Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We can exclusively confirm that WWE has signed Santana Garrett to a developmental contract with the company.

The 31-year-old from Ocala, Florida is one of the most decorated female wrestlers in North America having won the NWA World Women’s Championship, Shine Championship, Shine Tag Team Championship, WOW Championship, WOW Tag Team Championship, Wonder of Stardom Championship, and many more titles in her career. She has also won the 2016 STARDOM international Grand Prix tournament and has won the Cauliflower Alley Club 2014 Future Legend Award & 2018 Women’s Wrestling Award.

Santana is a former IMPACT Wrestling Knockout having signed with the company back in 2014 where she was known as Brittany. She had feuds with Gail Kim, Madison Rayne, and The Beautiful People as well as aligning herself with Sam Shaw for a brief run before she left the company.

She is no stranger to WWE, having made several appearances within the company. In September 2013, Garrett made the first of her many appearances in NXT where she faced Charlotte accompanied by Bayley in a losing effort. In 2016 she made three appearances on NXT, losing to Asuka, Emma, and Billie Kay. In 2017, Garrett returned as part of the Mae Young Classic, being eliminated from the tournament in the first round by Piper Niven. She then appeared in a six-woman tag team match, teaming with Marti Belle and Sarah Logan against Jazzy Gabert, Kay Lee Ray, and Tessa Blanchard. She returned to NXT in October of 2017 participating in a battle royal which was won by Nikki Cross to determine one of the contenders for the vacant NXT Women’s Championship at NXT TakeOver: WarGames. In 2018 she returned to NXT where she was defeated by Dakota Kai.
Source: http://squaredcirclesirens.com/santana-garrett-signs-with-wwe/

·
Southern Pride
3,412 Posts
Yesssssss! :mark: Finally!

Been waiting a long time for this news.

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,993 Posts
For years fans have been calling for her to be signed, I was thinking it was never going to happen like maybe she had a shady history like Gabi/Raquel. Now that she has been signed she can't disappoint her supporters like Mia and up until last Saturday, Candice.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I'm happy for her, always liked her and that's not just because she's attractive. Santana always has had star appeal, sex appeal and she's usually easy to get over, but it's the kind of appeals that you have to market to the audience in a particular way as she's a very white hat, smiling and confident babyface type that gives off positive energy.

It could be done right, but with WWE I have my doubts because their track record of writing/handling babyfaces haven't gone so well. Few Faces on the women's NXT roster are super over right now and that's mainly due to the creative dept.

Anyways, Santana's fundamentals are usually crisp, and her work is very American, old schoolish fare. Beyond this, she isn't an airblazing daredevil like Io or a KLR, or a mat wizard like Shayna but at best she can hang with most girls; her past matches with Tessa Blanchard, Deonna Purrazzo, Jordynne Grace, etc. certainly prove that. Such is why should be comfortable on NXT, where the workrate is higher than main. But really, Santana is the kind of wrestler that's tailor made for main roster WWE style work.

If she's booked right, she's a high mid-carder for sure. I wouldn't say top rung material though, and plus she's in major crowded company.

·
Registered
4,550 Posts
Good signing she's a talented lady. Shame they didn't sign her earlier.

She's not the kind of get that Tessa will(for wherever she goes post Impact or if she truly stays long term) be(and I'm sure WWE is regretting missing that boat) but Santana is a 2a or 2b type talent IMO ash she has chops in the ring.

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
Damn AEW going 0-3 in the last signing where women are concerned(Tenille Dashwood, Kiera Hogan and now Santana Garrett)
With their women's division being as meh as it is it really brings to light just how bad they dropped the ball on this. The person in charge of their talent relations should be reevaluated as its clear they aren't very good at their job lol.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts