Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Both him and KO have been doing great I would love Drew to win the title at mania so we can have feuds like Drew vs KO , Drew vs Joe, Drew vs Seth etc.

Joe isn’t still too old for wrestling standards so I think he still has a good 2-3 years left on top, hopefully he gets at least a transitional 2-4 months reign before he retires

·
Registered
89 Posts
Should have gone over Brock in their feud, he was the hottest thing going at that point & through his promos he made people legit think he was a monster & was going over Brock.

Ridiculous that he got squashed in that match too after starting hot putting Brock through the announce table.

·
Registered
7,457 Posts
You can't be a legend if you don't have a world title reign. He SHOULD be a legend. Should be. He's never going to get the respect he deserves.
Samoa Joe becoming World Champion in 2020 confirmed.

*For all you newer guys out there, this user has an amazing track record of predictions:
Christian will never be World Champion.
Bray Wyatt will never be World Champion.
Bray Wyatt will never be World Champion again.
Asuka will never be Women's Champion on the main roster.

And many more. So, Samoa Joe fans, rejoice.

·
Registered
39 Posts
He's class, really does have everything in my opinion and I agree with you in the sense that I wish he had a ME run. Imagine if he was given the wins over Lesnar instead of Rollins? The guy would look unstoppable man.

Like they had an opportunity to essentially build a full time Lesnar (to an extent) but never, which is disappointing. Despite his loses he never seems to lose credibility which is a huge praise towards his character and promo work. The way carries himself, total asskicker. Just ashame that WWE never gave him the wins or the booking to back it up.

·
Registered
459 Posts
He has long been one of my favorites. Absolutely a legend, his title defense vs Angle at Lockdown is the all time best buyrate in TNA history.

Manchild!!1

·
Registered
655 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of joe than me. Thad being said, the harsh reality is he made it to the big stage about 10 years too late.

Too many injuries, too old, too much weight being lugged around on too many dates on the road. If he keeps going, he's going to keep getting hurt. Can't ever see them having the faith to put a main title on him under these circumstances.

Sad but true..

·
IRAN #1
2,217 Posts
Never been a fan.. He''s not getting the World Title because he's hurt all the fucking time. They can't push somebody they can't trust to stay healthy.

·
Registered
99 Posts
You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger fan of joe than me. Thad being said, the harsh reality is he made it to the big stage about 10 years too late.

Too many injuries, too old, too much weight being lugged around on too many dates on the road. If he keeps going, he's going to keep getting hurt. Can't ever see them having the faith to put a main title on him under these circumstances.

Sad but true..
He was about the same age with AJ Styles in fact he’s abit younger than him. And AJ came about the same time joe came but got 2 long title reigns and was the face of Smackdown for 3 years .

·
Registered
655 Posts
He was about the same age with AJ Styles in fact he’s abit younger than him. And AJ came about the same time joe came but got 2 long title reigns and was the face of Smackdown for 3 years .

How many times has Joe been hurt vs how many times aj has been hurt?

It doesn't bother me but we know how body image is viewed in wwe. I love him, but Joe isn't winning any body building contests.

And age is indeed a factor but so is mileage. Which leads us back to my first question.

Totally different scenario

·
Registered
281 Posts
He's always been a legend, but his time in TNA made him feel like his potential was being squandered. Come NXT and the reports say that he is there to stay to enhance younger talent. The fact he's on the main event scene on Raw is actually a miracle.

Being held back aside, the guy is great in the ring, looks very unique and can cut an awesome promo. He is a legend and deserves at least one world title run.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,457 Posts
Joe is and always has been a legit beast in wrestling he's not at the top of my personal list but I've always relied on his performances to impress me, I agree with most on here in that he should have beaten Brock already, The rub Joe would have gotten is made for a guy like him.

·
Premium Member
4,017 Posts
😂 Let's not pee our knickers just yet, he's been portrayed as an oversize jobber and will remain one until he actually, ya know, wins something.

·
Registered
446 Posts
He's the best. Always been. Criminally overlooked by WWE and TNA. Hopefully he'll have at least one world title reign.
Not TNA, they give that man lots of pushes. Some of the best title runs and feuds have involved Samoa Joe. If there wasn't AJ, or Bully Ray, there was Samoa Joe. He's in WWE now because that company is more secure job wise, while TNA was sinking like the Titantic. Unfortunately because he's not WWE made, it'll take him much longer to get to the spot he wants to be in. AJ is an exception...

Vince will see that Joe is great. Joe shines REALLY brightly as a heel though, especially for those really dark storylines that he does.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts