Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It probably won’t happen but I would love to see Samoa Joe get a WWE championship run. The thing that is holding him back is he gets injured a lot. He’s been injured 4-5 times since coming to the main roster. He’s not getting any younger either. He’s already 41 and I think he only has about 5 years left in him. But, they still give AJ Styles big matches and I’m sure he will be the WWE champion again before he retires, so maybe if Joe can stay injury free they might give him a run as WWE or Universal Champion.

·
Registered
338 Posts
It probably won’t happen but I would love to see Samoa Joe get a WWE championship run. The thing that is holding him back is he gets injured a lot. He’s been injured 4-5 times since coming to the main roster. He’s not getting any younger either. He’s already 41 and I think he only has about 5 years left in him. But, they still give AJ Styles big matches and I’m sure he will be the WWE champion again before he retires, so maybe if Joe can stay injury free they might give him a run as WWE or Universal Champion.
They always tried to make Joe seem like a bigger deal than AJ in TNA, but finally things are in their proper place

·
Registered
991 Posts
I don’t think if Samoa Joe was healthy they would push him. I think they would use him, but not get a push like AJ. He would be the guy to put others over. Not the guy to win the main title.

·
Banned
839 Posts
Samoa Joe needs to lose weight and stop getting injured first, only then will he deserve a reign as the 24/7 or IC champion. I suggest he should try DDPYoga and cut down on the fries/fried chicken/pizza.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Coming from one of the biggest Joe marks you're gonna find, its never gonna happen. He's too injury prone now to put any belts on him let alone the main title of the company.

Still wondering what would've happened if he signed in 2005. Maybe then he could've gotten at least one run with the belt.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
They always tried to make Joe seem like a bigger deal than AJ in TNA, but finally things are in their proper place
Nah, Samoa Joe has always been a better wrestler in my eyes compared to Styles. He’s way better on the mic too and has a character.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I don’t think if Samoa Joe was healthy they would push him. I think they would use him, but not get a push like AJ. He would be the guy to put others over. Not the guy to win the main title.
Joe has always been the better wrestler in my eyes.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Coming from one of the biggest Joe marks you're gonna find, its never gonna happen. He's too injury prone now to put any belts on him let alone the main title of the company.

Still wondering what would've happened if he signed in 2005. Maybe then he could've gotten at least one run with the belt.

Honestly I say never say never and why not? They had Kofi, Jinder Mahal, and a luke warm Bray Wyatt win the WWE title, so why not Samoa Joe?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Honestly I say never say never and why not? They had Kofi, Jinder Mahal, and a luke warm Bray Wyatt win the WWE title, so why not Samoa Joe?
Because, like I said in my earlier post, he's injury prone. After coming back from having a concussion, he had one match before being put on the shelf again with yet another concussion. That, and since he always gets himself hurt by the time 'Mania comes around, I think Joe's chance at becoming champ is far beyond reach its limit.

Trust me, as much as I want Joe to be champ and as much as he deserves it over 90% of the roster, it won't happen.

·
Banned
79 Posts
Because, like I said in my earlier post, he's injury prone. After coming back from having a concussion, he had one match before being put on the shelf again with yet another concussion. That, and since he always gets himself hurt by the time 'Mania comes around, I think Joe's chance at becoming champ is far beyond reach its limit.

Trust me, as much as I want Joe to be champ and as much as he deserves it over 90% of the roster, it won't happen.

In 2013 when Jinder Mahal was a member of 3mb how many people thought he would be a future WWE champion?

The other thing you are not mentioning is that Joe is a TNA guy, WWE is generally very unkind to former TNA talent in records to accolades and booking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
In 2013 when Jinder Mahal was a member of 3mb how many people thought he would be a future WWE champion?

The other thing you are not mentioning is that Joe is a TNA guy, WWE is generally very unkind to former TNA talent in records to accolades and booking.
The reason I'm not saying that being a TNA guy was going to cost him is because AJ Styles is literally one of the FOTCs right now so I wouldn't be holding my breath on that.

And the only reason Jinder ever became champion was to open up their way into the Indian market, which failed spectacularly.

·
Banned
79 Posts
The reason I'm not saying that being a TNA guy was going to cost him is because AJ Styles is literally one of the FOTCs right now so I wouldn't be holding my breath on that.

