Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
The safe "it was great" similar to how Jericho and Dustin were "fuck you WWE is great and you fans are over analyzing" until they left and gave true feelings.

If you asked them privately off the record if they thought they've been used perfectly as a tag team, you're full of it if you think they'd say yeah.

As far as 10% surely you have these examples of them not getting reactions as heels. Because I've shown them getting reactions on a debut and for being heels. You've done nothing to back up they were cold prior to the Best Friends feud
wait, so even if they say publicly, in an interview that the IC has not held them back, that they only benefitted - you would still not believe it, as you think 100% they would say in private otherwise - but you can never prove or verify this opinion because you don’t know them - but i’m guessing you will vehemently argue that its right regardless?

mate… that is some millennial zoomer online shit right there

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
wait, so even if they say publicly, in an interview that the IC has not held them back, that they only benefitted - you would still not believe it, as you think 100% they would say in private otherwise - but you can never prove or verify this opinion because you don’t know them - but i’m guessing you will vehemently argue that its right regardless?

mate… that is some millennial zoomer online shit right there
Stop playing dumb. Like I said plenty of wrestlers have defended shit for the company they work for, only to change their tune when they leave. Case in point we can look at many tweets and blurbs of Jericho, Miro, and Goldust defending WWE writing while employed there. Only to change their tune when gone.

Do you think a tag team, that's proud of being a legit tag team is proud that they've been irrelevant to the actual tag title scene for pretty much their entire run? Instead of being a premier tag team they've been in a stable that spent a year winning nothing of note.

Extra Extra AEW an talent changing their tune

Miro

“Just because Corey Graves doesn’t like it or somebody else it doesn’t mean anything. Obviously, the numbers speak for itself, we’re the highest-viewed YouTube video in a long, long time. I’m stoked about it.

We have fans that are not even fans of WWE that tune in because they like the drama. That’s what I don’t understand, when you watch Game of Thrones or any of your favorite shows there’s always a scandal, there’s always things like that. That’s why I don’t understand why some people are trying to reject that.

It’s just those super ultra fans in their basement that are trying to reject it, which it is what it is, you know, if you don’t like it, you don’t have to watch it.”

After leaving

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
Stop playing dumb. Like I said plenty of wrestlers have defended shit for the company they work for, only to change their tune when they leave. Case in point we can look at many tweets and blurbs of Jericho, Miro, and Goldust defending WWE writing while employed there. Only to change their tune when gone.

Do you think a tag team, that's proud of being a legit tag team is proud that they've been irrelevant to the actual tag title scene for pretty much their entire run? Instead of being a premier tag team they've been in a stable that spent a year winning nothing of note.

Extra Extra AEW an talent changing their tune

Miro
i think they spent the entirety of their run in a top faction

besides, i don‘t just play dumb…. I work very hard at it ;)

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
i think they spent the entirety of their run in a top faction

besides, i don‘t just play dumb…. I work very hard at it ;)
for the last part.

But nah the majority of the IC at this point is a midcard stable. It's basically the Tyreke Evans or Roy Hibbert of stables

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
for the last part.

But nah the majority of the IC at this point is a midcard stable. It's basically the Tyreke Evans or Roy Hibbert of stables
they have muuultiple main event spots…. C’mon mate - don’t like it - its 100% fine

but to think they weren’t elevated by association with Jericho….. c’moooooooonnnn broooooo

·
Registered
29,186 Posts
they have muuultiple main event spots…. C’mon mate - don’t like it - its 100% fine

but to think they weren’t elevated by association with Jericho….. c’moooooooonnnn broooooo
When there's 56 TV and PPV main events a year that spot really isn't that exclusive enough to say less than a handful of tag matches makes them used well.

They weren't elevated by hanging with Jericho. Sammy Guevara was because he was an irrelevant panda head wearing nobody beforehand. Being associated Jericho helped him out. Hager and PnP have elevated nothing by associating with Jericho. PnP signing with AEW was seen as a good decision because WWE did and does ruin most tag teams. But in reality them signing with AEW hasn't resulted in them actually doing shit as a tag team.

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
When there's 56 TV and PPV main events a year that spot really isn't that exclusive enough to say less than a handful of tag matches makes them used well.

They weren't elevated by hanging with Jericho. Sammy Guevara was because he was an irrelevant panda head wearing nobody beforehand. Being associated Jericho helped him out. Hager and PnP have elevated nothing by associating with Jericho. PnP signing with AEW was seen as a good decision because WWE did and does ruin most tag teams. But in reality them signing with AEW hasn't resulted in them actually doing shit as a tag team.
i think we’ll just go round in circles from here - i just disagree / can’t say much more than that🤷‍♂️

·
Banned
10,498 Posts
Ps> admittedly…. I just watched their debut - pop was a lot louder than i remember

it was the quiet during their beatdown waiting for the reveal that i remembered - so you’re right - their reaction was good

more than 10% knew who they were

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
I think I would prefer to see Santana go solo and could be a part of some type of super 6 pack of stars if aew where able to book such a thing.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts