Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Honestly all I see about Sasha now is "bald, botch machine"

Not sure what her hair has to do with anything but..

Have I missed something here? Sasha is a botch machine? Since when?
I know she was like too light to break a table at HIAC or something (didn't Charlotte fuck up Sasha at Summerslam?)& I think there was something where she was meant to hold the ropes to pin Nia but she didn't but what else is there? Is she blamed for the Emma injury? (Genuinely haven't looked up on it to determine for myself)

Saying she "botches more than Naomi" & stuff like that is ridiculous imo, anyone care to enlighten me of all these botches (seriously)? I admittedly don't pay that much attention to it :)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Sasha does botch more than most, but only because she's one of 3 women who actually has a moveset of more than 2 moves, she actually atttempts spots so of course she's more likely to Botch than people like Carmella and Bliss who are only do 2/3 moves a match.

She doesn't botch more than Naomi though, and all women's matches have 3/4 botches in them it's not just Sasha.

·
Leader of the Boss Army
415 Posts
In terms of an in ring talent shes top 2, just behind Charlotte, being so versatile it raises the chances of making a mistake here and there, Charlotte herself botches too, it just comes with the territory.

She doesn't botch near as much as this forum suggests and certainly not more than Naomi.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,665 Posts
I would love for one of the dozens of people who swear that she's a botch machine to compile all her botches since HiaC, to hear them tell it, that video would be longer than Raw.

If you ask any one of them when the last time she botched was, they'll either say she botches every match, but can't be bothered to provide the receipts, or they'll say they don't watch her because she's WOAT, in which case they wouldn't actually know if she was botching or not.

60,001 Posts
I'm unsure if the botch moniker fits her. Botches are usually a two way street and I have no data on the extent of her alleged botchery. Her hairline? That should be off limits as a critique of a woman, my sexism be damned.

·
WF's Resident One Piece mark
1,251 Posts
Naomi botches far more frequently, Carmella stays fucking up with somethin, Dana Brooke is just downright atrocious. Difference is, Sasha can botch and still have an entertaining match (see HIAC 2016).

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
She botches a lot, anyone with eyes can see that. Lol at people here trying to say she doesn't botch. A big match with Sasha Banks in it will always give you the fear that you will see at least seriously dangerous botch.

The stuff about her hairline is just in poor taste though, I dont fuck with that at all. Most people who take cheap shots like that would give their right leg to have a girl who looked like Sasha if it came down to it, so its just comes off as cringey when people insult her like that.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,444 Posts
Sasha isn't the cleanest worker, there's no arguing that, but botch machine is probably too far. People exaggerate how often she messes up. She can be seriously sloppy with aerial moves though. That's one area that she really might be a danger to herself.

·
The EST of NXT
The LegitEST BOSS
29,432 Posts
I would love for one of the dozens of people who swear that she's a botch machine to compile all her botches since HiaC, to hear them tell it, that video would be longer than Raw.

If you ask any one of them when the last time she botched was, they'll either say she botches every match, but can't be bothered to provide the receipts, or they'll say they don't watch her because she's WOAT, in which case they wouldn't actually know if she was botching or not.
Or they'll say she ALWAYS botches her suicide dive, which is actually a cross body that she's been intentionally doing since she wrestled on the Boston indies in 2013:

·
I will make something truly astonishing!
4,218 Posts
^ she lands on her face. If it's just the way she does it, then it's fucking dumb and it needs fixing before she kills herself.

I'd call her a sloppy worker over a botchy one.. Yes, she botches sometimes, but she lacks body control and flails about like a baby giraffe all the time.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I don't know if she botches a lot but her really skinny frame makes it look like she is nearly broken in half every time she bumps. It's almost "cartoonish" in a way.

·
Registered
913 Posts
She made some botches when first called up and she's been going along fine now. Paige was a darling before getting called up and she botched a bunch too. It happens. otoh, perhaps she was botching on purpose to get a petition going to change her nickname to The Legit Botch. *shrug* Someday she'll be turned heel and people will love her again.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
She isn't one. The only major botches I can think of were that missed sunset flip at Mania 32, the top rope hurricanrana at Battleground last year, and that suicide dive where she Lita'd herself. I don't remember any other big ones. They were probably some really minor ones but not something to be trashed for. I don't even think that rope thing against Nia was a botch. To me, it looked like she grabbed the rope after three to get out of the ring. (7:13)

So yeah she's not a botch machine. And the forehead thing is ridiculous when Nia Jax, Alicia Fox, and Peyton Royce all have big foreheads too yet nobody says anything about them, not that it matters. They're all beautiful women regardless. People just love to have a reason to hate on Sasha for whatever reason, I guess.

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
I wouldn't call her a "botch machine" but she does botch A LOT, more than most of the other women on the roster. I agree that "Legit Botch" would suit her better as a nickname. I just skip her matches now though so I wouldn't know if she still botches as much

:draper2

Reactions: DammitChrist

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
I rather see Sasha botch every single night, than see Bayley's shit eating grin, or that annoying brat side kick of hers.

I was harsh with Sasha cause I like her, and I do expect the most from her out of everyone. I always thought Charlotte would go on to be considered the best, and Becky would be my personal favorite, but I always thought Sasha would become the epic tweener, like Rock level. Where she could talk shit and everyone would love her. Like I'm so confidant in that, that I feel Sasha could talk shit to Bayley in front of her face, and people would still love Sasha.

I'm not talking that stupid Natalya vs Nikki, lame ass backstage I'm gonna jump you everytime were mentioned on screen only so our whole thing is droppped randomly. I mean don't let Bayley retain, Sasha wins at Summerslam, and then at a PPV in Boston, have Sasha beat Bayley, and then talk crap about her in Boston the following night and she will become epic.

·
Premium Member
858 Posts
I haven't seen her botch that much myself, and I watch all her matches. If she does botch a lot, then its not something thats very obvious to me. I remember when she won the title for the 1st time, and landed her suicide dive on her shoulder. If I had a list of girls that botch the least, Sasha would probably be somewhere at the top.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts