Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
3,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source: PWInsider
Former TNA champion Samoa Joe's TNA contract has expired, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.
The word making the rounds is that Joe will be working tonight's Final Resolution PPV and this week's Impact tapings as he and the company negotiate the terms of a new deal.

Joe has been with TNA since 2005.
Whilst I expect Joe to renew his contract, there's always the outside chance of the WWE offering him something.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Samoa Joe will stay with TNA because it's obvious WWE wouldn't know how to use him. That ROH isn't taken seriously and can't afford to keep people with talent.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am not sure if Joe will resign.....

He has been very frustrated as late!

He could sign ROH who would use him loads
Better, his good friend Chris is there, well I guess
We will have to wait and see :(

I also feel when AJ's contract is up, he won't
resign either and probably will sign up with ROH!!

·
Banned
295 Posts
Should have closed the thread with less replies, in my opinion. Anyway, I'm curious how this will play into his match wins/losses until he does actually sign again officially.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Per my thread:

If true, I have no doubt that Joe's re-signing, but should he re-sign? ROH can't really offer him the pay that WWE or TNA could. WWE would nerf Joe's moveset and give him a lame gimmick, but their recent push with younger talent could actually give Joe a chance to shine.

All of this is of course hypothetical, since I cannot see Joe leaving TNA.

My main question is what's in Joe's best interest. WWE now is doing pretty good with Bryan, Punk, and Kaval is being given decent exposure. Being Samoan works against him since WWE could potentially do another Umaga-type angle.

I think TNA is never going to give Joe another good run with the title, and they seem incapable of making him credible anymore. Joe coming in was booked as an unbeatable monster and really sold it well, but once beaten by Kurt, he was no longer unbeatable, and I believe lost quite often after that.

ROH would be the best place for Joe character wise, but as far as money, he's probably best in TNA (good pay and no risks of WWE).

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well if TNA are keen enough to re-sign Eric Young when his contracted expired, then I have no doubt that they'll want to re-sign Samoa Joe ASAP, if they haven't done it already. Unless he declines...:shocked:

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Joe needs to get the hell out of TNA. They already fucked him up way too much and seeing as Hogan and Bischoff arn't leaving anytime soon, Joes career will probably continue to go nowhere.

Samoa Joe will stay with TNA because it's obvious WWE wouldn't know how to use him. That ROH isn't taken seriously and can't afford to keep people with talent.
I find this REALLY hard to believe. TNA has completely killed the badass aura Joe once had. Its so pathetic I'm sure even a company like the WWE could use him better.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
I really hope Joe doesn't re-sign with TNA. I'd love to see him take some time off from mainstream wrestling and have a few matches in the indy's (DGUSA, ROH, PWG, Evolve, etc). After that, he should see how much he's worth in WWE. I really think WWE would use him correctly. They're on fire this year when it comes to pushing young talent. That cannot be denied.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I find this REALLY hard to believe. TNA has completely killed the badass aura Joe once had. Its so pathetic I'm sure even a company like the WWE could use him better.
WWE used Umaga really well for the most part, despite the stereotypical gimmick.

·
Man Who's Got a Machine Gun
3,855 Posts
WWE used Umaga really well for the most part, despite the stereotypical gimmick.
I don't think that was a stereotypical gimmick. I think it was the best gimmick for Fatu to work with. It worked really well for him. If he had just kept his 3MW gimmick, he wouldn't have gone anywhere. Instead, he used the Umaga gimmick and had a ton of memorable matches with Cena, Punk, Hardy, and others. RIP

I don't think WWE would think they need to do anything different with Joe. They'd change his attire (and probably do a better job of that than TNA did), but that's probably about it.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
if wwe offers him a decent contract i think joe should run there. its obvious that tna doesnt know how to use him and have no intention of making him champion or any other tna originals. Jow should go to wwe where theyll see his talents and use him correctly like theyve done with cm punk and are currently doing with daniel bryan.

·
Banned
295 Posts
I don't think that was a stereotypical gimmick. I think it was the best gimmick for Fatu to work with. It worked really well for him. If he had just kept his 3MW gimmick, he wouldn't have gone anywhere. Instead, he used the Umaga gimmick and had a ton of memorable matches with Cena, Punk, Hardy, and others. RIP

I don't think WWE would think they need to do anything different with Joe. They'd change his attire (and probably do a better job of that than TNA did), but that's probably about it.
It was stereotypical in that the gimmick was a Samoan Savage that spoke gibberish. I loved Umaga and was really sad when he died. I'll never forget his match with John Cena at the Royal Rumble. :(

1 - 20 of 92 Posts