Wrestling Forum banner

Santino Marrella= Eddie Guerrero

5329 55
Before I get flamed, hear this out. His not as good, no one will ever be, but his careet is sort of shaping out to be like it.

Eddie/Chyna= Santino/Beth and/or Santino/Tamina
Los Guerreros= Santino/Kozlov, in terms of the comedy skits and all.

Eddie for much of the start of his WWE career was more of a comedic character and we saw him evolve into a comedy but serious competitor. And IMO, that's what Santino will evolve into, as we have seen him SLOWLY evolve to much more than a comedy character.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
I know a lot of people here would hate on this but I wouldn't mind a push for Santino. The reason for his character is because he can work the crowd and the mic really well, and I think that could work in his favor should the WWE ever want to push him as a serious competitor.

Just imagine, a Santino that cuts a serious promo on someone and throws in a couple of jokes like Eddie or Rock would do. Would work IMO, he seems to have a pretty tight grip with the audience. Chances are we will never see this but its interesting to think about.

Also, to go slightly off-topic for a second. Del Rio and Santino were the final two in this years Rumble. Hows that for serious competition. :p

I bet not even one person in the world guessed that.

·
Registered
738 Posts
SPOILER ALERT And he's the second place in 2011's rumble, folks. /SPOILER ALERT

I am not a fan of comparing performers, but Santino sometimes is the only reason I have to watch RAW. He's that entertaining. Hoping to have an angle with him and Awesome Kong.

·
Banned
319 Posts
fpalm

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
He can't be taken seriously enough to be a top performer, the thing with Eddie was he could play a stereotypical comical Mexican type of character because he WAS Mexican. Santino isn't Italian, it's like having a white guy black up, it's never going to be World Championship material.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
I still think Santino is crap.
Agreed. And people that are over the age of 16 that think he or the Cobra is funny are idiots. Worst thing in pro wrestling.

Reactions: Chismo

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
I wanted Santino to throw Del Rio out. I don't know why, I just did. I really hope they push Santino at some point. He has the crowd on his side. I mean, the biggest pops in the Rumble last night were Booker T, Diesel, and Santino getting back into the ring at the end.

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,386 Posts
Actually believe it or not, Santino being the final guy in the ring at the rumble with Del Rio was signs that the WWE is considering giving him a push for a title run. If the Miz can get a push, then Santino will get one. He should have won the rumble.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Agreed. And people that are over the age of 16 that think he or the Cobra is funny are idiots. Worst thing in pro wrestling.
Not that i find the Cobra funny but you could say the same about The Worm
Everyone marked out for that back in the day and its just as bad

·
AWWWW! Wrestling forum... Don't you dare be sour..
2,386 Posts
The ish that happened last night wasn't even needed for an already epic rumble. Santino had a huge pop as if everyone thought the impossible was going to happen. Then they let Santino run around the ring like a bafoon because he hit his move. Come on, Santino could have been serious for one second and had possibly the biggest pop cheer in history. Which could then have been set up for a EC match for #1 contender between Del Rio and Santino...or something

·
WEF's #1 Oz Mark
10,785 Posts
Santino is a really great wrestler. He's got a lot of charisma, he's probably one of the best wrestlers in WWE currently, and he could be a great Main Eventer one day.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.