Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I know Santino had a car accident a few weeks past and maybe that's why he hasn't been shown for a couple of weeks but I was wondering, how do you bring back a Santino when he was last seen getting beaten down by Awesome Truth?

I think Zach Ryder has tooken his comedy spot pretty well and, although maybe I see a comedy tag team between him and Ryder, I don't know if Santino is as over now as he was back then to pull it off. I remember discussing about this earlier in the week that Santiino could just return for a segment and do his usual schtick but in the end of the segment, he break character (normal voice, serious demeanor) and bashes the WWE for making him to look like a joke for years and not get any respect in return.

I remember Santino's work from OVW:

Man, he did Koslov better than Koslov himself. Anyways, I would have him come out and feud with Ryder, seemingly the new guy in town in terms of popularity that Santino once had. Just have Santino keep attacking him in his matches and segments with his patented standing armbar and let Ryder go over in the end of the feud while Santino makes him look good.

Could be a way to reinvigorate new interest in Santino for the fans and for Santino himself.

·
ROWDY RODDY PIPER
10,777 Posts
I really hope they drop his comedy gimmick, it's so fucking lame. He is really a great wrestler and I would prefer to see him come back as a serious face or heel, not a fucking joke.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
It'd certainly different. I've always found Santino to be comical but I'd have no problem with that idea. Ryder being in a program would be great.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
He needs to come back as a serious wrestler, he got the skills and ability to be really good. This car incident could really be a blessing in disguise

·
HOES MAD
22,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I really hope they drop his comedy gimmick, it's so fucking lame. He is really a great wrestler and I would prefer to see him come back as a serious face or heel, not a fucking joke.
I think it's past it's expiration date. True, his OVW work was pretty great and his gimmick as a submission killer was pretty badass. Bring that to RAW and have him just own his opponents with that standing armbar. Start with Ryder.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I think it's past it's expiration date. True, his OVW work was pretty great and his gimmick as a submission killer was pretty badass. Bring that to RAW and have him just own his opponents with that standing armbar. Start with Ryder.
It's impossible to own the Ultimate Broski...

·
Registered
4,306 Posts
I'd rather they not drop the comedy gimmick. However, they should make him a serious COMPETITOR in the ring (play up his martial arts background), and maybe he can go the Kofi Kingston route of inexplicably dropping his accent.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts