Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
His alliance alongside Magnus seems to have given him some momentum again and just watching him it's clear to see that at the drop of a hat he could break out and be a dominant force again. The only question is whether it's as a babyface or a heel.

The two scenarios are:

(1) He turns on Magnus and becomes a destructive mute heel once again like he was when he debuted in 2005. The problem with this is that it might be hard to get sympathy for attacking Magnus as the Brit is still somewhat heelish. Joe would then bypass any more interaction with Magnus, maybe by kayfabe injuring him and writing him off for a while before having them re-engage with Joe winning the feud. Joe v. Storm, Joe vs. Hardy, Joe vs. RVD and more have great potential.

(2) Magnus turns on him and they engage in a feud where Joe is relentless in his pursuit of a match with Magnus and destroys anyone in his way until then. The culmination of the feud would be Joe convincingly beating his foe and going on as a destructive babyface. The problem with this would be that 'destructive' and 'babyface' don't really go together as they tend to burn out pretty quickly unless you really put the effort into sustain it.

I think the heel route would be better but I think both could work. I think they should hit the switch 2/3 months down the line after further establishing them as a team, thus the feud means more.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
i agree joe could and should be a top guy again. i like the team of him and magnus, but that may be coming to an end soon since magnus is a top guy in rkk and may be doing more stuff come summer.

imo, joe is better as a dominant face, hes too much of a generic angry guy as a heel. the crowd gets behind joe easily. i like the idea of magnus turning on him. magnus can say he carried the team and will bring back his real partner, doug williams. joe then fueds with the british invasion and is built up as a top guy again. only problem is that there are too many faces (storm, aj, aries, rvd, anderson, hardy, mcmg, aries) and only a few heels (roode, angle, ray, crimson)

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
Joe dropped the ball last time BUT he can easily be rebuilt due to his size. Fans love big guys. Big Show, Mark Henry, A Train. Big guys will always be believable if you book them to look strong. Joe is also Samoan, Yokozuna(even as a fake Jap),Umaga, Meng/Haku,etc. they all have those dead "I can kick your ass" type vibe.

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
No, Joe needs a company change
That too but not WWE. I say New Japan or Ring of Honor. They need a solid replacement for A-Train and Joe is that guy. Ring of Honor is in the process of building guys up, Steen on the verge of taking over the World but the fans would go nuts if Joe comes back. Not too mention, ROH is on tv and Cornette is booking, that would be a good relationship.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
The only way Samoa Joe is gunna be a huge star is if he makes the jump to the WWE and Vince wants to give him a push. Vince will know exactly how to market him to make him a draw and get him to ship merchandise out.

·
Registered
855 Posts
He's done in TNA. No matter what they do, he won't be the star he deserved to be. WWE could help him out though but I don't know if he wants to take that chance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Yeah, Joe is pretty much done. They've tried to redo the monster-Joe like dozens of times during the last couple of years and nothing has ever come of it. I enjoy his team with Magnus, but Magnus is definitely the guy you want to push from that team. Joe should just try to get to WWE at this point.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
why do people want joe in wwe? like vince or his televsion writers would know what to do with him. wwe already tried ripping off joe in 2006, it didnt work, dont think the actual one would either.

·
Registered
128 Posts
If you said this around 4 years ago, then I would say yeah, if he got himself into shape, and was booked properly.
Now, in 2012, I say that Samoa Joe is completely done being a major star and main eventer.

·
Banned
911 Posts
People still chant his nameand He his over.

why do people want joe in wwe? wwe marks that's why.

At the drop of a hat he could break out and be a TOP heel.I think the heel route would be better .i agree joe could and should be a top guy again but There are too many faces (storm, aj, aries, rvd, anderson, hardy, mcmg, aries) and only a few heels (roode, angle, ray, crimson)

I think they should hit the switch As soon at Storm wins the title at BFG .

he can brack up with Magnus at Bfg the same night as Storm wins the W.H.C. title

I DONT think he need to "get himself in shape." that his look and that's why he sands out !!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts
Joe was awesome 7 years ago but TNA has really wrecked him.

He should take a stab at WWE and if that doesn't go well he should go to Japan or ROH.

TNA must be paying him well for him to stay around though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts