Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Good for her! NXT can certainly use more women at the moment

We can exclusively confirm that WWE has signed Santana Garrett to a developmental contract with the company.

The 31-year-old from Ocala, Florida is one of the most decorated female wrestlers in North America having won the NWA World Women’s Championship, Shine Championship, Shine Tag Team Championship, WOW Championship, WOW Tag Team Championship, Wonder of Stardom Championship, and many more titles in her career. She has also won the 2016 STARDOM international Grand Prix tournament and has won the Cauliflower Alley Club 2014 Future Legend Award & 2018 Women’s Wrestling Award.

Santana is a former IMPACT Wrestling Knockout having signed with the company back in 2014 where she was known as Brittany. She had feuds with Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, and The Beautiful People as well as aligning herself with Sam Shaw for a brief run before she left the company.

She is no stranger to WWE, having made several appearances within the company. In September 2013, Garrett made the first of her many appearances in NXT where she faced Charlotte accompanied by Bayley in a losing effort. In 2016 she made three appearances on NXT, losing to Asuka, Emma, and Billie Kay. In 2017, Garrett returned as part of the Mae Young Classic, being eliminated from the tournament in the first round by Piper Niven. She then appeared in a six-woman tag team match, teaming with Marti Belle and Sarah Logan against Jazzy Gabert, Kay Lee Ray, and Tessa Blanchard. She returned to NXT in October of 2017 participating in a battle royal which was won by Nikki Cross to determine one of the contenders for the vacant NXT Women’s Championship at NXT TakeOver: WarGames. In 2018 she returned to NXT where she was defeated by Dakota Kai.
So it starts off talking about what a decorated female wrestler she is and then goes on to describe all her WWE related matches, all losses :lol

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
FINALLY!!

She's had a similar path to Beth Phoenix considering how long of a road it was. Enjoyed all her jobber matches in NXT and even her time in TNA. She has a great diva look but isn't a slouch in the ring. Can't wait to see her in NXT. Hope she gets to stay as Santana Garrett and they don't change her name.

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
With their women's division being as meh as it is it really brings to light just how bad they dropped the ball on this. The person in charge of their talent relations should be reevaluated as its clear they aren't very good at their job lol.
LOL. I have never heard of Santana Garrett. AEW should really be embarrassed to miss such a crucial free agent. I can´t wait for the Chicago fans chanting we want Garrett at CM Punk. :crying:

Good for her! NXT can certainly use more women at the moment

So it starts off talking about what a decorated female wrestler she is and then goes on to describe all her WWE related matches, all losses :lol
Maybe setting her up for 1-2-3 girl gimmick.

·
Registered
11,795 Posts
LOL. I have never heard of Santana Garrett. AEW should really be embarrassed to miss such a crucial free agent. I can´t wait for the Chicago fans chanting we want Garrett at CM Punk. :crying:
If you actually read the post I quoted there was more then one women's name mentioned, but sure just focus on one of the three.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
With their women's division being as meh as it is it really brings to light just how bad they dropped the ball on this. The person in charge of their talent relations should be reevaluated as its clear they aren't very good at their job lol.
Tenille hasn't exactly set the world alight let's be honest. A lot of the love for her comes from fan's of her NXT work. She wasn't exactly blowing people away in WWE or ROH. Plus she had a pretty bad illness that probably come back here or there.

Santana, will she be a superstar. I doubt it she's a mid carder at best.

People need to stop going OTT.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,534 Posts
This feels long overdue, yet it also doesn't feel like a good thing that someone has signed with the WWE. 99% chance her career is just her being fed to a garbage ass WWE chosen one.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
This feels long overdue, yet it also doesn't feel like a good thing that someone has signed with the WWE. 99% chance her career is just her being fed to a garbage ass WWE chosen one.
So, is this a long overdue signing or a we're overloaded with people on the PC roster doing nothing, overloaded with many people on the NXT roster doing nothing, overloaded with many people on the main roster doing nothing but we're hiring you to avoid you possibly going to AEW signing?

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,534 Posts
So, is this a long overdue signing or a we're overloaded with people on the PC roster doing nothing, overloaded with many people on the NXT roster doing nothing, overloaded with many people on the main roster doing nothing but we're hiring you to avoid you possibly going to AEW signing?
The second option seems most likely.

She will just be another body on the roster that they don't care about and won't use, but it stops anyone else getting them.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
I think she join the likes of Deonna, Rachel Ellering and Chelsea Green (before their injuries) as just been there and not been used. Who'd probably would have done better in AEW imo. She isn't someone I'd personally push as a top female star, she's a good looking woman and a decent talent but she's not championship or main event material for NXT imo. She's another one I think who'd probably would be better suited for the main roster.

She's someone who probably knows she won't be a top star like the ones I mentioned above but just been in WWE is their goal really and whatever else comes about is a plus.

·
Premium Member
18,164 Posts
Legit surprised they didn’t snap her up after the MYC. Easily looked like one of the best athletes in the whole thing. Excited to see her perform

·
Registered
5,439 Posts
If you actually read the post I quoted there was more then one women's name mentioned, but sure just focus on one of the three.
Never heard of Kiera Hogan either. Emma signed with TNA. So what?

AEW already has 11 women on their roster page. You figure Ivelisse will stay with either LAX or Lucha Bros. You´ll have to assume Tessa Blanchard will end up there eventually. Then they have the regular imports from Japan. You cannot write storylines for all these women based on a two hour show.

Why would AEW overblow their main roster even further?

Smaller roster = happy talent = less personnel costs.

·
Don't get between a wolf & its prey!
14,362 Posts
About fucking time :mark

Reactions: Southerner

·
Registered
172 Posts
Great news. She is an excellent wrestler, who can give a lot of visibility to the female roster. WWE just needs know to use it well.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
August 2019 WWE fans:

:mark: :mark: :mark: :mark:
"OMG She's awesome"
"About f*cking time"
"Sexy as hell"
"Been waiting for this for years"
"She has IT"
"Pure superstar quality"
"Great in-ring"
"F*ck you AEW"
October 2019 WWE fans:

:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2:cry2
"So overated"
"Why is she getting such a huge push over Candice"
"She's got a bit of a flabby belly, its disgusting"
"What a charima vacuum, she's no Lacy"
"Pure Indy trash, WTF"
"Wish she would f*ck off to AEW"

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
AEW is more concerned with signing friends of Cody and the Bucks than they are signing talent with upside

21 - 39 of 39 Posts