Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
AJ in his first WWE title reigns had consecutive losses to James Ellsworth, and in his second WWE title run, I'm pretty sure he won the title at a live event and rarely main evented ppvs or even Smackdowns. Basically he was made to look bad, not to mention that failure of a feud with Nakamura . Not to mention was anyone really picking AJ to go over the Undertaker at Wrestlemania this year? I sure wasn't and well, face it they treat AJ as a B level talent. Similar to how they treat Ziggler and the Miz. Defintely below Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns, and Wyatt that's forsure.

Also look at how Roode, Aries, Storm, Lashley, Rayne, Vega, and numerous other former TNA talents have been booked. So being a former TNA talent maybe a factor, if Samoa Joe doesn't get a world title reign.
WTF

AJ Styles has had a WWE career that many would kill for.

• 511 days as WWE Champion
  • Storylines with John Cena, Roman Reigns, Chris Jericho and Dean Ambrose on his 1st year in the company.
  • 5 consecutive years having a single WM match, with his own storyline.
  • Has been wanked to oblivion by commentary since his debut.
  • He and Ric Flair has been the only big stars than WWE hasn't shitted on their work pre-WWE.
And all those names listed were never as big as AJ Styles was prior to signing with WWE.

AJ Styles last TNA memory it's winning the TNA Championship on Bound For Glory maint event, Samoa Joe last memory in TNA was being enhacement talent for the X division talent...

If Joe never wins a world title it's not because he is a former TNA talent, it's because he signed with WWE 10 years too late.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Joe is great but it is a little too late for him.

He also should have taken better care of his body by losing some weight while he was getting older. He looks now as big as he ever was.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
If he could keep himself fit and stop getting injured so often, then sure. But as of right now, WWE can't trust him to be champion, too unreliable to stay fit.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
He was a little unlucky that he got pretty hot in 2017 and maybe in another time he would have won the title but Lesnar vs Reigns WM34 was already set in stone so he missed out.

Similarly in 2018 he had a good chance of being the one to end AJ Styles reign but once Daniel Bryan was cleared it was inevitable that Bryan would get a run with the title so Joe missed out there too.

And recent years he seems to pick up a lot of injuries and now the wellness violation, it just seems like his time is coming to an end but you never know. He certainly has the talent and I think they should push him as a babyface when gets back. But I would not blame Vince if he does not see Joe as a priority at this point in his career.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,624 Posts
Joe has always been the better wrestler in my eyes.
Compared to AJ he's a better promo and has a threatening aura to him that sells his storylines easier for the build up but as an In Ring performer he's never been on AJ's level but then again it depends on the fan in question, Joe makes it look like he'll tear you apart but AJ fits the bill in an entertainment emphasized environment it's like comparing Bret Hart with his more legit looking offense to Shawn's more stage like performances and generally the latter is what people are looking for on a show that's not legit sports.

·
Registered
7,561 Posts
Joe's a fantastic worker, and I really wish they'd pulled more of a trigger on him five years ago when he first signed and was so goddamn awesome. He can talk, he can work, he is believable. He should have been the guy to beat Cena for the US Title in 2015, then come out on Raw and said "The champ is here." Now? He's been hurt so much, he's been popped for a Wellness violation. I still love the guy, but it's hard to get enthused. Honestly, I think he's going to be a carpenter until the day he moves into commentary for the WWE full-time.

·
Premium Member
4,065 Posts
Samoa Joe is fantastic - just he's unreliable at this point.
To me though, I was always more of an AJ guy. The guy has it all.
Will definitely go down as one of the all-time greats. One day.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts