Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought it was quite funny to think that Santino Marella, the man who has been employed as the joke of the company for the past few years has to go down in WWE history as having one of the most successful debuts of all time. Defeating the, then monster of the company, Umaga and claiming the Intercontinental Championship on his debut.

Any thoughts on the irony of it and any other more successful debuts people can think of? I'm aware there are several that are far more impressive, Jericho, Lesnar, Cena to name a few but in terms of success I can't think of anyone else winning a championship on his debut.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Not sure, but I think Christian won a title on his debut as well.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Next thing we know, Akansa(Arkansa, whatever the hell her name is) is gonna win the WHC on her debut.

Due to the YOUNG LION SYSTEM! HOORAY FOR FCW-PRODUCED STARS!

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
He did indeed win the Light-Heavyweight title from Taka in his debut match. Doesn't compare to The Giant winning the WCW title on his debut though.
Of course it doesn't.

Just took a chance putting a small piece of Peep-formation out there :cool:

But anyway, so it doesn't get confused....

Big Show > Santino > Christian

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
Carlito won the United States Title on his debut against John Cena of all people. That alone should boost Carlito above Santino. Cena wasn't huge then, but nonetheless. Plus he went on to win the Intercontinental Title on his RAW debut against the 'future world champ' Shelton Benjamin.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
Carlito won the US TItle over JOHN FUCKING CENA in his debut. Carlito wins, lol!

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
How does Carlito winning the US Title over Cena rank higher than Big Show beating HULK HOGAN for the WCW World Title?

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
How does Carlito winning the US Title over Cena rank higher than Big Show beating HULK HOGAN for the WCW World Title?
It doesn't. But if I recall correctly (I think I do, but someone can correct me if I'm wrong), Show had already been around for several months in WCW, he just hadn't wrestled yet. Carlito won the title on his very first show. It still doesn't even touch Show's accomplishment, but it's something to ponder anyway.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Okay.

First of all.

Giant's first match was HH '95, against Hogan for the WCW World Title right?

He won that match, but he didn't win the title. He won by DQ.

Secondly, it was obvious that Lashley won the title FOR Santino.

Wouldn't call that successful.

Edit: Nevermind. You guys are right. He did win the title.

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
Sid when he came to the WWE for the first time, he imiedetly started a Feud with Hogan.

·
Premium Member
44,203 Posts
Well Giant's/Big Show's was bigger, but I was thinking only WWF/E history, not wrestling as a whole.

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
To add on to Carly's success, he won the intercontinental championship on his raw debut? does that count? :lmao

·
Young winger learning from greats such as Downing
9,856 Posts
If we're talking strictly WWE success, then it has to be Carlito, because he won the US Title on his WWE debut and then when he switched brands, won the Intercontinental Title on that debut.

But overall history, The Giant takes this in a landslide. Winning a World Title in your debut match is an untouchable accomplishment.

·
Registered
30 Posts
When I first watched Santino's debut I actually wanted him to win, now that he has been here for a while he does nothing but annoy me, I suppose he is not one of those people who continues to grow on you huh? As for his debut, Lashley did give a huge assist where as Show and Carlito actually used skill so not really that big a success IMO.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts