Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 100 of 110 Posts

Registered
I dont wanna hear any bitching about not creating new stars when you guys are celebrating the fact that they wont even put the womens tag team titles on non horsewomen during a fucking pandemic.
I agree. This should be a time when they start trying different things, pushing new people, building new feuds. Where's Bianca, Rhea, Liv, etc? Instead, as soon as Becky leaves they push Charlotte. When she leaves, they push Bayley, Sasha. They drag Christian, Edge out of retirement. Now here's Orton and Hardy. Sorry, this is a Sasha thread.

THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
It is on you because you're celebrating it when its the exact OPPOSITE of what they should be doing.
WWE hasn't cared about us or what we think for over 14 years now lol. We have been advocating for the product to be fixed since Cena was in his prime and they haven't given a single shit. People are always shitting on WWE for how terrible the women's division is and they still haven't done a thing outside of the Horsewomen and Ronda Rousey. How is saying no to Sasha and Bayley holding the tag gold so that new stars can be born going to help now when it hasn't helped before? This is why I repeatedly said over and over that Becky leaving wasn't going to help shit for the overall health of the womens division.

None. More. Hated.
WWE hasn't cared about us or what we think for over 14 years now lol. We have been advocating for the product to be fixed since Cena was in his prime and they haven't given a single shit. People are always shitting on WWE for how terrible the women's division is and they still haven't done a thing outside of the Horsewomen and Ronda Rousey. How is saying no to Sasha and Bayley holding the tag gold so that new stars can be born going to help now when it hasn't helped before?

Well looking at viewership, i think people are already saying no.

None. More. Hated.
Just like they have been for the last 10 years lol, the cable viewership has been declining for years it didn't just start now.

But with as much as theyve pushed the 4hw and promoted them they should be stabilizers. Having all the belts on 2 of them should help stop the bleeding. Its not. They all need to go on somewhere.

But with as much as theyve pushed the 4hw and promoted them they should be stabilizers. Having all the belts on 2 of them should help stop the bleeding. Its not. They all need to go on somewhere.
Women are not gonna stabilize cable viewership. They never will. Rousey is a bigger star than any of them will ever be and she didn't do anything to help the bleeding. The men are 95% of the show. Until they stop pushing all the men like fuckin dweebs, and until they stopping spitting on the fans intelligence, we won't see the bleeding stop. They literally promoted a title re-match between Drew and Ziggler and gave no explanation as to why it was now a non-title match all of a sudden, then expected people to stay for the 3rd hour, especially after just doing the same match at ER. They did a 1.4 in H3 this week. I bet if they made Ziggler more aggressive and had Drew pick a ladder/cage match or something as the stip for the gold, people would have stuck around. Drew literally has had no legitimate opponents and all the men on the roster are jobbers and they expect people to watch.

None. More. Hated.
Women are not gonna stabilize cable viewership. They never will. Rousey is a bigger star than any of them will ever be and she didn't do anything to help the bleeding. The men are 95% of the show. Until they stop pushing all the men like fuckin dweebs, and until they stopping spitting on the fans intelligence, we won't see the bleeding stop. They literally promoted a title re-match between Drew and Ziggler and gave no explanation as to why it was now a non-title match all of a sudden, then expected people to stay for the 3rd hour, especially after just doing the same match at ER. They did a 1.4 in H3 this week. I bet if they made Ziggler more aggressive and had Drew pick a ladder/cage match or something as the stip for the gold, people would have stuck around. Drew literally has had no legitimate opponents and all the men on the roster are jobbers and they expect people to watch.

Well theres quite a few well known posters in this thread who claim vehemently that Sasha is a big draw. Cant have it both ways.

Well theres quite a few well known posters in this thread who claim vehemently that Sasha is a big draw. Cant have it both ways.
They're probably talking about the 2 times she was on NXT against Io Shirai and against Shotzi/Tegan Nox where her segments did 900K+ viewers both times. She's proven to be a draw within the parameters of NXT's audience. Bringing in "new" viewers who don't already follow the product though? I would say no she's not a draw in that regard. Women are not gonna bring new viewers to the company, only the men will because the whole show is mostly about them and has always mostly been about them.

Since Day One
Charlotte wins belts for no reason = Argh im outraged this is only because of her last name [email protected]

Bayley and Sasha hold every belt in the company and have 20 minute segments every single show = This is awesome! Clap clap clap.

Meanwhile those same people will tweet about justice for Naomi or some shit.
I鈥檒l say. Hypocrisy at its finest. They鈥檙e the only two that have gotten over this whole time and that effect carries over to multiple shows. See how people are calling this out as a problem within a little as a few weeks? That鈥檚 why 鈥渂-but muh five years鈥 means nothing whenever people try to say it鈥檚 okay when these two are significantly worse in every aspect of terrible booking and bad business that Charlotte鈥檚 been called out on in her time on top of a male-dominated business鈥攊t took way less than five years for that to be seen as an issue that had to be taken care of with de-pushes.

Registered
All things considered that was a good way to write of Kairi, protect Asuka be and make her look like a hero, and get heat on Banks while putting the title on her so her and Bayley can continue to talk shit.

As far as 2 women having all the belts so what. Let's not pretend folk really care about the other women.
While you're not wrong, I gotta ask: When it comes to wrestlers, is it worth looking like a hero when it just makes you a loser? I highly doubt people are fans of wrestlers because of how "heroic" they are.

The EST of NXT
Discussion Starter #92
I鈥檒l say. Hypocrisy at its finest. They鈥檙e the only two that have gotten over this whole time and that effect carries over to multiple shows. See how people are calling this out as a problem within a little as a few weeks? That鈥檚 why 鈥渂-but muh five years鈥 means nothing whenever people try to say it鈥檚 okay when these two are significantly worse in every aspect of terrible booking and bad business that Charlotte鈥檚 been called out on in her time on top of a male-dominated business鈥攊t took way less than five years for that to be seen as an issue that had to be taken care of with de-pushes.
Ah, here's the argument I've been waiting for. Let's talk about it. We both know AS CHARLOTTE FANS that she makes no stars whatsoever and is only worried about making herself look good. Within the last month, Sasha has put over Io, Shotzi, and gotten fans MORE invested in Asuka. When Charlotte beat Asuka, she became irrelevant for two years. I guarantee you that Asuka will only come out of this stronger and more over. You know Sasha does an excellent job of putting opponents over so I don't have to try too hard to convince you, but I want you to understand why it's not hypocritical to celebrate Sasha and roll your eyes at Charlotte.

1. Sasha has gotten shitty booking for 4 years. She hasn't had ONE successful RAW Women's Championship defense out of four, and she has a COMBINED 82 days as champion. That's approximately half of one of Charlotte's TWELVE reigns. Let that sink in.

2. Charlotte succeeds at the expense of others while anyone who works with Sasha benefits. Literally no one has been elevated by working with Charlotte Flair. Two women who saw her as a dream opponent had their careers derailed catastrophically within two months of working with her. Rhea went from the future face of NXT to having long matches with Aliyah. Bianca was taken off television for 3 months after losing clean and being attacked after the match for no reason. This was after she outshined both Rhea and Charlotte on the mic multiple times. Io also didn't benefit from Charlotte's title reign because Rhea ended up taking the pin.

So that's why there's cause for celebration. We have a top woman who doesn't bury the entire roster for accolades.

Since Day One
Ah, here's the argument I've been waiting for. Let's talk about it. We both know AS CHARLOTTE FANS that she makes no stars whatsoever and is only worried about making herself look good. Within the last month, Sasha has put over Io, Shotzi, and gotten fans MORE invested in Asuka. When Charlotte beat Asuka, she became irrelevant for two years. I guarantee you that Asuka will only come out of this stronger and more over. You know Sasha does an excellent job of putting opponents over so I don't have to try too hard to convince you, but I want you to understand why it's not hypocritical to celebrate Sasha and roll your eyes at Charlotte.

1. Sasha has gotten shitty booking for 4 years. She hasn't had ONE successful RAW Women's Championship defense out of four, and she has a COMBINED 82 days as champion. That's approximately half of one of Charlotte's TWELVE reigns. Let that sink in.

2. Charlotte succeeds at the expense of others while anyone who works with Sasha benefits. Literally no one has been elevated by working with Charlotte Flair. Two women who saw her as a dream opponent had their careers derailed catastrophically within two months of working with her. Rhea went from the future face of NXT to having long matches with Aliyah. Bianca was taken off television for 3 months after losing clean and being attacked after the match for no reason. This was after she outshined both Rhea and Charlotte on the mic multiple times. Io also didn't benefit from Charlotte's title reign because Rhea ended up taking the pin.

So that's why there's cause for celebration. We have a top woman who doesn't bury the entire roster for accolades.
Believe me, I鈥檓 not at all sour over Sasha Banks being the RAW Women鈥檚 Champion. Go ahead and celebrate to your heart鈥檚 content. I鈥檓 just more or less sick and tired of having to hear about how everyone can be on the same page about how it鈥檚 the upper brass of management that are responsible for shitty booking EXCEPT when it comes to people that they don鈥檛 like. And if anything, what you鈥檝e highlighted is precisely why I feel like Charlotte鈥檚 been getting worse booking than practically any top woman lately despite the number of championships she鈥檚 won. All but a few of her reigns are short/transitional and much like the other women, any non-title story/feud she鈥檚 been in has been bare bones without any chance of any significant character development. That leaves her a few notches below Asuka (who you admit is going to come out ahead in the end with 鈥渟ignificant character development), Bayley, and Sasha Banks.

And allow me to be perfectly clear about something else鈥擨 don鈥檛 believe in the whole 鈥渃orrelation = causation鈥 thing when it comes to poor ratings, lack of opportunities for other women, etc. because Bayley/Sasha are the golden girls right now. I never had. I鈥檝e always thought it was stupid to have that sort of mindset when anyone with half a brain can see what the real problem is. I鈥檇 just like a little more consistency when it comes to the blame game that everyone likes to play with Flair because it鈥檚 easy to paint the narrative of Daddy鈥檚 girl getting everything by ignoring the significant context of her main roster run by focusing on nothing but numbers and playing up her arrogance by taking quotes out of context.

Beyond that, the interesting thing about your first point you brought up is that she might be in line for a repeat of no successful title defenses if the plan is to quickly get the title back on Asuka and set up Bayley/Sasha for Summerslam.

Registered
Believe me, I鈥檓 not at all sour over Sasha Banks being the RAW Women鈥檚 Champion. Go ahead and celebrate to your heart鈥檚 content. I鈥檓 just more or less sick and tired of having to hear about how everyone can be on the same page about how it鈥檚 the upper brass of management that are responsible for shitty booking EXCEPT when it comes to people that they don鈥檛 like. And if anything, what you鈥檝e highlighted is precisely why I feel like Charlotte鈥檚 been getting worse booking than practically any top woman lately despite the number of championships she鈥檚 won. All but a few of her reigns are short/transitional and much like the other women, any non-title story/feud she鈥檚 been in has been bare bones without any chance of any significant character development. That leaves her a few notches below Asuka (who you admit is going to come out ahead in the end with 鈥渟ignificant character development), Bayley, and Sasha Banks.

And allow me to be perfectly clear about something else鈥擨 don鈥檛 believe in the whole 鈥渃orrelation = causation鈥 thing when it comes to poor ratings, lack of opportunities for other women, etc. because Bayley/Sasha are the golden girls right now. I never had. I鈥檝e always thought it was stupid to have that sort of mindset when anyone with half a brain can see what the real problem is. I鈥檇 just like a little more consistency when it comes to the blame game that everyone likes to play with Flair because it鈥檚 easy to paint the narrative of Daddy鈥檚 girl getting everything by ignoring the significant context of her main roster run by focusing on nothing but numbers and playing up her arrogance by taking quotes out of context.

Beyond that, the interesting thing about your first point you brought up is that she might be in line for a repeat of no successful title defenses if the plan is to quickly get the title back on Asuka and set up Bayley/Sasha for Summerslam.
Your whole post, 馃憦

The EST of NXT
Discussion Starter #96

To your point about context: short reigns don't hurt Charlotte as much as they've hurt Sasha. Why? Because we've seen Charlotte with multiple lengthy title reigns on the main roster. Also, EVERYONE knows they're trying to hotshot her past her dad in title reigns, so no one cares about the length at this point. Barely anyone even remembers her one week loss to Bayley because of how dominant she's been booked since then. Alexa beating Sasha for the title in 8 days ruined her. She hasn't been champion in nearly 3 years and spent most of her time putting other women over and having a senseless, never ending set of rematches with the Riott Squad.

Registered
To your point about context: short reigns don't hurt Charlotte as much as they've hurt Sasha. Why? Because we've seen Charlotte with multiple lengthy title reigns on the main roster. Also, EVERYONE knows they're trying to hotshot her past her dad in title reigns, so no one cares about the length at this point. Barely anyone even remembers her one week loss to Bayley because of how dominant she's been booked since then. Alexa beating Sasha for the title in 8 days ruined her. She hasn't been champion in nearly 3 years and spent most of her time putting other women over and having a senseless, never ending set of rematches with the Riott Squad.
Charlotte's only had 2, what would be considered, lengthy title reigns. Raw, 113 days. The others 43, 29, 57. Smackdown, 146 days. The others 1, 4, 12, 27. She's never had a 5 month reign. Not great at all, but compared to Sasha, yeah...

The EST of NXT
Discussion Starter #98
Charlotte's only had 2, what would be considered, lengthy title reigns. Raw, 113 days. The others 43, 29, 57. Smackdown, 146 days. The others 1, 4, 12, 27. She's never had a 5 month reign. Not great at all, but compared to Sasha, yeah...
You forgot about her Divas Championship reign.

81 - 100 of 110 Posts