Votes: 8 57.1%
  • Ninja

Votes: 6 42.9%
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts
Re: Samurays vs Ninjas

I think a Ninja has more knowledge in sword fighting, martial arts, and all that other good stuff. I also think they are more equipped. I don't know, that's just what I think. So I am gonna say, Ninja.

·
Registered
782 Posts

I think a Ninja has more knowledge in sword fighting, martial arts, and all that other good stuff. I also think they are more equipped. I don't know, that's just what I think. So I am gonna say, Ninja.
Very very wrong. Samurai were master swordsmen. Ninjas didn't fight up close and were more attuned to stealth. Their equiptment is also paltry compared to a (lol) samuray's.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts

Samurai would actually be way more knowledgeable in sword fighting. Ninjas are usually trained mostly in martial arts and improvised weaponry. Real ninjas didn't wield katans like in the movies, their weapons are small and improvised and easily concealed. Remember they are supposed to be sneaky and a big ass 4 foot sword is not inconspicuous. Samurai are usually part of an army with an armory filled with talented blacksmiths to make armor and weapons.

The ninja has the upper hand 'cause they don't fight fair. Samurai are trained in traditional war combat, ninjas do what ever the fuck they can to kill you. However a defaulted samurai who becomes an assassin/ninja is extremely dangerous.

·
SWAG/SPICE
26,781 Posts

Very very wrong. Samurai were master swordsmen. Ninjas didn't fight up close and were more attuned to stealth. Their equiptment is also paltry compared to a (lol) samuray's.
Ninja's aren't close range fighters in anyway? Man, I need to stop watching Naruto. :lmao

Anyway, I stand corrected.

Edit: Also read @Hardkor's post.

·
Banned
1,787 Posts

Tampa Bay SamuRay's are winning the world series.
Everybody Loves SamuRaymond is my favorite show.
SamuRay from Ghostbuster, was Dan Akroid.
I just got a new Blue-SamuRay version of Donnie Darko.
The sun's SamuRay's are beating down on my neck.
SamuRayquaza is my favorite pokemon.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts

Well considering Samurais have been around longer than nijas I am going with Samurais although I like ninjas more, Samurai were the law and ninjas started out as farmers trying to protect their land from wealthy land barons, that is also where the begining of using anything at hand began for the ninja, they would disguise their farm tools and when samurai would come to take their land for the land baron they could now fight bacjk, then of course it evolved through the years and they became assasins but there origin was much more mundane

·
Banned
15,929 Posts

Samurais, all the way. Ninjas were just pathetic mercenary pieces of shit who worked for money. Samurais represented true fighting spirit of Nippon.

·
Damn Fine Cup of Coffee
12,952 Posts
It depends. Some ninja's are young amateurs and would be unprepared for a devoted samurai. Some samurai's wouldn't even see a good ninja coming. Samurai's are trained in far more than just the katana. They can go hand to hand too.

The thing is that the samurai is a WARRIOR. They prefer honorable battle face to face. Ninja's are ASSASSINS. They want to do the killing silently and will find anyway to do it.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I would imagine it would come down to each individual combatant, but I would bet blindly on a Samurai in a open field sword fight.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.