And the only reason Jinder ever became champion was to open up their way into the Indian market, which failed spectacularly.

AJ in his first WWE title reigns had consecutive losses to James Ellsworth, and in his second WWE title run, I'm pretty sure he won the title at a live event and rarely main evented ppvs or even Smackdowns. Basically he was made to look bad, not to mention that failure of a feud with Nakamura . Not to mention was anyone really picking AJ to go over the Undertaker at Wrestlemania this year? I sure wasn't and well, face it they treat AJ as a B level talent. Similar to how they treat Ziggler and the Miz. Defintely below Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns, and Wyatt that's forsure.

Also look at how Roode, Aries, Storm, Lashley, Rayne, Vega, and numerous other former TNA talents have been booked. So being a former TNA talent maybe a factor, if Samoa Joe doesn't get a world title reign.

Now to advocate for Joe, people seem to like him and well there have been less deserving world champions. Maybe he gets a title run as a monster heel?

Now if we placing bets, I completely agree with you in that, I don't think Joe will ever be WWE or Universal Champion in his WWE career although like I said before, I also in 2013 didn't pick Jinder Mahal for a future WWE Champion either.

To take it back even further in 2003 when Bryan and Cena had a random singles match on Velocity, who thought ten years later that those two would main event Summerslam?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

That’s because you got people in there like AOP that have no business slamming him on his head because they aren’t strong enough to properly lift him.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
AJ in his first WWE title reigns had consecutive losses to James Ellsworth, and in his second WWE title run, I'm pretty sure he won the title at a live event and rarely main evented ppvs or even Smackdowns. Basically he was made to look bad, not to mention that failure of a feud with Nakamura . Not to mention was anyone really picking AJ to go over the Undertaker at Wrestlemania this year? I sure wasn't and well, face it they treat AJ as a B level talent. Similar to how they treat Ziggler and the Miz. Defintely below Lesnar, Rollins, Reigns, and Wyatt that's forsure.

Also look at how Roode, Aries, Storm, Lashley, Rayne, Vega, and numerous other former TNA talents have been booked. So being a former TNA talent maybe a factor, if Samoa Joe doesn't get a world title reign.

Now to advocate for Joe, people seem to like him and well there have been less deserving world champions. Maybe he gets a title run as a monster heel?

Now if we placing bets, I completely agree with you in that, I don't think Joe will ever be WWE or Universal Champion in his WWE career although like I said before, I also in 2013 didn't pick Jinder Mahal for a future WWE Champion either.

To take it back even further in 2003 when Bryan and Cena had a random singles match on Velocity, who thought ten years later that those two would main event Summerslam?
Killer Kross is a former Impact guy, they better not bury him. There are 3 people in fact they better not bury. Aleister Black, Killer Kross, and Johnny Gargano.

·
Registered
198 Posts

Wins and losses mean nothing to WWE so him being booked like crap doesn't really have a valid point. On Raw, we saw a complete nobody in Apollo Crews take on Aleister Black, who beat AJ just a few months ago, in a competitive match.

And when Bryan and Cena were in that match at Velocity, besides the people who watch indy wrestling or ROH, nobody knew who Bryan was and Cena was a jobber preparing to have a rap battle with Jay-Z at WrestleMania XIX. If Lesnar never left in 2004 and the fans hadn't booed Batista out of the building at the 2014 Rumble, Cena nor Bryan would never be anywhere close to the stars they are today. They were replacements when the original FOTC either left or was vehemently hated by the fans. And judging by the latter's case, it doesn't seem likely that another miracle is going to happen with Joe.

I never wanted to eat my own words so bad, but Joe's done with the main event scene for good. And the sad thing is none of it is his fault. It's just because Vince is too stubborn in order to push new talent that doesn't have "the look" or isn't kissing his ass 24/7 with the times that he did listen to the fans, their reigns sucked due to bad booking.

·
Registered
198 Posts
That’s because you got people in there like AOP that have no business slamming him on his head because they aren’t strong enough to properly lift him.
I'm not saying it was Joe's fault and I don't blame AOP for it either. I blame the company for placing Joe in this kind of position to begin with after just recently having a concussion. Yet, knowing Vince, he would still likely place the blame on Joe anyway in order to divert it from himself.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts