Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On November 24th, it was announced that Amazing Kong had stepped up to the plate and allied herself with Daizee Haze for the “Final Battle 2010” tag team match (http://www.rohwrestling.com/news/amazing-kong-steps-up-to-the-plate/). The questions that have been floating around in the weeks since have all been in regards to Sara Del Rey and her partner. Many names have floated around, partners have been speculated upon, but now we have the official word from the self-proclaimed “Queen of Wrestling”.

“I scoured the world.” said Del Rey, “I searched high and low for a woman capable of standing beside me in that ring. Quite honestly, it was the hardest thing I’ve ever done in my life. It’s almost impossible to find someone who is as good as me, but I found somebody. I found one woman I can trust to stand in my corner and finally shut Daizee’s yapping mouth: Serena Deeb!

It will be Daizee Haze & Amazing Kong vs. Sara Del Rey & Serena Deeb at “Final Battle 2010”! Which team will prove their superiority? Be there live to find out, tickets are available now: http://www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch=products.view&product_id=208! And if you can’t be there live, then order it on GoFightLive: http://www.gofightlive.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/ROH_Final_Battle_2010/807. ROH cameras will attempt to get words with Daizee or Sara, if not both, this weekend in Louisville as we head to NYC!

·
Lethargic Llama, follow me on twitter
3,498 Posts
Nice, this card just keeps getting better and better

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
Nice work, Del Rey. My top choices were Hamada, Serena Deeb, or Double M (Mercedez Martinez).

And you picked one of them! This match will be great.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Only two words came out of my minds when reading this....HOLY FUCK!

·
Usertitle ist hier
11,699 Posts
This card, can it get much better?

I'm glad to see The Deeb in. They are really making an effort with this Women of Honor angle they have going. Four great workers to base the division around, works for me. I see a lot of potential going forward and as we saw with TNA when that division was at its height, it adds something unique to the company.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
The only work of Serena's I've seen is in WWE and she worked one match on TV. So I don't really have an opinion on her ring work. Is she really good enough to get hyped about? If so, I'm looking forward to this match, even though I already was, no matter who Sara's partner is.

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
The only work of Serena's I've seen is in WWE and she worked one match on TV. So I don't really have an opinion on her ring work. Is she really good enough to get hyped about? If so, I'm looking forward to this match, even though I already was, no matter who Sara's partner is.
She was at one point a main eventer in SHIMMER (one of the top booked babyfaces at that).

Personally, I wouldn't put her in the same level as Kong, Del Rey, and Haze... But there are few that are on that level (and even fewer that are higher).

She's pretty dang good though, and deserved her main event role in SHIMMER. If she didn't go to the E, I think she'd be champion now.

·
also known as a BUSTER
12,018 Posts
She's excellent IMO. She's a lot younger than the likes of Kong, Del Rey etc. so it's kind of unfair to compare them to her.

This is ROH's most watched youtube video of all time, and a pretty decent match:

Serena and Lacey's match at SHIMMER 9 was OSSUM.

EDIT: Her theme's epic.

·
DG Fan
1,013 Posts
She's had some solid matches with Del Rey.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
She can throw a proper dropkick, automatically makes her better than every WWE & TNA Diva today. I am anxisous to actually get an extended look at her in the ring.

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,907 Posts
She was at one point a main eventer in SHIMMER (one of the top booked babyfaces at that).

Personally, I wouldn't put her in the same level as Kong, Del Rey, and Haze... But there are few that are on that level (and even fewer that are higher).

She's pretty dang good though, and deserved her main event role in SHIMMER. If she didn't go to the E, I think she'd be champion now.
Since when is Daizee Haze any good?

Regardless this could be a really good match.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
Haze has been decent this year in Chikara at least. Not anywhere near Del Rey's level, but definitely not an embarrassment to anything.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Deeb is a good choice I was hoping for Melissa but I'm happy with her instead she also probably has the best punches in womens wrestling. In fact they're better than a lot of the guys

1 - 19 of 19 Posts