Sachoff, Bull Burr and Timothy Olyphant had much more screentime and significant roles and I can't see any of them getting nominated. So Sasha has absolutely no chance at actually being nominated

View attachment 103483
I wouldn't say she has no chance,a lot of tv shows last year had delayed season releases due to covid so the 2020-2021 emmy calender is a relatively weak emmy field. If a few hundred Emmy voters are wrestling fans and Sasha Banks fans she could end up with some kind of random nomination.

·
Premium Member
4,569 Posts
I wouldn't say she has no chance,a lot of tv shows last year had delayed season releases due to covid so the 2020-2021 emmy calender is a relatively weak emmy field. If a few hundred Emmy voters are wrestling fans and Sasha Banks fans she could end up with some kind of random nomination.
Like I said no chance

·
Registered
6,556 Posts
s

She is not nominated yet, she is eligible for nomination.
s

She is not nominated yet, she is eligible for nomination.
Technically, if you appear on a TV show and have lines you are eligible for nomination. You don't even HAVE to be put forward in FYC campaigning though it is the S.O.P of the industry. Anyway, she didn't get nominated and she shouldn't have anyway.

·
Registered
14,221 Posts
What a shocking, disgusting, snub that Sasha wasn't nominated. Each of her lines were delivered flawlessly and you almost didn't forget she was in the finale. This is obviously due to the liberal Hollywood elites looking down on wrestling.

Lunacy I tell ye, LUNACY!

Sarcasm aside I do think The Mandolorean was hosed a little, but sci-fi/fantasy actors often get hosed come nomination time, their performances are often dismissed out of hand despite sci-fi/fantasy being some of the most difficult acting their is. I would have thought Dawson would have gotten a nod if only to garner the Emmys some mainstream relevance, and I honestly don't see what Carl Weathers did to merit a nomination, but whatever.

41 - 59 of 59 Posts