Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in the last 2 years Joe was phoning in his performance, gotten fatter and being in bad storyline ang angles like him getting kidnapped by ninjas, being jobbed out by Jeff Jarrett, his feud with The Pope, and his losing streak in the BFG series that went nowhere, 2012 he was in a tag team with Magnus, had an awesome match with Aries, losing a little weight, gotten more motivated and going to be in Noah this year so what do you think

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
The weight thing with Joe I don't buy, Joe is a big guy. A few pounds here or there mean little. As for motivation that is something but at the same time I really don't buy that much either. At times it may be true but I think Joe performs well every time I see him. The difference though is who he is in the ring with. If Joe is in short matches with duds than the match will suck, if he is in there with someone good and given time the matches tend to be fine.

·
HEADBANGA
23,498 Posts
One of the biggest let downs in TNA right now. He is the prime example of them pushing a guy as hard as they can only to drop him into obscurity. It's absurd to be honest.

·
Registered
6,492 Posts
in the last 2 years Joe was phoning in his performance, gotten fatter and being in bad storyline ang angles like him getting kidnapped by ninjas, being jobbed out by Jeff Jarrett, his feud with The Pope, and his losing streak in the BFG series that went nowhere, 2012 he was in a tag team with Magnus, had an awesome match with Aries, losing a little weight, gotten more motivated and going to be in Noah this year so what do you think
That's just Joe. Overrated as hell and shouldn't be anywhere near a Title scene.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I litteraly HATE EVERYTHING about Samoa Joe from the way he looks to his name. Samoa Joe??!! Come on, are you kidding me?!! What a lame name... but maybe it fits him right because he himself is a lame man.

And I haven't forgotten about his Nation of Violence where I was forced to believe everything Samoa Joe did was so violent that you haven't seen anything so violent done in wrestling before. So now when I see Samoa Joe I think EVERYTHING he does is so extremely violent to a point in which the level of violence hasn't been seen before. I say to myself: "Oh my God! That is so violent" for EVERYTHING Samoa Joe does. That is from every breath, every step he takes and everytime he loses a match, then I go: "oh my!! I have never seen anything more violent than Samoa Joe losing yet another match".

I just HATE him!!!

·
Registered
1,692 Posts
I think Joe just stopped caring really, Joe was great in ROH and when he first went to TNA, his matches with Angle and the 3 way with Styles and Daniels at Unbreakable 05 where four, five stars match's then like you said he was getting kidnapped by ninjas and other doing other meaningless story lines over the years, he could only work with what he was given, put him in the ring with bad wresters and bad story lines, what do you expect,

·
Banned
1,788 Posts
i think if Joe were in better shape he'd be the best wrestler in the world

u can mark my words on that one. people dont take him seriously cuz hes fat... some do.. some dont.....

·
Registered
10,124 Posts
Either you like puro wrestling or you don't, most casual fans can't take a wrestler serious if he doesn't have a 6 pac mainly because of WWE's prototype of "superstars" a few years ago.

Samoa Joe had "IT", TNA fucked up but I still believe he's going to improve and be joe again.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
When you're young you can move fast, even when you're big and fat. But as you get older you really need to drop that weight in order to move the same way.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Joe really needs to lose some weight. Im one of the biggest fans of Joe, but god damn he is become fat. Even i can't take him serious.

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Joe really needs to lose some weight. Im one of the biggest fans of Joe, but god damn he is become fat. Even i can't take him serious.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
Joe does need to lose weight, He's like 280 now. Could easily drop down to 265.

And as much hate the Nation of Violence gets, that was the time I was actually a big Joe fan.

·
Registered
3,330 Posts
I used to like the guy and now it seems to me like he lost the motivation. I dunno what are the reasons for that, maybe it's TNA's fault, maybe it's Joe's own fault but the guy is damaged goods right now :punk2

·
Registered
1,899 Posts
I think Joe has lost some weight in the last year or so - he looks as "trim" as he ever has.

And as an earlier poster said, I just think Joe is one of those guys who needs that extra spur to get him moving. When he's being pushed he can still put on a great show (look at the Aries match!). It's just when he's not in a plotline (or even worse, in a bad one) that he seems to get demotivated. And who can blame him? Just look at how he was treated in the BFG series last year - who can blame him for hitting the pies too hard?

Besides, I think he always puts on a good show. He's not face of the company material but he's one of their top guys, in my eyes. But to get the best out of him you need to put him against a Styles, an Aries or an Angle. In those sort of situations he shines. Put him against a less skilled guy and he seems to lower his work rate accordingly.

·
Registered
8,608 Posts
Either you like puro wrestling or you don't, most casual fans can't take a wrestler serious if he doesn't have a 6 pac mainly because of WWE's prototype of "superstars" a few years ago.

Samoa Joe had "IT", TNA fucked up but I still believe he's going to improve and be joe again.
This! I really hope he becomes Joe again. He is the second reason why I started watching TNA in the first place, first reason being AJ.

·
Leaving em MESMERMIZED!!
2,897 Posts
well since he's of Samoan or rather Polynesian descent, they are naturally big people. its reall his genes and age playing into his size now. sure he could trim down some but hes still going to have that body. TNA did drop the ball with him tho, they didn't care so why should he? that's the vibe i was getting from him....

·
Registered
990 Posts
2012 has been Joe's best year in a while. He's lost a bit of weight, his tag team with Magnus was very good and his match at Slammiversary against Aries was probably his best since the Turning Point 2009 triple threat. He needs to continue on on the same path and he could well become a main eventer again. I don't think he's irreparably damaged just yet.

·
I did nothing wrong
8,909 Posts
Joe is a great wrestler. He can be a top guy again in the company and won't be so downgraded in the company. But, a lot factors have and are playing in on why Joe is "mistreated". It could possibly be that his reign as World Champion was a failure from the start of his reign. It could possibly be his weight and body image that makes people think, "why is this out of shape guy their top champion?" and "he can't be that good to be champ looking like that". And it could definitely be his temper backstage (ex: Samoa Joe suspended from TNA 2 years ago). It could be any combination of the 3. But not really sure.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts