Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Of course that could all turn around at some point. As of right now though Sarah is really just..meh

Triple H was on a role with the Japanese female wrestlers first with Asuka, Kairi, then Io the holy trio.

Knowing what these 3 brought to WWE/NXT thats where mainly the hype was for Sarray coming in.

I'm glad she's showing some excitement and enthusiasm in her entrance now cause at first... it was devoid of any energy and excitement

She doesn't have the charisma or the charm of the previous three. So far her matches are really nothing to sing home about.

Triple H might have hit a miss with her

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Sarray was always going to be the weakest of those three. She didn't have the charisma and personality of a Asuka or Kairi Sane. Nor did she have the swagger of a Io Shirai. And even then it wasn't until Io's Heel turn that Io really took off. Also didn't help that her first major feud(vs Toni Storm) never took place because said person got called up to the main roster before it even got a chance to start.

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
WWE(NXT on this case)still can polish her to become what they want, if somehow she's survive within 3 years(according NXT contract), it means they can use her in future, for reminder, Kairi's goal was never want to be number one in WWE, she was happy works there,perhaps her regret is can't perform on her debut at Wrestlemania in front of live crowds and can't do her special entrance. Sarray might be no different with Kairi, the only difference is their age.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When Io was a babyface though she was still getting great fan reactions. I think even before the hell turn fans wanted to see her become champion and win the belt from Shanya.

Now that Mandy is champion, maybe they can run it back to her and Sarray cause it was basically Sarray that I guess made Mandy switch from blonde to brunette after Sarray damn rear ripped Mandy's head off with that running diving kick

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Asuka had the work rate and charisma
Kairi have the underdog cuteness
IO have work rate and sex appeal.

Sarray is currently a blank canvass. She needs a new ring gear and she needs to be in a tag team with a charismatic girl who can speak English.

·
Custom User Title
7,057 Posts
Sarray's fortunes can easily still turn around, but it's also going to require a change in how she's presented to NXT. There were a couple of times where it seemed like she was on the verge of getting a push, but then shit happened. It was pretty obvious Toni Storm was going to put her over in a big way at first, but then Toni got yanked out of NXT by Vince, just to sit in catering and get squashed on the main roster. And then it was pretty clear Ember was going to put her over, but then Ember had some sort of medical issue, and they had to sub her out for Dakota, who promptly killed all of Sarray's momentum dead because they were busy building up Dakota as the next challenger for Raquel at the time.

Then I figured she would bounce back by having Mandy put her over, as it seemed like that was the direction they were going, but then after she "disfigured" Mandy's face, they had her lose as part of a six woman tag match against Toxic Attraction, and never actually get her revenge. Instead they put all of their focus on Mandy, shoving Sarray to the side again.

Right now all it really takes is for her to get an actual sustained push and focus instead of getting shoved to the side due to either incompetent booking or bad luck. Outside of someone like Io Shirai, she's probably the best candidate to take the title from Mandy, at least. At least more so than any other babyface on the brand. And quite frankly, I can't see Mandy getting a long reign anyways, because the whole Toxic Attraction gimmick has a very short shelf life.

I mean when your other prominently featured babyfaces are Zoey Starks, Indi Hartwell, and Persia (none of whom are even remotely ready to chase the title, let alone hold it, especially with Indi/Persia being in a tag team, and Zoey having no personality or charisma), that's a problem. I guess I could see Cora Jade at some point, but even then I doubt it considering "skater girl who only wins by rollups" is a really bad gimmick and isn't going to get over with fans.

·
Waiting for Kawato
2,771 Posts
First of all, she is still younger than any of them were when they arrived in NXT so she very much has time on her side. Secondly, they were all pretty immediately shot to the moon, where as she has not been.

Besides all that, Kairi and Asuka are two of the most charismatic performers that there are, and Io has that great entrance that is what really took her to the next level here, though even before that she had the reputation from her time in Stardom that Sarray cannot boast.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts